Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sanctuary Discussion (Spoilers for the most recent episode)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
    Here's some suggestions for the Sanctuary people to promote Sanctuary - create your own ads and put them on the website. The fans will make sure the word spreads.

1) Create small snippets from the cast in character to give people an introduction to characters and whet the fans appetites for more.

2) Collect fan questions and then grab some cast and crew and create a setting like a panel at a convention, use a stationary camera, turn it on, you have X number of questions and Y amount of minutes and its all done in one take. So let the fun and information begin!!

Of course you may have to use some of tagger's time altering suggestions to be able to fit it in with your schedules

Any thoughts? Comments? Go away RoX and come back when the meds wear off??
    These are really good ideas, RoX! I'm digging it totally.

And I sound a bit like a surfer...

No, seriously, I think video interviews would be awesome, if they haven't had someone documenting what's going on already.

Comment

Originally posted by tagger View Post
      Oooh, sounds fun. Could be an option later if no time now.

PS how many stages of caffeine withdrawal are left?!?
      Don't know if there are actually stages to caffeine withdrawal but when you drink more than 8 cups a day like me, it takes several weeks to wean yourself off the stuff

Originally posted by Strix varia View Post
      Actually, that's a good idea. It would be nice to have some banners with code that could be cut and pasted leading back to the website. This would be useful for html challenged individuals, enabling them to put banners and links on the blogs, LJs, and websites.

A good example is the the Sam Friendly Zone web page... lots of banners to choose from, with the html code that can be cut and pasted at the top.
      http://users.skynet.be/semperarchive...y/banners.html

savejanetfraiser.com has some good examples, also, but without the html code:
      http://savejanetfraiser.com/banners.html
      What I like about them is that they have the website address on the banner itself.

Maybe that's something that the Sanctuary folks could use from fans? Fan designed advertising banners on their own webpage? They could screen them (to make sure they're not offensive) and then put them up for anyone to use...
      Banners are good! Maybe if they used a few catch phrases or tagline from the show - need Damian & Co to come up with them.

Originally posted by Jenner8675309 View Post
      So I got an email today about beta testing. I was under the assumption they had filled up quickly from the last email, but now it says thanks for signing up for the beta testing program and I'm registered. Did anyone else get this today? Am I somehow reading this two sentence email wrong or was I victim of an email malfunction?
      Yep, me three
      It wasn't really explicit last time that we were included so I'm thinking they are just confirming again and letting us know it's still going to be a few weeks away. Good way for people to stay up to date.
      -

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz View Post
        These are really good ideas, RoX! I'm digging it totally.

And I sound a bit like a surfer...

No, seriously, I think video interviews would be awesome, if they haven't had someone documenting what's going on already.
        Well I'm from the 60's so the terminology is cool with me

I always enjoy the behind the scenes stuff they did for Stargate and other shows so I'd definitely like to think they have any extra camera around sometimes shoot stuff for extras on the DVD's - Of course there will be DVD's!! this show is going places!

Though I do realise it takes time and money to do so, we can hope can't we?
        -

Comment

Well I'm from the 60's so the terminology is cool with me

I always enjoy the behind the scenes stuff they did for Stargate and other shows so I'd definitely like to think they have any extra camera around sometimes shoot stuff for extras on the DVD's - Of course there will be DVD's!! this show is going places!

Though I do realise it takes time and money to do so, we can hope can't we?
          Well, as a college student, I've gotta say that a simple shout out to university whiz kids* could get you the quick and quality video content you need for free.

Just call it an "internship," and you're good to go.

* I am not a whiz kid.

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz View Post
            Well, as a college student, I've gotta say that a simple shout out to university whiz kids* could get you the quick and quality video content you need for free.

Just call it an "internship," and you're good to go.

* I am not a whiz kid.
            Good idea! I'd volunteer but the 12,500 km commute would be a killer
            -

Comment

Here's some suggestions for the Sanctuary people to promote Sanctuary - create your own ads and put them on the website. The fans will make sure the word spreads.

1) Create small snippets from the cast in character to give people an introduction to characters and whet the fans appetites for more.

2) Collect fan questions and then grab some cast and crew and create a setting like a panel at a convention, use a stationary camera, turn it on, you have X number of questions and Y amount of minutes and its all done in one take. So let the fun and information begin!!

Of course you may have to use some of tagger's time altering suggestions to be able to fit it in with your schedules

Any thoughts? Comments? Go away RoX and come back when the meds wear off??
              great ideas RealmOfX.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz View Post
                I received this email today too.
                Yup, got that email today as well.

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz View Post
                  I received this email today too.
                  She gave me water!!!!!

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                  ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek View Post
                    She gave me water!!!!!
                    THANCTHUARYYY!!!
                    scarimor

Comment

Originally posted by Gate gal View Post
                      David Hewlett talked about his role in Sanctuary in his blog.
                      Spoiler:

Wow, I can't wait to see David play a serial killer!

Edit: Link:
                      http://www.adogsbreakfastmovie.com/i...d=14&Itemid=35

Spoiler:
                      OMG HE'S JACK THE RIPPER!

Originally posted by Jenner8675309 View Post
                      So I got an email today about beta testing. I was under the assumption they had filled up quickly from the last email, but now it says thanks for signing up for the beta testing program and I'm registered. Did anyone else get this today? Am I somehow reading this two sentence email wrong or was I victim of an email malfunction?
                      Yeh I got that mail too. But I already knew cos when I asked a question with the answer it said I was sign up.

Comment

Don't know if there are actually stages to caffeine withdrawal but when you drink more than 8 cups a day like me, it takes several weeks to wean yourself off the stuff
                        y used a few catch phrases or tagline from the show - need Damian & Co to come up with them.
                        [...]
                        Actually I read a study that said that caffeine is not addictive so there are no withdrawal sintoms. But ppl usually do feel headaches and stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
                          Yup, got that email today as well.
                          Same here. I can't wait.
                          sigpic
                          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                          "...phu...ah..."
                          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I just noticed 999 people have watched the utube sanctuary teaser. it was the first one posted after it went live on the sanctuary website,there's a few other ones listed now.
                            How cool is that?
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by me@sanctuary View Post
                              I just noticed 999 people have watched the utube sanctuary teaser. it was the first one posted after it went live on the sanctuary website,there's a few other ones listed now.
                              How cool is that?
                              Way cool!!

Are you intending to do a trailer? Something to give us a hint of what the show is like? You do realise some of us are spoiler hounds don't you
                              -

Comment

Kinda looks like a sci-fi version of Indiana Jones.

Comment

Working...
                                X