Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sanctuary Discussion (Spoilers for the most recent episode)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by macktheknife View Post
    So it's basically torchwood, with americans, and they switched the gender of the lead characters.
    Doesn't sound like it at all.
    scarimor

Comment

Originally posted by Myrth View Post
      You're reading too much into it probably Sal ((Sal))

I can't tell you guys how excited I am about Sanctuary. Seriously I think it is going to make some huge changes, or at least pave the first step on that road. Outside of that, the story and characters sound so freakin cool it's hard not to be absolutely excited about it.

We got word this morning that www.sanctuaryfans.com is Offical (w00t!) and we are working like nuts getting everything in place to make it a one stop shop for the Sanctuary fandom to find info and other cool stuff.

We have something really really cool in the works which will go up on the site in the next week which I can't wait to get out there for everyone. It's really really cool... lol

I'm fan-girling Sanctuary shamelessly like whoa! But as an Amanda fan I'm also hugely excited for her. From what I've seen, read and heard this is the ultimate role for Amanda Tapping and for her fans.. the ones I know anyway. Plus the new characters are sounding very very interesting too...I can't wait! It's the most exciting thing I've seen online in a decade.. and I say that completely honestly.

This is really wonderful, and the site looks really great! The more I read about the show, the more excited I get about it!!

I just checked Slice of Scifi, and this coming week for their 100th show, they are having John Smith (one of the EP's for Stargate and Sanctuary) as a guest!! He is going to talk about the production side of things for Sanctuary so far!

Comment

Originally posted by chocdoc View Post
        This is really wonderful, and the site looks really great! The more I read about the show, the more excited I get about it!!

I just checked Slice of Scifi, and this coming week for their 100th show, they are having John Smith (one of the EP's for Stargate and Sanctuary) as a guest!! He is going to talk about the production side of things for Sanctuary so far!

Very not bad. Is it May yet?

Comment

Originally posted by macktheknife View Post
          So it's basically torchwood, with americans, and they switched the gender of the lead characters.
          At this point, one could just as well say it's Highlander, with the main character's gender switched, guns instead of swords, and the 'creatures of the night' are real instead of Immortals being mistaken for and/or impersonating freaks of nature, vampires and other legends. The info we have bears out that interpretation, too. It's all just speculation at this point.

Doubtless Sanctuary will be sort of like some things in some aspects some of the time, and unlike those same things in other aspects other times, while hopefully being completely like itself all the time.

[The quiz on what Sanctuary is like when, should be delayed - probably at least until June. ]
          Nerd-o-rama: Oh, I almost forgot. Sam also had the power of Xenotechnological Deus Ex Machina for a few seasons (can use any alien technology if it suits the script's purpose.) Then they gave it to Jack for some reason.
          So that's why we've seen so little of Sam and Jack in these past two seasons. They're spending all their free time as the Xenotechnological Deus Ex Machina League fighting evil in Washington DC.

Comment

Originally posted by Myrth View Post
            Y

We got word this morning that www.sanctuaryfans.com is Offical (w00t!) .
            Congratulations! Yay! You guys totally deserve it. You've worked so hard and the site is really comprehensive. It really is a one stop shop, I've already found it very useful in tracking down information (the slice of sci fi interview). Way to go!

Hugs,
            geek

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
            ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek View Post
              Congratulations! Yay! You guys totally deserve it. You've worked so hard and the site is really comprehensive. It really is a one stop shop, I've already found it very useful in tracking down information (the slice of sci fi interview). Way to go!
              Wot she said. Kudos!
              scarimor

Comment

This board seriously needs a Sanctuary section ^_^

Comment

Originally posted by LaCroix View Post
                  Very not bad. Is it May yet?
                  I don't think the production people know the exact date yet, but I imagine if we get a specific date announcement some clever person will be doing one of those counters.

I don't know too many people who like SF, so I don't have many to promote the show to. I could tell my brother in law, but my sister would probably kill me for giving him another reason to be on the computer.
                  Maybe I'll risk it anyway, he's a good guy.
                  Last edited by jckfan55; 11 March 2007, 08:43 AM. Reason: Typo :o

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek

Originally posted by scarimor View Post
                    Wot she said. Kudos!
                    Ditto from me.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by chocdoc View Post

It sounds really good!!

From the Slice of SciFi site :
                      "We continue this week, which marks our 100th show and a little over two years of programming, with another look at the highly anticipated online release of Damian Kindler’s creation called “Sanctuary” which stars Stargate SG-1’s Amanda Tapping and is directed by Martin Wood. This series is being watched over by our guest, executive producer N. John Smith.

John will talk about all the pitfalls, fun moments and excitement of shooting this kind of high-intensity serial for the internet, especially one that garners such talent as Tapping, Kindler and Wood. “Sanctuary” will co-star “Dawson Creek” actor Robin Dunne, from “Battlestar Galactica” comes actress Emilie Ullerup and from both Stargate series, Christopher Heyerdahl."

I'll certainly be tuning in again.

Hey it's next week already!!
                      *waiting for new trailer*

-

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
                        It sounds really good!!

From the Slice of SciFi site :
                        "We continue this week, which marks our 100th show and a little over two years of programming, with another look at the highly anticipated online release of Damian Kindler’s creation called “Sanctuary” which stars Stargate SG-1’s Amanda Tapping and is directed by Martin Wood. This series is being watched over by our guest, executive producer N. John Smith.

John will talk about all the pitfalls, fun moments and excitement of shooting this kind of high-intensity serial for the internet, especially one that garners such talent as Tapping, Kindler and Wood. “Sanctuary” will co-star “Dawson Creek” actor Robin Dunne, from “Battlestar Galactica” comes actress Emilie Ullerup and from both Stargate series, Christopher Heyerdahl."

I'll certainly be tuning in again.

Hey it's next week already!!

Thanks for the heads up.
                        Squeeeee! Another interview I can't wait

Julia(samcarterrules)
                        sigpic
                        Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Hey you all...

We need your help. That includes YOU RoX.

If you get really cool news about Sanctuary like heads up for interviews and such, PLEASE go to www.sanctuaryfans.com and post it!

All you have to do is login and click on the link "SUBMIT NEWS" under the User Menu.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Thanks for the props guys but I want to re-iterate what Uber just said. Sanctuaryfans.com is there to allow fans of Sanctuary to express themselves so we'd love it if you guys came over to join in and play.

Also you know you could pick Sanctuary as a mish mash of many shows... but I think something quite original might be born or at least a brilliant mish mash.

I've heard Amanda will be using a British accent so I'm really looking forward to hearing that
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MerRu View Post
                              At this point, one could just as well say it's Highlander, with the main character's gender switched, guns instead of swords, and the 'creatures of the night' are real instead of Immortals being mistaken for and/or impersonating freaks of nature, vampires and other legends. The info we have bears out that interpretation, too. It's all just speculation at this point.

Doubtless Sanctuary will be sort of like some things in some aspects some of the time, and unlike those same things in other aspects other times, while hopefully being completely like itself all the time.

[The quiz on what Sanctuary is like when, should be delayed - probably at least until June. ]
                              SWORDS!!!

Yes I know you're joking about the idea of comparing Sanctuary to pick-any-scifi-show because of basic similarities, but I just got a mental image of Amanda Tapping as Magnus, wielding a sword.

Oooooh. That'd be freakin' cool.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Every show get a: "its a cross between this and that"
                                So Sanctuary isnt necessarly (for example) Hlighlander with a women on the lead. It just has similar aspects.

Comment

Working...
                                X