Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sanctuary Discussion (Spoilers for the most recent episode)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The UK ratings for the premiere over two weeks :

Sanctuary For All Part 1 - 505,000 viewers
    Sanctuary For All Part 2 - 533,000 viewers

Check the ratings thread http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....8&postcount=34
    -

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
      SciFi Wire has posted their top 10 shows and Sanctuary's 2.2 for the premiere put it at number 1

Check the ratings thread http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....0&postcount=32
      WTG Sanctuary!!!
      The UK ratings for the premiere over two weeks :

Sanctuary For All Part 1 - 505,000 viewers
      Sanctuary For All Part 2 - 533,000 viewers

Check the ratings thread http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....8&postcount=34
      OK I'm not so good with numbers, is that a good amount for ratings??

Julia(samcarterrules)
      sigpic
      Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post
        WTG Sanctuary!!!

OK I'm not so good with numbers, is that a good amount for ratings??

Julia(samcarterrules)
        I'm not British, but that is apparently a very good rating for a scripted drama on ITV4. Primeval is the other major scripted series they have and it gets in the 300,000s usually. So, it is doing really, really well for the channel.

It is not getting the same numbers as big mainstream hits like Doctor Who and Lost which usually get over a million viewers. However, it is doing very well in contrast to other sci-fi shows. For example, the fifth season of SGA has had anywhere from 337,000-511,000 viewers on Sky One and it usually gets somewhere in the 400,000s.

Here is a listing of the viewing numbers for each network to give you a better comparison. It doesn't have Sanctuary b/c it hadn't aired yet as of this report.

BARB Ratings for Oct. 5th, 2008

Comment

Originally posted by Melora View Post
          I'm not British, but that is apparently a very good rating for a scripted drama on ITV4. Primeval is the other major scripted series they have and it gets in the 300,000s usually. So, it is doing really, really well for the channel.

It is not getting the same numbers as big mainstream hits like Doctor Who and Lost which usually get over a million viewers. However, it is doing very well in contrast to other sci-fi shows. For example, the fifth season of SGA has had anywhere from 337,000-511,000 viewers on Sky One and it usually gets somewhere in the 400,000s.

Here is a listing of the viewing numbers for each network to give you a better comparison. It doesn't have Sanctuary b/c it hadn't aired yet as of this report.

Apparently ITV4's slot time average for the year is 193,000 so Sanctuary and Primeval together are pushing ITV4 to their best ever Monday ratings
          -

Comment

Apparently ITV4's slot time average for the year is 193,000 so Sanctuary and Primeval together are pushing ITV4 to their best ever Monday ratings
            Woo Hoo .

Comment

Here is a short new interview with Amanda regarding Sanctuary. There are spoilers so please be aware. http://blogs.coventrytelegraph.net/t...interview.html

Sample Q/A:What's she like as a person?
              She is sexy, savvy and unapologetic. She doesn't suffer fools, and she can see when people aren't being honest with her. She's an incredibly fun character to play because a single look from Helen Magnus can bring somebody down, so it's quite fun in that regard. I don't have that, but it's great fun to put on her shoes.

And here is an article discussing real life technology that was used in the episode "Folding Man" which aired last week in the US and Canada and next Monday for the UK.
              http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/sc...y-gets-roving/
              I wondered if this was something the tech dept came up with or if they borrowed it from somewhere... lol now I know. Cool little gadget

Comment

SciFi Talk: Amanda Tapping Audio Interview - Oct. 20 9:30 pm:

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....93&postcount=1

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
                SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
                Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Anyone care to join me in the chat room?

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon 304 View Post
                    Anyone care to join me in the chat room?
                    I'm there!

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
                    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
                    Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by antoa View Post
                      Right, half way through their 3rd season of 13 episodes.

See this new shorter format is so confusing *sigh* I want my 20+ ep seasons back.
                      Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                      eureka didn't finish it

they're only halfway through i think, with part 2 to come at some undetermined time

but yeah, at 1 per week, 12 weeks, time off for holidays, the most overlap we'll have is sanctuary's season 1 finale the same friday as bsg's premiere
                      Sorta like watching a season of Torchwood.... Not as long as a season of Stargate, but well worth watching....

Originally posted by ann_sgcfan View Post

And here is an article discussing real life technology that was used in the episode "Folding Man" which aired last week in the US and Canada and next Monday for the UK.
                      http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/sc...y-gets-roving/
                      I wondered if this was something the tech dept came up with or if they borrowed it from somewhere... lol now I know. Cool little gadget
                      It reminds me of the gadget that a team of archeologists used to explore a small shaft in one of the pyramids on the History Channel last year... come to think of it, didn't Helen make that reference?
                      If it's not that gadget, it's very, very close....
                      sigpic
                      awesome siggie courtesy of jasminaGo

Comment

Originally posted by Melora View Post

Thanks for explaining guys, it looks like Sanctuary is doing really well

Julia(samcarterrules)
                        sigpic
                        Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

those little tiny rovers are quite popular. I know they were used to explore the titanic, bomb squads use a version of them to check things out and they're a wonderful way to put eyes where humans can't go or shouldn't go
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ~Sarah~ View Post
                            It reminds me of the gadget that a team of archeologists used to explore a small shaft in one of the pyramids on the History Channel last year... come to think of it, didn't Helen make that reference?
                            If it's not that gadget, it's very, very close....
                            That was the biggest let down. They send that little thing through the tunnel and run into yet another door, but Zahi Hawass, the ever so great... 'Secretary General of the Supreme Council of Antiquities and Director of the Giza Pyramids Excavation' (now if that isn't a mouthful of title)...wouldn't allow for the door, or blockage to me moved. So all we get to see is all of this hype, with no result and Hawass acting like it's the greatest discovery ever.

I'm all for preserving and being careful, but this guy is over the top. Rest assured if you see the Discovery Channel hyping a program of great discovery that has Hawass in it, it will probably not have any real discovery that comes close to matching the hype.
                            /rant

...but yeah, I think it's the same type of gizmo

Comment

Originally posted by antoa View Post
                              Well, considering Eureka just finished it's third 13 episode season, I think that this is the formula that SciFi is going to follow for now.
                              Oh, I don't watch Eureka so I didn't know that. Hope Sanctuary bucks that trend.

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                              Yep, we're brain sharing again.
                              Just to let you know, I may need it tomorrow.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                                Just to let you know, I may need it tomorrow.
                                I have tomorrow off work, so you can borrow mine if you want. I wont be needing it.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X