Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sanctuary Discussion (Spoilers for the most recent episode)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
    As far as I'm aware, Sanctuary is (for the moment) unaffected by the WGA strike.
    You are correct. Since Sanctuary only involves Canadian writers (who aren't members of the WGA), they are unaffected by the strike.

Comment

That's true but not what I meant. There have been no new episodes of Sanctuary since last year but at the same time with the WGA strike there have been very few new episodes or series on television at all to watch.

If there was more Sanctuary, there'd be more for me to watch while the strike is going on, and on, and on... I know they're working on new episodes so it's not that I'm complaining about them but the general lack of new and original content to watch. At the same time I understand the WGA is looking for their fair share of the profits while the networks and studios are getting greedier and greedier.

Comment

the delay had nothing to do with the writers strike, but the simple need to get funding in place to make more.

and now that that exists, along with distribution deals, stuff should move along at a quicker pace
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I think Teelie was commenting on the dearth of things to watch due to the strike and that it was a shame that there was only the pilot of Sanctuary to watch (a mere 2 hours) because they could do with more quality stuff like Sanctuary in these times a sparse viewing during the strike.

I sure could do with more Sanctuary but I'm afraid we're going to have a bit of a wait

Another couple of questions for James -

Are you expanding your CG staff levels from when you worked on the pilot? I ask because it was taking about 2 weeks to complete each webisode and I was wondering what kind of schedule you'd have to maintain to put out an episode a week? Though you did have a lot of initial work to do creating the Sanctuary environment and now you can reuse some of it.
          Last edited by RealmOfX; 06 February 2008, 01:18 AM.
          -

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
            I think Teelie was commenting on the dearth of things to watch due to the strike and that it was a shame that there was only the pilot of Sanctuary to watch (a mere 2 hours) because they could do with more quality stuff like Sanctuary in these times a sparse viewing during the strike.
            Exactly right. With the strike going on I've run out of new episodes and shows to watch. Sanctuary was a nice addition but only two hours of programming is like seeing the first thirty minutes of a movie and then the power going out and wondering what's going to happen next. It's also an allegory for television as a whole actually.

Comment

Well, the good news (TV wise) is that Sci-Fi have picked up US broadcast rights to Dr. Who series four, and The Sarah Jane Adventures series one.
              sigpic
              Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
              To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
              And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

I came across another article on the web about Sanctuary getting picked up by SciFi Channel and whilst there was nothing new in the article I really did enjoy the comic at the top of the article.

Check it out here http://www.elroyonline.com/?p=99845768

** For some reason that link won't work as a link but you can copy and paste it in your browser and it works
                Last edited by RealmOfX; 06 February 2008, 04:14 AM. Reason: got link working
                -

Comment

I sure could do with more Sanctuary but I'm afraid we're going to have a bit of a wait

Another couple of questions for James -

Are you expanding your CG staff levels from when you worked on the pilot? I ask because it was taking about 2 weeks to complete each webisode and I was wondering what kind of schedule you'd have to maintain to put out an episode a week? Though you did have a lot of initial work to do creating the Sanctuary environment and now you can reuse some of it.
                  I would expect so, yes. Dunno precisely what the schedule is yet cuz I'm pretty sure Richard and the rest of the VFX team is still working it out. I know there's loads of stuff already made from the development but with the planned expansion into new faces and places that comes with 13 episodes, it'll be interesting times ahead in the VFX area.
                  James Graham: Stage 3 Media: www.stage3media.com
                  Support Guru/Evangelist/Audience Relations
                  http://www.sanctuaryforall.com

Comment

I came across another article on the web about Sanctuary getting picked up by SciFi Channel and whilst there was nothing new in the article I really did enjoy the comic at the top of the article.

** For some reason that link won't work as a link but you can copy and paste it in your browser and it works
                    Worked for me
                    ...and *so* true, so true ... hehehe!
                    Note: that giggle was in reference to the comic in the link, not just there for a random hehehe'ing!
                    ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
                    ames on facebook
                    ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

(
                      LOL yep awesome comic! Thanks for sharing RoX!
                      sigpic

Comment

Cool!

Thanks for sharing, RealmOfX!

Morjana

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
                        SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
                        Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Hahahahahahaha! THUD! *Falls of chair laughing*
                          sigpic
                          Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                          To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                          And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Comment

So did I actually. Damn, I want to be Damian Kindler
                              Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Link worked just fine for me.

BOOYAH BABY! That cartoon is spot on!
                                sigpic
                                I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X