Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sanctuary Discussion (Spoilers for the most recent episode)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LilFerret View Post
    But on a happy note...a new cast pic!
    http://lilferret.com/SanctuaryCastLove.jpg
    Holy Cow!!! That is just awesome!! I love Amanda's smile...and Chris is in it...and they're all having a great time...I love it!!!! Yay!! Thanks Jenni!!!
    "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
    Hug Your Loved Ones!!
    ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
      *SQUEEEEEEEEEE* AHHHHHHH, AHHHHHHH, I love that, I love that . They look soooooooooooooo cute .

I'm so happy for Amanda, 11 years later, and now she's with her second TV family .

[CENTER]http://i425.photobucket.com/albums/p...ldSG-1Cast.jpg

http://i425.photobucket.com/albums/p...3/scan0001.jpg

http://lilferret.com/SanctuaryCastLove.jpg
      Ah how I miss the old Stargate days. Seeing that new Sanctuary pic brought to mind that very second pic of the team in their desert camo. You can tell its a very candid pic and not one so posed and formal. It's been one of my favorites ever since I seen it and now I seem to have another.

I think I need to start watching Stargate all over again to get my fix. *sigh*

Comment

Originally posted by rderoch View Post
        Yes, you can tell they had a HUGE effects budget.
        Oh totally..... I was just rewatching my grainy Sanctuary eps and still couldn't help but laugh at those commercials....

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post

Spoiler:

*Mesmerized by the third pic*...
        Lol, totally knew that was going to be the pic to get you
        I was watching that part thinking, Oh the boys are going to love that!!!
        *Hugs*

On a completely OT note, I was totally watching Supernatural the yesterday, and who should appear in an ep, but Ryan Robbins... I totally squeaked and then jumped around for a few minutes....
        Of course I think that Peter Deluise's wife was also in that eppy...
        *running of to check*
        Oh, and I almost forgot... so
        Spoiler:
        was the actor who played Helen's father.....
        sigpic
        awesome siggie courtesy of jasminaGo

Comment

For anyone watching Sanctuary on MC, I received a reply to my e-mails regarding the sound problems. According to the engineers they have had looking into it the problem is a technical problem with the master tapes (whatever that means). Hopefully now they can fix it.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

master tapes....they're what is either sent to them to air (rare) or the tape that they use to record the show off satellilte/feed, to air off of

master tapes are quite often reused since stations don't usually keep episodes that they air...they record, air, tape over, and usually have two tapes, although sometimes - depending on when the feed is - can only have one

chances are, since the tapes are reused, they can get worn on the edges...and that's where the audio tracks are laid down (the station is likely using beta or DVC pro tapes, which aren't quite as vulnerable as 1 inch or 3/4 inch tapes, but can be worn)

a new set of master tapes should fix it....unless it's the machine that's messing up the tapes, then it'll repeat itself
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Two very enjoyable episodes (loved sub one ) followed by Warriors - not good. Except for the "board room" baddie woman scenes, which were nicely done. Potential there. The rest of the ep...
              scarimor

Comment

^ Warriors, aka:
                Spoiler:
                "The Incredible Hulk-Will"
                Last edited by Skydiver; 17 December 2008, 12:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by scarimor View Post
                  Two very enjoyable episodes (loved sub one ) followed by Warriors - not good. Except for the "board room" baddie woman scenes, which were nicely done. Potential there. The rest of the ep...
                  Well I do think, all series have that 1 episode that makes us groan...the thing about Sanctuary is that, even though one part may not have been good, the other parts of the ep can make up for it.

Spoiler:
                  I liked the opening scene, the interaction with the 3 of them. It showed Ashley and Helen getting along, so they must have made amends from Ashley finding out who her father was. Will seemed to have that 'at home' feeling with them, and we learned something more about Helen (I still think it was John not Ringo ) We also got to see Helen with her 'father' and how it affected her, and how Ashley stood up for her mother. So with a little FF it can be made into an enjoyable episode
                  sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                    Well I do think, all series have that 1 episode that makes us groan...
                    Not all. Never saw a groan-worthy episode of Firefly. Every episode was good or great.

But I did like that "Smell better" line in Warriors That was a highlight.
                    scarimor

Comment

Usually just lurk about here, but had to comment on all the comments about Warriors. Despite the fact it was, IMHO as well as it seems many of yours, not the best episode, it was the first one my husband finally saw any of simply because he walked into the room and saw a scene or two without realizing immediately what it was and it attracted his attention. (spoilers):
                      Spoiler:
                      and after his initial, "Oh, look. Bugs that burrow into your brain and control you, how original" he did sit down and watch the rest of the episode with interest.

So, while not great by Sanctuary standards, it was certainly good enough to attract his attention despite weeks of resisting.

Comment

For me, the best part of Warriors was
                        Spoiler:
                        Helen kicking a$$ in STILETTOS! Yes I am shallow. I thought the makeup/costume for Will was some of the worst I've seen in any series and instantly reminded me of a white Incredible Hulk. That may be what they were going for, but the plastic look SuperBuffWill was just unbelievable to me.
                        sigpic
                        I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux View Post
                          Spoiler:
                          Helen kicking a$$ in STILETTOS! Yes I am shallow. I thought the makeup/costume for Will was some of the worst I've seen in any series and instantly reminded me of a white Incredible Hulk. That may be what they were going for, but the plastic look SuperBuffWill was just unbelievable to me.
                          Spoiler:
                          Then we must all be in the shallow end of the pool.
                          Everyone's favorite scenes seem to be the tent and the stilettos. So, hmmm, the Helen scenes! Coincidence? Me thinks not.
                          Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
                          William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
                          Anon

Comment

Spoiler:
                            Everyone's favorite scenes seem to be the tent and the stilettos. So, hmmm, the Helen scenes! Coincidence? Me thinks not.
                            *waves from shallow end of pool*

-

Comment

Maybe this episode was made for the 14 year old boys But yea, it wasn't as good as previous episodes, it was only saved (for me) by

Spoiler:
                              by Helen finding her father, and we get more insight into Helen's past and present, seeing how she reacts to her father. And hopefully more of this character will be seen

I loved the Helen bits. The other.... I ended up fast forwarding thru. Same thing happened on B5 for TKO. Love the Ivanova shiva bits, the other, after the first sitting, the "action" bits I ff thru.

It's a shame this ep came right after Requiem. I think it suffered because of it.

And yes, even according to the SyFy Portal guy, this ep was easier to sit thru for his 12 year old.

suse
                              sigpic
                              Mourning Sanctuary.
                              Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Well I do think, all series have that 1 episode that makes us groan...the thing about Sanctuary is that, even though one part may not have been good, the other parts of the ep can make up for it.
                                Spoiler:
                                I liked the opening scene, the interaction with the 3 of them. It showed Ashley and Helen getting along,
                                Oh yeah...I did love that opening scene..
                                Spoiler:
                                .very happy and relaxed!!

Originally posted by SunKrux View Post
                                Spoiler:
                                Helen kicking a$$ in STILETTOS!
                                Spoiler:
                                Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
                                *waves from shallow end of pool*
                                Hehehe....*splash*...
                                Spoiler:
                                how can anyone not love kick a$$ Helen in stilettos...I so love this show...even just chatting about it makes me deliriously happy!!
                                "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                                Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                                ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Working...
                                X