Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sanctuary Discussion (Spoilers for the most recent episode)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
    SciFi has put up a clip of things coming in 2009-2010 and Sanctuary appeared a few times throughout and there was a sound bite at the end of Ashley saying "Atta boy". Check it out here

There's also some new stuff for Stargate Universe in there as well.
    Sweet! Thank YOU so much for the heads up!

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
    Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Thanks Rox...dang I wish I could watch all those shows. Why do I punish myself and watch the trailers knowing I shall never see them. But the bright side...Sanctuary clips were coolest!!
      "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
      Hug Your Loved Ones!!
      ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Is it October yet?
        Jenni

Comment

Originally posted by LilFerret View Post
          Is it October yet?
          I wish it was.

Julia(samcarterrules)
          sigpic
          Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Originally posted by LilFerret View Post
            Is it October yet?
            heh.

My 11 year-old son walked into the room the other day and found me rewatching an episode of Sanctuary. Said he excitedly, "Is that finally the new one?"

I explained they wouldn't have new ones out until October.

"But that's a whole 'nother year!" he whined. And while I don't think he was imitating Star Wars, it was still funny.

"I know!" his Mom whined back....

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
              heh.

My 11 year-old son walked into the room the other day and found me rewatching an episode of Sanctuary. Said he excitedly, "Is that finally the new one?"

I explained they wouldn't have new ones out until October.

"But that's a whole 'nother year!" he whined. And while I don't think he was imitating Star Wars, it was still funny.

"I know!" his Mom whined back....
              Damn! you have an 11 year old son?!
              LOL kidding

Comment

Sanctuary - TEN 2009 Leo Awards Nominations!:

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....89&postcount=1

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
                SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
                Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Awesome news Morjana!! Thank you for the heads up. I hope that Sanctuary takes em all!!! All the nominees are more than deserving. Congrats to all!!
                  Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                  ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Here's a topic

In the Leo's, Emilie didn't get a nod. Neither did Robin/Will and they are the two characters that changed the most from the Webbies.

Ash in the webbies was rather hard. It seemed to me, at times, she didn't like the Abbies, didn't really have any massive amount of compassion for what she was doing, it was a job, and a job that she did efficiently and - at times - kinda coldly. She kicked tush, didn't apologize and wasn't sorry about doing her job.

Then we get the scifi versions and Ash is a lot softer. Nubbins for example, her cuddling with the killer Furby, whole episodes where she was absent and, until the end, was largely more in a supporting role.

Will, in the webbies, was very ‘new guy’ and – while he may have been the co-star, seemed to be ‘behind’ Ash and Helen. In other words, just because he was the co-star didn’t mean he automatically got the most lines. Will was fitting in and learning.

But Will in the televised version quickly moved forward, getting a whole episode and plot arc focusing on him before Ashley got one to focus on her. Heck, even Henry got a plot arc before Ash.

Will, to me, was changed to the stereotypical ‘young male lead’ and put in a place of prominence in the story while Ash slipped into the stereotypical ‘young female’ role of often being shipped with the male lead (and, personally, had Helen been younger it would have been her).

My point is, the two most changed characters are the two that were the most ignored by the Leo Panel.

It seems safe to say that Scifi had some input, and I’m not saying that all of their input is bad, however, I find it interesting that – awards wise – if a show is made how the networks want it made it’s not recognized as anything special, yet if elements are left in the hands of the creators, people acknowledge that fact.

I'm not saying that I personally like either Ashley better than another. Same with Will. I personally think that Warriors was the weakest episode of the season. And I think the 'best' Ash is a mix of the two. Get her back to kicking butt and taking names, but lose some of the hate I seemed to feel from her (although I do like the conflict of her doing a job she seemed to hate because it's what she was expected to do)

But....again without disparaging anyone, and i'm not meaning to do that, do you think the alteration in Ashley and Will from the Webbies to the televised versions changed them in a 'better' or 'not better' way?
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I dunno Sky. I thought that the Leo's were about television and film...not web based stuff...so maybe that's why they didn't notice any changes...or maybe just because the few that were chosen are just as deserving and someone has to miss out. Or I could be wrong!
                      In a perfect world I'd like to see all of them receive an award. But if I had to choose..I would go the same way as the Leo's.
                      My personal opinion on the changes with Will and Ashely is that I liked Ashely in the webisodes...but Will to me is the same. Or rather close to the same anyways. I didn't really see a huge change in him...yet!
                      Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                      ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

I know that they weren't eligible for the web stuff. It's just tv and movies like you said.

It's just...sometimes network input is good. Sometimes it gets the creators of a show to see things differently....other times it's like BSG and Bonnie Hammer....who wanted the ship to have a dog back in the beginning.

A lot of the time, fans, in general, have issues with the perpetration of cliches and stereotypes, but it often seems that the source of that stems with the network making 'suggestions' to the shows' creators. And then when you see aspects of the show that don't seem to change much from the creators' 'raw' vision - I feel that the webbies were how Damian and Amanda and Martin wanted to make them, and it was all them. Then you see the same basic stuff, with network input and see the aspects that are the most changed be what many see to be the weakest, you just kinda have this 'mmmhm' moment. Where you wonder if, in general, we'd have more 'better' television if we had less input from the suits and more creators simply allowed to do their job and create.
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I think Ash is far better in the TV eps than webisodes, she is realer, she has a wider range of emotions.

Not too sure about Will.
                          sigpic

Comment

Congrats to the whole Sanctuary team for the Leo Nominations!!!

As to Ash and Will, I love the new Ash! I keep wondering about that last scene in Revelations part 2 and wonder how will Ash be when we see her again?

Will, I like him. I just find it difficult to relate to him right now, but I'm crossing my fingers that'll change in season 2. I do like when he does his psychiatry thing though.

Julia(samcarterrules)
                            sigpic
                            Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Originally posted by morjana View Post
                              Sanctuary - TEN 2009 Leo Awards Nominations!:

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....89&postcount=1
                              WOO HOO, that's awesome, awesome news . A big congrats to the Sanctuary cast, and I hope they all win, because the deserve it . And a big congrats to Amanda for her very well deserved nom for Requiem , this is the news I've been waiting for .

Way to go Amanda.

Comment

So glad to see Chris get a nomination for his performance in Revelations, pt2! He certainly deserves it!

das
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X