Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sanctuary Discussion (Spoilers for the most recent episode)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it true that we don't have a Sanctuary episode this Friday? Sanctuary withdrawal setting in... shake, shake...

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
      Is it true that we don't have a Sanctuary episode this Friday? Sanctuary withdrawal setting in... shake, shake...
      Yes it's true, no Sanctuary this Friday...but you can still catch Amanda on the 7 hour Ghost Hunters special
      sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane View Post
        RE: Oxford (Ann)

Spoiler:
        Two things.

1. The real Montague John Druitt studied classics at Oxford. However, I can see them both being involved in, say, Oxford's debating group (one of the best in the world) or coming together in some sort of way like that.

2. The degree certificate from Oxford shown in the title sequence says "Class of 1931". Maybe it was retraining or something, but certainly interesting.
        Spoiler:
        Yeah I could see them being involved in the Oxford debating group.

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
        Because I apparently have nothing better to do:
        Spoiler:
        According to Oxford's Website:

"Women were not admitted to membership of the University until 1920, although they had been allowed to sit some University examinations and attend lectures for over forty years by that date."

So possibly Helen had attended Oxford when John first did, but went back shortly after they started admitting women to get an official degree?
        Spoiler:
        Amanda mentioned in an interview around the time the webisodes were being released or just after it, that she used the first female graduate of Medical school as an inspiration for the character. I forget her name now, but several of us posted something about her a while back. I think she attended classes and sat in lectures even though she wasn't allowed to take exams or get a grade. So that would be a possibility she attended classes at Oxford, but not eligible for a degree.

EDIT: Here are some posts about Elizabeth Blackwell the first female graduate of Medical School http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...40175&page=238 scroll to the bottom of the page and it continues on the next page.
        Last edited by ann_sgcfan; 28 October 2008, 04:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
          Yes it's true, no Sanctuary this Friday...but you can still catch Amanda on the 7 hour Ghost Hunters special
          *prays that one of the options on scifi.com will be to follow the individual teams. For the entire night*

Comment

Download link for SciFi Talks Audio Interview from Oct. 27:

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/Sci-Fi-...Episode-23.mp3

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
            SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
            Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by morjana View Post
              Download link for SciFi Talks Audio Interview from Oct. 27:

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/Sci-Fi-...Episode-23.mp3
              Thanks, but this is a "temporary" download, how do you download the thing permanently?

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
                Thanks, but this is a "temporary" download, how do you download the thing permanently?
                Click right (on the link itself), and choose save as (or save target as), save to your hard drive.

Just like how it's normally done.
                Last edited by morjana; 28 October 2008, 05:29 PM.

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
                SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
                Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Click right, and choose save as (or save target as), save to your hard drive.

Rocky's mind is still stuck on Tony saying "Rocky loves Amanda" on air.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                    This is why I tape every week, even though I'm watching it on tv at the time.... Then there is no withdrawal.......

I get my fix whenever I need it....
                    sigpic
                    awesome siggie courtesy of jasminaGo

Comment

Click right, and choose save as (or save target as), save to your hard drive.

Thank you . And that was cool of you calling in .

Originally posted by Falcon 304 View Post
                      Rocky's mind is still stuck on Tony saying "Rocky loves Amanda" on air.
                      YAY . I hope I can call in when he comes back and does that interview with Helen . I still can't believe he mentioned me all those times . As I Falcon, We had a lot of fun didn't we? that's the fastest we've ever talked, and the first time I've ever heard someone's voice responing to my posts . I'm glad he believed me when I said I started some a Carter VS Magnus thing, and he loved my Stargate cookies joke, and I hope he does ask Helen what she thinks of SG and Carter. Anyway, yeah, we had fun
                      Last edited by Rocky89; 28 October 2008, 05:36 PM.

Comment

*prays that one of the options on scifi.com will be to follow the individual teams. For the entire night*

Lol, I'm going to record it, that way I can just fast forward through the commercials....
                        Plus I have a Halloween party to go to, oooh, maybe I can convince them that it would be something good to watch on television..... Good background television.....
                        sigpic
                        awesome siggie courtesy of jasminaGo

Comment

Originally posted by ~Sarah~ View Post
                          Lol, I'm going to record it, that way I can just fast forward through the commercials....
                          Plus I have a Halloween party to go to, oooh, maybe I can convince them that it would be something good to watch on television..... Good background television.....
                          *is glad I don't have a life for once*

Comment

sigpic
                            The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Amanda's my life .

And I'm so taping that episode of GH, I wonder what Amanda will do if she encounters a ghost .

Comment

XD Yeah, I saved that last time you posted it.

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
                                Amanda's my life .

And I'm so taping that episode of GH, I wonder what Amanda will do if she encounters a ghost .
                                *random pondering*

I forgot to go get a larger tape. I have three 2 hour tapes and probably another one or two around here, but that means taping over the Sanctuary pilot. Hmm... I suppose I could go after school tomorrow... I don't doubt someone will put it on teh webs for download, but that means deleting a bunch of stuff...

Comment

Working...
                                X