Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sanctuary Discussion (Spoilers for the most recent episode)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For those having problems logging in to Sanctuaryforall official forum; the following was posted on the thread to administrators:

Hi everyone,

Thank you for posting your concerns here!

Rest assured we weren't ignoring you, but were trying to find the source of the problems that you were experiencing.

Each of the accounts listed as problematic in this thread have been reactivated - so if you could give them a try and make sure, that would be great!

In the meantime, a few questions from our technical team:

Exactly when did your accounts stop working?

Did you do anything unusual before or after ie. maybe use a different computer or browser or use a forum feature you hadn't used before, etc.?

If you could answer these questions, and provide as much information as possible, we will do our best to make sure it doesn't happen again.

As well, if there are additional accounts not listed here that are still having problems, could you please let us know?

You can answer here on this thread, or at the following email address:

[email protected]

Thank you again for bringing this to our attention, and for your patience!

Cheers,
    Jaclyn

Since you can't login to leave a message on the thread mentioned please respond with an email to the address provided so they can fix the issue.

Cheers,

Jan
    Last edited by JanSam; 28 November 2008, 01:39 PM.
    sigpic

Comment

Re Sanctuaryforall Forum

*cough*
      So they cause a global problem with permissions and fix each one individually when notified? So not good!

Yes, there are still broken Users out there, me included, so if anyone is still affected then email them to get it fixed or it won't get fixed.
      (it's easier than having to create a new ID just to post on the thread to get help )

Colour me unimpressed.
      -

Comment

RoX I don't think they realize how big an issue it is. All they have seen is the messages left from those few that re-registered with a different user name. In my email I did tell her that more are affected than those that have posted there and that I would copy and paste her message over here for those of us that didn't bother to re-register. Hey at least we now have a contact address for when there are problems.
        sigpic

Comment

as the word spreads and everyone that does have isuses e-mails them, then they'll know just how big of a problem it is.
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JanSam View Post
            RoX I don't think they realize how big an issue it is. All they have seen is the messages left from those few that re-registered with a different user name. In my email I did tell her that more are affected than those that have posted there and that I would copy and paste her message over here for those of us that didn't bother to re-register. Hey at least we now have a contact address for when there are problems.
            Yeah at least we do now have a contact point and I have already had a reply.

However, I know they don't know how big the problem is simply by their comments and questions. I am unimpressed from a professional technical point of view, their technical problem solving skills are sadly lacking. Sorry but I have a dim view of professionals who are not wholly competent. I don't expect problems to be fixed immediately (sometimes it's hard to track down the root cause) but I do expect reasonably intelligent questions and follow through to be applied.
            -

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon 304 View Post

Lets make a list of what kind of (realistic) Sanctuary merch we would like [to throw our money at S1 for ].

- Character t-shirts (Bigfoot = bought)
              - Fancy key chains
              - Insanely large posters..... fine, you're average sized large posters.
              - Concept art pictures/book

Um... that's all I've got. For now.
              DOH!!!

Soundtrack CD. NOW! plzkthnx

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon 304 View Post
                DOH!!!

Soundtrack CD. NOW! plzkthnx
                Oh yes! Soundtrack CD
                and I agree Concept art pictures/books would be cool.

I'd like DVDs to be able to be purchased directly but I bet it would never happen because of region and distribution issues

*wanders off to kick the Aussie networks again*
                We STILL have no word on if/when we'll get Sanctuary here
                -

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
                  A woman who doesn't like shopping?!?!?!?!
                  I don't like shopping either. And ya know what else? I could care less about shoes! Shocking I know.
                  Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
                  William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
                  Anon

Comment

I will be celebrating my 21st (2 weeks early.... shhhhh). It's probably a good thing there isn't an ep this week, so I won't be tempted to sneak away to watch it like I usually do.
                    Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
                      I will be celebrating my 21st (2 weeks early.... shhhhh). It's probably a good thing there isn't an ep this week, so I won't be tempted to sneak away to watch it like I usually do.
                      Oi! The younglings iz getting oldz!!

(sheesh what does that make me???)
                      (Quiet!! that was a rhetorical question )

LOL I often resort to planning to slip away from family to get my Sanctuary fix.
                      -

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
                        Oi! The younglings iz getting oldz!!

(sheesh what does that make me???)
                        (Quiet!! that was a rhetorical question )

LOL I often resort to planning to slip away from family to get my Sanctuary fix.
                        And I join my family for my Sanctuary fix. (They have SciFi, I don't.)

suse
                        sigpic
                        Mourning Sanctuary.
                        Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post
                          And I join my family for my Sanctuary fix. (They have SciFi, I don't.)

suse
                          And I ostracise my family....Sanctuary is on at the same time as Spooks Thankfully I don't ask for the television too often so I win on Mondays.
                          sigpic
                          Thank you to Lies for my signature pic
                          My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

Sanctuary - Edward now available on HULU & SciFi.com:

Sanctuary's 'Edward' is now available for viewing at SciFi.com, and HULU.

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
                            SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
                            Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by JanSam View Post
                              For those having problems logging in to Sanctuaryforall official forum; the following was posted on the thread to administrators:
                              Spoiler:

Hi everyone,

Thank you for posting your concerns here!

Rest assured we weren't ignoring you, but were trying to find the source of the problems that you were experiencing.

Each of the accounts listed as problematic in this thread have been reactivated - so if you could give them a try and make sure, that would be great!

In the meantime, a few questions from our technical team:

Exactly when did your accounts stop working?

Did you do anything unusual before or after ie. maybe use a different computer or browser or use a forum feature you hadn't used before, etc.?

If you could answer these questions, and provide as much information as possible, we will do our best to make sure it doesn't happen again.

As well, if there are additional accounts not listed here that are still having problems, could you please let us know?

You can answer here on this thread, or at the following email address:

[email protected]

Thank you again for bringing this to our attention, and for your patience!

Cheers,
                              Jaclyn

Since you can't login to leave a message on the thread mentioned please respond with an email to the address provided so they can fix the issue.
                              Cheers,
                              Jan
                              Thank you Jan!! I'll email them tomorrow as I'm about to close the puter for the night!
                              Re Sanctuaryforall Forum
                              *cough*
                              So they cause a global problem with permissions and fix each one individually when notified? So not good!
                              Colour me unimpressed.
                              I'm getting a bit worried about you RoX....you seem to have a cough...I noticed this in the Samanda thread too!
                              Oh yes! Soundtrack CD
                              and I agree Concept art pictures/books would be cool.
                              I'd like DVDs to be able to be purchased directly but I bet it would never happen because of region and distribution issues
                              *wanders off to kick the Aussie networks again*
                              We STILL have no word on if/when we'll get Sanctuary here
                              It's infuriating that Australia is sooo backwards when it comes to television! Stupid networks!!
                              As for the region thing...not to worry about that down here RoX...Australian dvd players are now required to be able to play all region dvds...I think that came into effect about 5 years ago. Distribution of course is another matter!
                              "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                              Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                              ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Its a sad, but true fact that science fiction broadcasting has greatly regressed over the years in Australia. I can remember back when shows like Stargate were often found in prime time slots and not the awful midnight slot that Atlantis now has.

Nothing is ever shown on Australian prime time unless its been an established hit on one of the main American networks. I don't have any hope that Sanctuary will make it down here to us.
                                "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound as they fly bye" Douglas Adams

Comment

Working...
                                X