Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sanctuary Discussion (Spoilers for the most recent episode)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tsaxlady View Post
    T-shirts - okay I really would like to have a t-shirt for the summer cons - a cool black t with little logo on front and big logo on back for Comic Con.
    Definitely.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1 View Post
      Yeah, I especially liked that part as well. As one of her fans, I've always admired and respected Amanda, but it's always nice to know that so many of her peers feel the same way about her and so it was really cool to hear that she was Damian's first and possibly only choice for the role of Helen.
      I think its great, that she was his first choice. Thinking about it I cant imagine anyone else in the role. Very glad that we still get to see AT even after stargate finishes.

the transcript was great, the show and everything they're realising with it sounds excellent.

sig by starlover1990

Comment

From Kindlers' interview:But that could grow into whatever the community wants it to. We're not going to protect our product against user involvement. People are going to be able to take assets, effects, avatars, green screen moments, and do mash-ups, and they're going to be able to express themselves through the world of the show.
        This sounds interesting! Wonder what it means?

At first I was a little intimidated, since I'm no computer or media guru, but then I thought, cool, something new to learn!

Giving me landscape architect priviledges could be dangerous - I might be importing daisies, puppies, and rainbows into my Goth world hehe.

It is nice to be able to create the show answering only to the creative people behind it, and not have to dial in people who don't make TV in the trenches. That's not to say that all studio executives are evil. That's not what I'm saying. I'm simply saying the process is expedited. You're able to do it very quickly. "We're going to cast this person and there's no other approvals we need. It's done that day," and so on and so forth. So that's nice.
        YES, YES, YES!

Sanctuary: 1.7+ million served.
        Last edited by tagger; 09 March 2007, 06:56 AM.
        Words have tremendous power. The right words spoken by the right people at the right times can lift up communities, transform lives, mend relationships, break hearts—even topple empires.
        Quint Studer

Comment

Originally posted by Gate gal View Post
          You mentioning ComicCon makes me me curious. I wonder if Sanctuary will have anyone at ComicCon or Shoreleave. That would be so cool.
          Damian wrote on the show's blog that they "intend to be" at Comic-Con, but nothing is confirmed yet.

Comment

Originally posted by parsifal View Post
            Damian wrote on the show's blog that they "intend to be" at Comic-Con, but nothing is confirmed yet.
            SQUEEEE! Thank you! That is great!

Comment

Hey Everyone,

I'm just catching up on the post...
              WTG Sanctuary on 1.7 million hits that's fantastic

I listened to a slice of scifi last night, I squeeeeee(ed) at Damian's comment about Amanda being the only person he had in mind for playing Helen, Amanda has so much respect from everyone around her its fantastic.
              I think Sanctuary will hit the Net running as it already has a "fandom" and we haven't even seen it yet

Julia(samcarterrules)
              sigpic
              Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Originally posted by scifi_girl View Post
                I think its great, that she was his first choice. Thinking about it I cant imagine anyone else in the role. Very glad that we still get to see AT even after stargate finishes.

the transcript was great, the show and everything they're realising with it sounds excellent.
                I think it clearly shows their respect for her abilities. I love that she's the lead.
                I also like that viewing it won't depend on the crazy SciFi channel schedule.

Comment

so, damian's recent comments about helen's unhappiness at her long life...

ever since i read this, i'm feeling this FEAR of them killing helen off at the end of their series. like helen's death with be her salvation...

am i reading too much into this?

i'm hoping that the cure for helen's longevity is found, but that it only means that she'll live a normal-from-then-on life span.

(((helen)))

sally *insert helen smiley*
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

You're reading too much into it probably Sal ((Sal))

I can't tell you guys how excited I am about Sanctuary. Seriously I think it is going to make some huge changes, or at least pave the first step on that road. Outside of that, the story and characters sound so freakin cool it's hard not to be absolutely excited about it.

We got word this morning that www.sanctuaryfans.com is Offical (w00t!) and we are working like nuts getting everything in place to make it a one stop shop for the Sanctuary fandom to find info and other cool stuff.

We have something really really cool in the works which will go up on the site in the next week which I can't wait to get out there for everyone. It's really really cool... lol

I'm fan-girling Sanctuary shamelessly like whoa! But as an Amanda fan I'm also hugely excited for her. From what I've seen, read and heard this is the ultimate role for Amanda Tapping and for her fans.. the ones I know anyway. Plus the new characters are sounding very very interesting too...I can't wait! It's the most exciting thing I've seen online in a decade.. and I say that completely honestly.

Originally posted by majorsal View Post

ever since i read this, i'm feeling this FEAR of them killing helen off at the end of their series. like helen's death with be her salvation...

i'm hoping that the cure for helen's longevity is found, but that it only means that she'll live a normal-from-then-on life span.

(((helen)))

sigpic

Comment

"For her, finding the cure to her longevity is an ongoing issue."

"Kindler says the series will revolve around "her ongoing quest to find, help, protect, [and sometimes] stop these creatures that walk the earth"

"And it's about being sucked into this world of monsters and good and evil, and basically having everything he thought was real undermined by this woman and what she does."
                      So it's basically torchwood, with americans, and they switched the gender of the lead characters.

Advice For The New Millenium: A watched torrent never downloads.

Comment

Originally posted by macktheknife View Post
                        So it's basically torchwood, with americans, and they switched the gender of the lead characters.
                        Respectfully, I disagree. "Torchwood" is not the first show to have featured a character posessing longevity or immortality. Jack from TW is immortal, Amanda's original quote was that Helen has incredible longevity. Longevity is not immortality, and whereas Jack is able to get shot in the head and walk away, we have no idea if the same will be for Helen. I like the idea of her being able to get hurt and feel pain (slight whump fetish), and having longevity does not mean that she can't be killed. I haven't managed to read the "Slice" interview yet so I don't know if we've had any updates on Helen and "life" as such. Even though I read "cure to her longevity" here, I still don't read it as immortality. There is a subtle difference.

Torchwood's sexual theme is also completely different from what we've learned about Sanctuary so far, I highly doubt it'll be anything like TW. There are many shows and movies with immortal characters, that have or have run far longer than Torchwood. And I realise also that there is a similarity between the "monsters" connection, but TW is also not the first show to feature monsters, aliens, or creatures of darkness. I find it really difficult to believe that when first premising Sanctuary, they all threw ideas around the table and then concluded to make it the American Torchwood with a gender switch. It's not 'Who's the Boss' and it's not 'The Office'.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post

(((helen)))

Well if the show lasts a long time, I guess I wouldn't mind if she finds her salvation. But I like your idea of her getting a normal life span.
                          Of course we haven't even seen the show yet. What if we hate Helen?
                          nah, not gonna happen.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                            Of course we haven't even seen the show yet. What if we hate Helen?
                            nah, not gonna happen.
                            Nah not gonna happen we haven't met Helen yet, and I LOVE her already

Julia(samcarterrules)
                            sigpic
                            Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                              I think it clearly shows their respect for her abilities. I love that she's the lead.
                              I also like that viewing it won't depend on the crazy SciFi channel schedule.
                              OH YEAH!

That alone would encourage me watch Sanctuary!

Honestly, if I had the money, I would give it to the Sanctuary & Stargate crews just so they wouldn't have to deal with Sci-Fi any longer.

Comment

Originally posted by macktheknife View Post
                                Hmm, I've never seen Torchwood, but from what I have read most of the actors are Canadian as is the production crew, so I'm not sure how it can be a show of Americans ---unless of course you just mean North Americans in general. Also, from the information I just read about Torchwood, the show first aired in 2006 and Damian stated he's been working on this series for nearly two years now and wrote the screenplay to Sanctuary over six years ago, so I seriously doubt he stole the idea from this particular series of which you speak. I'm not arguing that there may be similiarities, but I see Sanctuary as a mixture of a many different story concepts. The production staff has already stated that the series has a Batman Returns feel to it and since I've always enjoyed shows that have a darker feel to them, I'm really looking forward to this aspect of the show. I also really like the idea of there may not being an obvious line drawn between the good guys and the bad guys. I think it makes things a bit more interesting when there are shades of gray instead of the obvious black and white or good and bad characters.
                                Last edited by ForeverSg1; 10 March 2007, 03:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X