Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sanctuary Discussion (Spoilers for the most recent episode)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by parsifal View Post
    I read some press materials that stated Sanctuary will be shown in France and Germany.

Do people want episode summaries (for the first half anyway) or is it too soon?

Cool....but will they show them within the next six months? Germany is known for being slow in airing episodes.

Sure just put them in Spoilers please.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JanSam View Post
      Cool....but will they show them within the next six months? Germany is known for being slow in airing episodes.

Sure just put them in Spoilers please.
      No dates given.

Here are the short versions (there are also more detailed ones) of the summaries:

1&2:
      Spoiler:
      "Sanctuary for All"

The enigmatic Dr. Helen Magnus (AMANDA TAPPING) recruits an insightful forensic psychiatrist Will Zimmerman (ROBIN DUNNE) to join her in the quest to track, study and protect the strange, and often terrifying creatures that secretly populate our world.

3:
      Spoiler:
      "Fata Morgana"

Dr. Helen Magnus (AMANDA TAPPING), her daughter Ashley (EMILIE ULLERUP), and new to the Sanctuary, Dr. Will Zimmerman (ROBIN DUNNE) release three women from a mysterious crypt in Scotland, bringing them back to the Sanctuary for refuge. Unbeknownst to the team, and the women themselves, they have extraordinary powers. And their disappearance does not go undetected by a powerful cabal, resolute on reclaiming what it determines is theirs.

4:
      Spoiler:
      "Folding Man"

An investigation into a string of bizarre robberies leads Magnus (AMANDA TAPPING) and Will (ROBIN DUNNE) to a crime ring of thieves who seem to be able to slip between the cracks of the law…literally.

5:
      Spoiler:
      "Kush"

Returning with an abnormal captured in the Himalayas, Magnus (AMANDA TAPPING) and Will (ROBIN DUNNE) are stranded from civilization and aid after their plane goes down in a desolate mountain range. While anxiously waiting for a rescue team, the surviving passengers begin to fall victim to vicious and deadly attacks throughout the night. It becomes chillingly apparent that surviving the cold is the least of their worries and no one, not even Magnus and Will, is above suspicion.

6:
      Spoiler:
      "Nubbins"

When a mating pair of cute, furry and seemingly harmless abnormals is brought in for scientific study, the Sanctuary team begins to exhibit some hidden animal attractions for one another.

7:
      Spoiler:
      "The Five"

While leading a covert meeting in Rome, Magnus (AMANDA TAPPING) encounters Nikola Tesla (JONATHAN YOUNG), an old friend from her past who confides that the Cabal has come to exact revenge on her for the events in "Fata Morgana". But Magnus realizes that Tesla’s loyalties may not be as steadfast as in their college days when the two became part of an exclusive order called The Five – a group in which each is connected by a secret they have carried for decades.

Comment

Yup, totally not reading those. I'll wait for the preview commercials, thank you very much.

New scene from commercial:

Spoiler:
        Henry (holding a tablet pc possibly) was talking to Helen in the observation room of the, other room. I think it might be from when Will was in there with E... yeah, I forget that kid's name.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
          tune in next week during atlantis for a behind the scenes look at sanctuary
          with an amanda interview
          pauses for the programming of many vcr's
          I was gonna say...I wonder if it's what they have on the website??
          Ok for those wanting it.....
          Sanctuary Sneak Peak on SciFi Sept 19

http://www.4shared.com/file/63694439...i_Sept_19.html
          You can watch it streaming or download it......enjoy!
          *programs DVR*
          But if this is it then that would be a no!!
          Thank you so much Jan!!!
          No dates given.
          Here are the short versions (there are also more detailed ones) of the summaries:
          1&2:
          Spoiler:
          "Sanctuary for All"
          The enigmatic Dr. Helen Magnus (AMANDA TAPPING) recruits an insightful forensic psychiatrist Will Zimmerman (ROBIN DUNNE) to join her in the quest to track, study and protect the strange, and often terrifying creatures that secretly populate our world.

3:
          Spoiler:
          "Fata Morgana"
          Dr. Helen Magnus (AMANDA TAPPING), her daughter Ashley (EMILIE ULLERUP), and new to the Sanctuary, Dr. Will Zimmerman (ROBIN DUNNE) release three women from a mysterious crypt in Scotland, bringing them back to the Sanctuary for refuge. Unbeknownst to the team, and the women themselves, they have extraordinary powers. And their disappearance does not go undetected by a powerful cabal, resolute on reclaiming what it determines is theirs.

4:
          Spoiler:
          "Folding Man"
          An investigation into a string of bizarre robberies leads Magnus (AMANDA TAPPING) and Will (ROBIN DUNNE) to a crime ring of thieves who seem to be able to slip between the cracks of the law…literally.

5:
          Spoiler:
          "Kush"
          Returning with an abnormal captured in the Himalayas, Magnus (AMANDA TAPPING) and Will (ROBIN DUNNE) are stranded from civilization and aid after their plane goes down in a desolate mountain range. While anxiously waiting for a rescue team, the surviving passengers begin to fall victim to vicious and deadly attacks throughout the night. It becomes chillingly apparent that surviving the cold is the least of their worries and no one, not even Magnus and Will, is above suspicion.

Oooh oooh oooh...could this possibly be the scene where
          Spoiler:
          ...we see Helen sitting in a plane in a jacket with Druitt beside her??? Me thinks it may be!!!! Yay!!

6:
          Spoiler:
          "Nubbins"
          When a mating pair of cute, furry and seemingly harmless abnormals is brought in for scientific study, the Sanctuary team begins to exhibit some hidden animal attractions for one another.

This sounds very very interestingly good...and yummy!!
          7:
          Spoiler:
          "The Five"
          While leading a covert meeting in Rome, Magnus (AMANDA TAPPING) encounters Nikola Tesla (JONATHAN YOUNG), an old friend from her past who confides that the Cabal has come to exact revenge on her for the events in "Fata Morgana". But Magnus realizes that Tesla’s loyalties may not be as steadfast as in their college days when the two became part of an exclusive order called The Five – a group in which each is connected by a secret they have carried for decades.
          Spoiler:
          I have a theory...what if there are four other people out there with the same affliction as Helen. And each of these have their own Sanctuary.

I'm so excited abut Sanctuary...and that excitement just keeps building and building...I think I might burst at this rate!!
          "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
          Hug Your Loved Ones!!
          ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

I just saw the 'sneak peek'

Spoiler:
            pretty cool, although, for those that have seen the webbies, nothing new. it's about 60 seconds of the elevator down scene into teh 'freak show'...just freakless

now it has been reshot, cause AT has her new hair and different clothes

Apparantly they're taking the 'leave them wanting more' tact, and not revealing just what hte sanctuary truly is as part of the lure to make peopel curious enough to watch

pretty smart

Personally I didn't see one thing in that sneak peek that would make a non fan come back to find out more. Other than Amanda's looks, of course. But from a totally unbiased position, there was no tease. No action. No intrigue. Nada.
            Jenni

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post
              So, a 4-year-old Minbari's pike.

suse
              rofl
              Sort of yeah.

I've often wondered about the possibility of joining two ASPs together at their end caps...
              sigpic
              Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
              To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
              And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

No dates given.

6:
                Spoiler:
                "Nubbins"

Spoiler:
                Well that one would explain why Helen and Will looked like they were about to kiss in the teaser, assuming that scene came from this ep.
                sigpic

Comment

-

Comment

tune in next week during atlantis for a behind the scenes look at sanctuary

with an amanda interview

pauses for the programming of many vcr's
                    It looks like the same interview that was on www.scifi.com

Hopefully longer

suse
                    sigpic
                    Mourning Sanctuary.
                    Thanks for the good times!

Comment

I simply can NOT get over the music in the SciFirst. There's no way that it could be more perfect.

Comment

i gotta say

nubbins???

Spoiler:
                        it's the naked now, the naked time, hathor, and what was the SGA one???

anyway 'outside influence makes characters act libedenous' seems to be a scifi staple that each and every show must do in its first season
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

*programs DVR*
                          *Tackle hugs JanSam* Thank you so much for posting this. It looks fantastic!

Julia(samcarterrules)
                          sigpic
                          Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Originally posted by Bekah See View Post
                            I'm Baaaaaacccckkkk!!! What did you guys talk about while I was gone? I'm way too lazy to back read that far!
                            You but I guess that will have to stop now you are back.

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                            Shh! Quit talking about Bekah!

have I said "Magnus Rocks!" today?
                            Oh, I see jckfan and I are sharing the same brain again, on both counts.

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                            Thanks antoa

and lol, ann's away, but when she's sees those pics of Will...I'm sure she'll faint
                            He's awfully cute. How old is Robin?

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                            It only has to do with footwear ...so not really a spoiler
                            Hopefully this is the last footwear to spoil.

*programs DVR*
                            Thanks Jan! Makes up for stealing the scooter!

Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post
                            Spoiler:
                            Well that one would explain why Helen and Will looked like they were about to kiss in the teaser, assuming that scene came from this ep.
                            Have you seen this interview (warning: spoilers): http://www.seenit.co.uk/amanda-tappi...i-role/091972/

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

www.scifi.com/sanctuary
                              (Promo: Ready or not.)

has added a new promo. It's one they've aired before (and has some webisode content) but it's much better without people talking over it. Silly family insists on talking over commercials - if they aren't muted entirely.

They have also prepared a link to the official site. But it's not active yet.

suse
                              sigpic
                              Mourning Sanctuary.
                              Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post
                                www.scifi.com/sanctuary
                                (Promo: Ready or not.)

has added a new promo. It's one they've aired before (and has some webisode content) but it's much better without people talking over it. Silly family insists on talking over commercials - if they aren't muted entirely.

They have also prepared a link to the official site. But it's not active yet.

suse
                                Jerks.

I can't wait for that roof scene. It seems like something that would be at the end of the episode.

Comment

Working...
                                X