Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sanctuary Discussion (Spoilers for the most recent episode)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

People's Choice Awards 2009 Nominees Poll!

I'm a registered member of the People's Choice Awards site at:

http://www.pcavote.com/pca/

I just received an e-mail, inviting me to: Choose the nominees for the 2009 People's Choice Awards!

There are are numerous categories, but one of them is Favorite SciFi TV Show -- and the nominees are:

Heroes
    Sanctuary
    Stargate Atlants
    Supernatural
    True Blood
    Doctor Who
    Kyle XY
    Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles
    Torchwood
    Battlestar Galactica

You may select up to three nominees

There are also categories for favorite Female and Male TV Stars...and you have the option of typing in up to three nominees of your own choice!

You can register here now:

http://www.pcavote.com/pca/register.jsp

And vote for Amanda and Sanctuary!

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
    Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz View Post
      I have tomorrow off work, so you can borrow mine if you want. I wont be needing it.
      LOL!

Oooo, a Scottish brain!

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

If interested, a MP3 of the new theme music.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/jci7ni

Comment

Originally posted by parsifal View Post
          If interested, a MP3 of the new theme music.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/jci7ni
          Many thanks, parsifal.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by morjana View Post
            SciFi Talk: Amanda Tapping Audio Interview - Oct. 20 9:30 pm:

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....93&postcount=1
            What we got of the interview was good, unfortunately Tony had problems with his switchboard and couldn't play the second half of it.

Strange that it happened just after Falcon called in (just jokes mate)

I'm really looking forward to Kush this week. Amanda said that it's a really cool episodes and she's really proud of it, she also said that they hit their stride in this ep after going through the usual settling down with a new production stuff.

Also did Tony say something about a DVD and extras? I missed some of the chat.
            -

Comment

He said Amanda talked about the DVDs in the second half of the interview...which he couldn't get to work. Later after trying hard to get it to play, he said the Webisodes would be included on the DVDs.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
                All of the webisodes will be on the first season box set.

Comment

Yes, he said the Sanctuary DVDs would also include the webisodes.

Morjana

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
                  SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
                  Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by CalmStorm View Post
                    That was the biggest let down. They send that little thing through the tunnel and run into yet another door, but Zahi Hawass, the ever so great... 'Secretary General of the Supreme Council of Antiquities and Director of the Giza Pyramids Excavation' (now if that isn't a mouthful of title)...wouldn't allow for the door, or blockage to me moved. So all we get to see is all of this hype, with no result and Hawass acting like it's the greatest discovery ever.

I'm all for preserving and being careful, but this guy is over the top. Rest assured if you see the Discovery Channel hyping a program of great discovery that has Hawass in it, it will probably not have any real discovery that comes close to matching the hype.
                    /rant

...but yeah, I think it's the same type of gizmo
                    Still it's not as funny as the hype that Geraldo gave the tomb, only to find nothing as it was opened... now that was funny...
                    At least this was someone saying, sorry can't go any futher... not, It's gonna be the find of the century, wait, this just coming in, there isn't anything to actually report on...
                    Although, I do have to agree that whole, sorry you can't open it was a bit of a letdown...

Morjana
                    That is sweet action!!! Awesome to hear... Okay so silly little question from the geeky girl in the back... Am I crazy in making the assumption that the episodes that are aired on the SciFi Channel are not exactly the complete episodes? Sorry if this was already asked, or is a crazy question, was just wondering...
                    sigpic
                    awesome siggie courtesy of jasminaGo

Comment

Originally posted by jansam View Post
                      he said amanda talked about the dvds in the second half of the interview...which he couldn't get to work. Later after trying hard to get it to play, he said the webisodes would be included on the dvds.
                      yay!!
                      -

Comment

Originally posted by ann_sgcfan View Post
                        Here is a short new interview with Amanda regarding Sanctuary. There are spoilers so please be aware. http://blogs.coventrytelegraph.net/t...interview.html

And here is an article discussing real life technology that was used in the episode "Folding Man" which aired last week in the US and Canada and next Monday for the UK.
                        http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/sc...y-gets-roving/
                        I wondered if this was something the tech dept came up with or if they borrowed it from somewhere... lol now I know. Cool little gadget
                        Cool links! Thank you!

The rover reminded me of the undersea rovers they use. Roach or rat cam might have been entertaining, too.

This is so off topic you may never recover:

Spoiler:
                        The article mentioned roombas as a type of autonomous rover hehe. I never knew my roomba was that high functioning. But I love the thing - it cleans a room while I'm working on another. Yes, I'm LAZY. No, just time challenged, and it does a decent (read: not perfect) job. Most importantly, it entertains my cats and antagonizes my puppies.

I just received an e-mail, inviting me to: Choose the nominees for the 2009 People's Choice Awards!

There are are numerous categories, but one of them is Favorite SciFi TV Show -- and the nominees are:

Heroes
                        Sanctuary
                        Stargate Atlants
                        Supernatural
                        True Blood
                        Doctor Who
                        Kyle XY
                        Torchwood
                        Battlestar Galactica

There are also categories for favorite Female and Male TV Stars...and you have the option of typing in up to three nominees of your own choice!

I'll try to vote.

What we got of the interview was good, unfortunately Tony had problems with his switchboard and couldn't play the second half of it.

I'm really looking forward to Kush this week. Amanda said that it's a really cool episodes and she's really proud of it, she also said that they hit their stride in this ep after going through the usual settling down with a new production stuff.

Druitt is messing around with Sanctuary stuff again! Interview foiled, but not forever.

Falcon has a cool radio voice! (unlike my dork voice)

AT puts so much time and effort into researching her roles, changing her voice, listening to Victorian English. I wish people would lay off dissing the accent.

DVD and extras? I missed that, but I'm all-in if S3M is planning to release a Season 1 collection.

Is it bad luck to ask about if they have a second season pickup?
                        Words have tremendous power. The right words spoken by the right people at the right times can lift up communities, transform lives, mend relationships, break hearts—even topple empires.
                        Quint Studer

Comment

Originally posted by tagger View Post
                          Falcon has a cool radio voice!
                          Really? Thanks. I'm going to listen to the actual interview again, but I think I'm going to have to stop after it.

Comment

Heroes
                            Sanctuary
                            Stargate Atlants
                            Supernatural
                            True Blood
                            Doctor Who
                            Kyle XY
                            Torchwood
                            Battlestar Galactica

*SQUUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE* LETS MAKE AMANDA AND THE SHOW A WINNER

Originally posted by JanSam View Post
                            He said Amanda talked about the DVDs in the second half of the interview...which he couldn't get to work. Later after trying hard to get it to play, he said the Webisodes would be included on the DVDs.

Morjana
                            Originally posted by tagger View Post
                            Cool links! Thank you!

The rover reminded me of the undersea rovers they use. Roach or rat cam might have been entertaining, too.

This is so off topic you may never recover:

Spoiler:
                            The article mentioned roombas as a type of autonomous rover hehe. I never knew my roomba was that high functioning. But I love the thing - it cleans a room while I'm working on another. Yes, I'm LAZY. No, just time challenged, and it does a decent (read: not perfect) job. Most importantly, it entertains my cats and antagonizes my puppies.

I'll try to vote.

Druitt is messing around with Sanctuary stuff again! Interview foiled, but not forever.

Falcon has a cool radio voice! (unlike my dork voice)

AT puts so much time and effort into researching her roles, changing her voice, listening to Victorian English. I wish people would lay off dissing the accent.

DVD and extras? I missed that, but I'm all-in if S3M is planning to release a Season 1 collection.

Is it bad luck to ask about if they have a second season pickup?
                            OK, lets talk about the DVD's . I've posted this a few times on other threads, and now I'll post it here .

Alright, I did some thinking, and as you know, we've been doing are part by watching the show, and the other things like, morjana's idea about searching the show on Yahoo, and voting for it in the SFX awards. But I feel like we can do more. I really have high hopes for the show, even more every week, but the only real thing we can do is watch the show, and support it any way we can. I mean, there's more to supporting a show/movie than by just watching it, write fan mail, buy merchandise/DVD's/books. The more we do, the movie popular a show/movie becomes to the public. It's all about 3 things:

1. Ratings!

2. Sales!

3. Quality!- Acting, writing and directing

Merchandise is a BIG one, it's one of the most important factors in showing the company and/or network the popularity of a show or movie. As I told Sally, When the DVDs come out, I'm gonna buy the first season, and I'm gonna pay with cash to support the show and Amanda . Maybe I'll even buy 3 or 5 copies for extra support . Y'all should do the same . Because merchandise is just as important to a shows success IMHO. It shows how popular a show or movie is, and it's good money wise. Remember, the SG-1 season DVD's all sold well, and both the SG-1 movie were #1 at Amazon.com for a while at one point.

If it'd help Amanda and the show, I'll go in there, maybe store to store if I have to, and clean the shelves of all the copies . Because like I said, merchandise is just as important to a shows success, but the faster they sell is also just as important .

I mean look the the 2003 Hulk, even though it didn't fair to well with critics, but it did very well in Merchandise-- toys, books, games and what not. And look at Spider-Man 3, it broke records because it made over 150 million so fast. So yeah.
                            Last edited by Rocky89; 21 October 2008, 07:38 PM.

Comment

Heroes
                              Sanctuary
                              Stargate Atlants
                              Supernatural
                              True Blood
                              Doctor Who
                              Kyle XY
                              Torchwood
                              Battlestar Galactica

I'm registered at the site from last year, but haven't received anything. Did you receive a link to the voting page?

Originally posted by JanSam View Post
                              WOO HOOOOOOOO! And hopefully commentaries, deleted scenes and bloopers.

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
                              *SQUUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE* LETS MAKE AMANDA AND THE SHOW A WINNER

OK, lets talk about the DVD's . I've posted this a few times on other threads, and now I'll post it here .

Alright, I did some thinking, and as you know, we've been doing are part by watching the show, and the other things like, morjana's idea about searching the show on Yahoo, and voting for it in the SFX awards. But I feel like we can do more. I really have high hopes for the show, even more every week, but the only real thing we can do is watch the show, and support it any way we can. I mean, there's more to supporting a show/movie than by just watching it, write fan mail, buy merchandise/DVD's/books. The more we do, the movie popular a show/movie becomes to the public. It's all about 3 things:

1. Ratings!

2. Sales!

3. Quality!- Acting, writing and directing

Merchandise is a BIG one, it's one of the most important factors in showing the company and/or network the popularity of a show or movie. As I told Sally, When the DVDs come out, I'm gonna buy the first season, and I'm gonna pay with cash to support the show and Amanda . Maybe I'll even buy 3 or 5 copies for extra support . Y'all should do the same . Because merchandise is just as important to a shows success IMHO. It shows how popular a show or movie is, and it's good money wise. Remember, the SG-1 season DVD's all sold well, and both the SG-1 movie were #1 at Amazon.com for a while at one point.

If it'd help Amanda and the show, I'll go in there, maybe store to store if I have to, and clean the shelves of all the copies . Because like I said, merchandise is just as important to a shows success, but the faster they sell is also just as important .

I mean look the the 2003 Hulk, even though it didn't fair to well with critics, it did very well in Merchandise-- toys, books, games and what not. And look at Spider-Man 3, it broke records because it made over 150 million so fast. So yeah.
                              Trust me, I will buy everything they offer. I have all of the merch that was offered with the webisodes. And I probably have about 95% of everything available for SG-1 and X-Files. No props from SG yet, but I have a few from XF. I had to draw the line at Atlantis, though I do have some select items. I had to control myself somehow.
                              Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
                              William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
                              Anon

Comment

Originally posted by rderoch View Post
                                Trust me, I will buy everything they offer. I have all of the merch that was offered with the webisodes. And I probably have about 95% of everything available for SG-1 and X-Files. No props from SG yet, but I have a few from XF. I had to draw the line at Atlantis, though I do have some select items. I had to control myself somehow.
                                I knew I could count on you .
                                Last edited by Rocky89; 21 October 2008, 07:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X