Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sanctuary Discussion (Spoilers for the most recent episode)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by minigeek View Post
    I've never been to a (real) con before. The "AT" thing last year doesn't count - it wasn't really a con per se. I'm just not sure my cherry could take it...
    *wheeze*

Holy... Yeah. OK, this is definitely a bit of a rough first time, but you're tough. You can take it.

(When is the darn thing again??)
    July 25th to July 29th.

Here's the site. Think about it guys. You know you want to...

Comment

*sniff*
      *sniff*

Oh well. Spazzy you'll still be my roomie for AT3, right?

Kat -> Your signature is WIKKID.
      Ain't it though? I HAD to green her for that masterpiece. WAY cool.

PS...Spazzo...I noticed that article still isn't on SanctuaryFans! You bad, bad girl.

All you have to do is go to SanctuaryFans.com...log in...and then click "Submit News" (it's located in the navigation menu to the right under User Menu).

Okie dokie???

/sits back and waits for article to appear now

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan View Post

PS...Spazzo...I noticed that article still isn't on SanctuaryFans! You bad, bad girl.

All you have to do is go to SanctuaryFans.com...log in...and then click "Submit News" (it's located in the navigation menu to the right under User Menu).

Okie dokie???

OK... Well I tried it and the page kinda wasn't working for me. Could be operator error, but that's OK. If someone else would like to submit the link to sf, that's cool. I don't really care either way.

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz View Post
          Count me in. Flight has been booked.

OMG! OMG! Did anyone warn the San Diego authorities that Spaz will be in town?!

I will more than likely be there for the Saturday and Sunday stuff, will have to wait and see if I have any vacation time for Thursday & Friday. I have a bunch of my Scaper pals that attend EVERY year as a group so I'll be with them, but would love to meet up with my Gater pals as well.
          sigpic
          I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

I've never been to a (real) con before. The "AT" thing last year doesn't count - it wasn't really a con per se. I'm just not sure my cherry could take it...

(When is the darn thing again??)
            July 25 - 29 in sunny San Diego - come on down and join us - we will have a blast - I should be up to an all-nighter by then

Just a note to anyone thinking of attending Comic Con - I have been the last few years - you do want to pre-register for the con - the cost for the full registration is only $50 - being pregistered makes checking in at the con much easier. The lines at the con to reg. will be very long everyday - especially Sat - the preg. line moves very quickly - last year they had a little over 114,000 people at Comic Con over the five days - the first day is just preview night and they open the exhibit hall only - last year there were over 8,000 exhibitors at the con - If you are planning on staying the night and have not booked a hotel start looking all the convention hotels are booked already.
            My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan View Post

Okie dokie???

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz View Post
              OK... Well I tried it and the page kinda wasn't working for me. Could be operator error, but that's OK. If someone else would like to submit the link to sf, that's cool. I don't really care either way.
              I'm going to agree with Spazz on this Über - I tried post the SyFy Potral article a couple days ago but the way you have to submit news was a bit wonky for me as well and I did not have time to play with figuring it out.

Comment

Originally posted by antoa315 View Post
                I will be there for as long as my work permits, so it might only be Friday night to Sunday night!

It would be cool to meet up, I heard a bunch about you from my con roomie ShimmeringStar!

Oh cool - that was you, SS, Marimba and DJFav. correct? - I have met DJFav. and Marimba at other cons as well -

Starts a Comic Con list

ForeverSg1
                dancer of spaz
                SunKrux
                antoa315
                Mini(ieatsmallpuppies)geek - you did say you were join us correct

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux View Post
                  I will more than likely be there for the Saturday and Sunday stuff, will have to wait and see if I have any vacation time for Thursday & Friday. I have a bunch of my Scaper pals that attend EVERY year as a group so I'll be with them, but would love to meet up with my Gater pals as well.
                  I bet I know of one certain crazy Scaper down in San Diego that you could be talking about.

Were you at the last Scaper con? I was hanging out, though I had only seen 10 eps. Good times.

Originally posted by tsaxlady View Post
                  Oh cool - that was you, SS, Marimba and DJFav. correct? - I have met DJFav. and Marimba at other cons as well -
                  Yep! That's me! Great times had with the roomies.

Comment

I bet I know of one certain crazy Scaper down in San Diego that you could be talking about.

Were you at the last Scaper con? I was hanging out, though I had only seen 10 eps. Good times.
                    Ok, Scaper con is totally different than the Creation/Cretin Farscape Cons. Scaper con was a con put on by fans, for fans. I've attended NONE of those. As for the Cretin Farscape cons, I've attended 5 of them, and plan on attending the Frellin' Final Farewell one. *sighs

WHICH crazy Scaper are you referring to? I know a LOT of crazy Scapers in SD.

This will be my first Comic Con and I hope I don't wind up leaving it early because I do not, let me emphazies this I DO NOT LIKE BIG CROWDS. My motto is with big crowds, "If I start mooing like a cow, it's time for me to go home." Most people in big crowds tend to be rude, crude and socially unacceptable and I can't stand that kind of behavior. I'd rather go home than deal with it. I tend to get a little pissy (no I don't mean drunk either) in big crowds.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post
                      I take it ya'll Southern US gal here are like Seattle in that you grow moss instead of tan?

suse
                      North Carolina gal here - and it's Kudzu too.

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux View Post
                        Ok, Scaper con is totally different than the Creation/Cretin Farscape Cons. Scaper con was a con put on by fans, for fans. I've attended NONE of those. As for the Cretin Farscape cons, I've attended 5 of them, and plan on attending the Frellin' Final Farewell one. *sighs

WHICH crazy Scaper are you referring to? I know a LOT of crazy Scapers in SD.
                        I did mean the cretin con. I should have specified.

And the crazy Scaper I am thinking of is Neelan_Liquor here on GW. That's probably who I will be hanging out with at Comic Con, since I will probably also be crashing on her couch/floor/somewhere.

Whoops! Totally hyjacking the thread....

Count me in for a Sanctuary get-to-gether at Comic Con - as long as it's not Thursday or Friday during the day.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                          I tried it both ways. I think the problem is that I have Windows ME and even though I *think* I downloaded the new Flash player it won't work.
                          But I did snag a few minutes at work and got to view the trailer. Yay! It looks really promising.
                          Did you re-start your computer after you downloaded the Flash 9? That was my hangup. After 5 emails back and forth with Dan Woodland from Sanctuary - I finally tried that and lo and behold it worked perfectly.

BTW, Dan was really nice about helping figure out why I couldn't get it to work. He answered my emails within 4, 5 minutes. Although he had just sent me an email that I could start Beta testing and had neglected to tell me how to sign in - so I think he was probably hanging on line for people with problems. You can also ask him questions on the Sanctuary Forum but if you can't get there I would suggest sending him an email with your questions.

Comment

And the crazy Scaper I am thinking of is Neelan_Liquor here on GW. That's probably who I will be hanging out with at Comic Con, since I will probably also be crashing on her couch/floor/somewhere.

Count me in for a Sanctuary get-to-gether at Comic Con - as long as it's not Thursday or Friday during the day.
                            No worries. Sadly the Scaper cons didn't last that long because it's a lot of work and money for the organizers and you know the rest.

Ah...Neelan_Liquor...yeppers I know that ROWDY Scaper. She's awesome. *wonders where the frell NL has been lately...

Well have fun at ComicCon if I don't see you...since it is one FRELLIN' HUGE con.
                            sigpic

Comment

Comic Con is huge but NL and I still ran into each other a couple of times last year. We just need to plan on meeting someplace and going to eat or have a few drinks during the con.

SunKrux if you don't like Big Crowds Saturday at Comic Con I would suggest you stay out of the exhibit hall. It can be difficult to move in some areas of the hall on Saturday. The best days to visit the exhibit hall as far as crowds go is preview night on Wed or Sunday. The exhibit hall opens at 10:00 am everyday and people start lining up between 7:00 - 8:00 to be the first ones in the hall. There are lots of free giveaways at Comic Con but you have to be one of the first x in line to get them. So lots of waiting in line can happen at Comic Con. I usually try to go with several firends so if there is more than one thing we want to see we can split up to get in line and reserve a few seats for each other. The first year I went I got a bit overwhelmed on Saturday with the large mass of people.

Comment

Originally posted by starprops View Post
                                Did you re-start your computer after you downloaded the Flash 9? That was my hangup. After 5 emails back and forth with Dan Woodland from Sanctuary - I finally tried that and lo and behold it worked perfectly.
                                I did, but I'll try it again. Do you think part of my problem is that when I download it, it's a zip file? I don't seem to be able to open it or see an option to unzip.

Comment

Working...
                                X