Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sanctuary Discussion (Spoilers for the most recent episode)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just watched "Sanctuary For All part 2" and it was awesome!! I loved it and can't wait until next week!!!

Julia(samcarterrules)
    sigpic
    Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Episode #2 (morrigan?):
      I enjoyed it. I would have liked to see
      Spoiler:
      a few things from the webisode though. I wished they had kept the "cutting off your allowance" line and some Magnus whumping. First it's Sam whumping, now Helen whumping. But I could see why the changed things given the direction they were going. And there was good Magnus tushie kicking!
      My favorite line:
      Spoiler:
      Helen: Your keepers are dead all over my house.

Comment

Okay...It's been a few hours now since I've seen Part 2 of Sanctuary for All and, as with Part 1, I've left my posting until now just to think back on the episode and how I was during it.

I felt there was a bit of improvement from Part 1 in that the pace picked up somewhat but it's still failing to ignite any excitement in me and *REALLY* amaze me, grip me, and reel me in. The characters and the storyline and even the action felt so...distant...if that makes any sense.

I'll give this series a chance and will definitely tune in for the remaining episodes...but based on what I've seen of the opening 2-parter...so far I'm not overly impressed...and that upsets me. Maybe it's my fault for expecting so much more and for building myself into such a high level of excitement about Sanctuary...but I've definitely come down from that high really hard.

One positive I got from Part 2 is how amazing Amanda looked! Not that she doesn't always look amazing but in this episode and especially during the scene on the roof...she looked so incredibly beautiful...again...not that she doesn't always look incredibly beautiful!
        Last edited by Alan; 13 October 2008, 05:19 PM.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD, THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
        K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
          Episode #2 (morrigan?):
          My favorite line:
          Spoiler:
          I loved that line too, as well as the next part
          Spoiler:
          Got any more?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
            Some news from the Mipcom convention where Tricon (the distributor for Sanctuary) was presenting Sanctuary to the rest of the world.
            Sanctuary will be shown on Channel AXN in Bulgaria, the Czech Republic, Hungary, Moldova, Poland, Romania and Slovakia. Also on the Sci Fi Channel Asia which will show in over 28 countries.
            http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....&postcount=293
            Still no Australia...now that is just plain stupid!
            Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
            Episode #2 (morrigan?):
            I enjoyed it. I would have liked to see
            Spoiler:
            a few things from the webisode though. I wished they had kept the "cutting off your allowance" line and some Magnus whumping. First it's Sam whumping, now Helen whumping. But I could see why the changed things given the direction they were going. And there was good Magnus tushie kicking!
            My favorite line:
            Spoiler:
            Originally posted by EvenstarSRV View Post
            I loved that line too, as well as the next part
            Spoiler:
            Got any more?
            Hehe...I too loved that scene...although didn't it seem somewhat hypercritical for her to say
            Spoiler:
            they were trespassing when they themselves trespassed when they got the Morrigan??

Either way...great ep!!! It's only gong to get better...you all know that...right???
            "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
            Hug Your Loved Ones!!
            ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

I'm loving Sanctuary. I wish the could have left the flushing of Will in his shower in the first part of the episode.. i found that hilarious. can't wait for the Folding man.
              Thanks to Nad for my awesome sig!
              Proud member of the SSHSOP, S.H.I.P and MOP!

Comment

Crazy week and weekend of work, but I managed to watch Fata Morgana - barely!

(do ya think I should join this century and get a DVR?? Hmmm. ):

Spoiler:
                Wow!!

I really liked it. It made me realize how good the webisodes were! I missed some of the original dialogue, the funny stuff, but the episode was nicely paced.

I love graphics and loved the beauty of this webisode. The colors, flashbacks, everything enhanced the episode mood.

The episode felt "tighter" to me. Crisp, finished - hard for me to explain, but it was my first thought when the episode was over. It was over too soon, btw, I could have continued watching the story unfold. ....< note the lead in for this weeks episode. hehehehe.
                I like the Helen/Ashley relationship much better so far. They work as a team rather than being at each other's throats.

The actress who plays Danu does a great job. Hope she and the other witches can come back.

I also liked that the witches began to reclaim their free will, and what they chose was to help.

Looking forward to this week!!

YAY!!! GO S3M!!!
                Last edited by tagger; 14 October 2008, 09:03 AM.
                Words have tremendous power. The right words spoken by the right people at the right times can lift up communities, transform lives, mend relationships, break hearts—even topple empires.
                Quint Studer

Comment

Scifi.com has posted a partial preliminary schedule for December, and it looks like we may be getting new episodes in December! (Also, new SGA episodes!)

http://www.scifi.com/schedulebot/index.php3

12/05/2008 10:00P SANCTUARY
                  12/06/2008 12:00A SANCTUARY

12/12/2008 10:00P SANCTUARY
                  12/13/2008 12:00A SANCTUARY

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
                  SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
                  Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

In honor of the new series, I made two new siggies.... I've been on a kick lately and had these photos that I just loved, so I had to add layers to them....

Spoiler:

Last edited by ~Sarah~; 14 October 2008, 01:09 PM.
                    sigpic
                    awesome siggie courtesy of jasminaGo

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
                      Still no Australia...now that is just plain stupid!

Hehe...I too loved that scene...although didn't it seem somewhat hypercritical for her to say
                      Spoiler:
                      they were trespassing when they themselves trespassed when they got the Morrigan??

Either way...great ep!!! It's only gong to get better...you all know that...right???
                      That's too bad you can't get Sanctuary in Australia. Maybe we can write to Tricon to ask if they can sell it to a station there?

Re Fata Morgana
                      Spoiler:
                      It seemed like Helen thought the crypt was abandoned according to Silvio's intel, which turned out to be 'hopeless', so at the time I don't think she knew she was trespassing on the cabal's property.

Though either way, Helen kinda seems like the type who'd be less tolerant of people trespassing on her property than being concerned about trespassing on someone else's.

sigpic

Comment

Just for information, over at IMDB, here's the latest STARmeter ratings for the SG1 cast:

Amanda Tapping up 182%

Christopher Judge no change

Michael Shanks down 5%

Richard Dean Anderson up 4%

For the Sanctuary cast:

Robin Dunne up 208%

Emilie Ullerup up 360%

Ryan Robbins up 231%

Christopher Heyerdahl up 184%

STARmeter is "the rankings of every person in IMDb. Available only on IMDbPro ... The primary measure is who and what people are looking at on the public IMDb.com website ..."

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by morjana View Post
                          Just for information, over at IMDB, here's the latest STARmeter ratings for the SG1 cast:

Amanda Tapping up 182%

Christopher Judge no change

Michael Shanks down 5%

Richard Dean Anderson up 4%

For the Sanctuary cast:

Robin Dunne up 208%

Emilie Ullerup up 360%

Ryan Robbins up 231%

Christopher Heyerdahl up 184%

STARmeter is "the rankings of every person in IMDb. Available only on IMDbPro ... The primary measure is who and what people are looking at on the public IMDb.com website ..."
                          Cool . And btw, Sanctuary itself is up 321% on the MOVIEmeter .

Comment

TV Guide Online now has a message board for Sanctuary at:

http://community.tvguide.com/forum/Sanctuary/800042192

To be honest, it's kind of a clumsy system, but I thought I should point out its availability.

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Your just saying that because you have to promote GW
                              Originally posted by aretood2
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

Heads up everyone!

According to TVaholic, tonight's episode runs 61 minutes.

Sanctuary (Sci Fi): New. A robbery of a jewelry store that ended in a fatal shooting may be the work of an “abnormal.” Runs 61 minutes. Plays again later.

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Working...
                                X