Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sanctuary Discussion (Spoilers for the most recent episode)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
    The Sanctuary site has been updated!!

There is now a Downloads section

There's some cool new icons, a wallpaper in various sizes and mp3's
    This is great. I can't wait to see what else we'll get.
    sigpic

Comment

I need 2560 x 1600 wallpaper for my 30" monitor. No one ever makes that stuff dagnabbit. Always have to do it myself.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
      ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Very nice! I can't wait to see more!

Comment

Originally posted by me@sanctuary View Post
          Make sure you check out sanctuaryforall in the next day or so there will be new stuff to download.
          Thanks for the heads up.

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1 View Post
            I'm sure this is asking a lot, but is there any chance of getting the photos used for the icons released as hi-res downloads like the ones in the press kit?!?! Especially the first one with Amanda and the cast shot?!

Pretty please with a cherry on top?

Thanks so much for everything that you have been releasing to the fans. It's immensely appreciated!!
            Great idea, Kat. That would be very cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia View Post
              Thanks for the heads up.
              No problem.
              It's my pleasure.
              This show is so COOL
              sigpic

Comment

No problem.
                It's my pleasure.
                This show is so COOL
                We think so, too.

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
                  The Sanctuary site has been updated!!

There is now a Downloads section

There's some cool new icons, a wallpaper in various sizes and mp3's
                  Squeeeee!! *runs off to look*

Julia(samcarterrules)
                  sigpic
                  Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Fan base before first webisode.

Fanfic before first story.

Cutting edge coolness already established.

I’m starting to get nervous for the Sanctuary team, like an artist working on a painting for years and waiting for the first public response.

I believe our expectations will be exceeded!

Can’t wait for May.

Hmmm, must be a way to get May here sooner…

Several options: get Earth to spin faster, change time, or change other universal constants.

Faster Earth spin, faster days, faster May.

Get all hamsters on earth to run at record hamster wheel speed and then stop at the same instant, thereby increasing Earths’ rotational speed.

Make Earth the hub of a giant rotating solar wind mill.

If I pour 10.4 billion gallons of WD40, grease, and ball bearings under the tectonic plates, will that increase or decrease the speed of Earths’ rotation?

Get even more WD40 and make time very slippery - so the universe can slide more quickly through time.

Relatively speaking, if I drive slower, my watch will tick faster. So, I promise to obey all speed limits to make May come sooner.

Increase the speed of light, thus increasing how fast we must move through time (assuming our movement through space is constant).

Failing everything else: BEG.

Words have tremendous power. The right words spoken by the right people at the right times can lift up communities, transform lives, mend relationships, break hearts—even topple empires.
                    Quint Studer

Comment

Originally posted by tagger View Post

I’m starting to get nervous for the Sanctuary team, like an artist working on a painting for years and waiting for the first public response.

Can’t wait for May.

Several options: get Earth to spin faster, change time, or change other universal constants.

Get all hamsters on earth to run at record hamster wheel speed and then stop at the same instant, thereby increasing Earths’ rotational speed.

If I pour 10.4 billion gallons of WD40, grease, and ball bearings under the tectonic plates, will that increase or decrease the speed of Earths’ rotation?

Get even more WD40 and make time very slippery - so the universe can slide more quickly through time.

Relatively speaking, if I drive slower, my watch will tick faster. So, I promise to obey all speed limits to make May come sooner.

Increase the speed of light, thus increasing how fast we must move through time (assuming our movement through space is constant).

Oh thats too funny.
                      sigpic

Comment

Actually I think the Sanctuary team would like maybe to pause time so they can get all the work done!.
                        Roll on May.
                        sigpic

Comment

Actually I think the Sanctuary team would like maybe to pause time so they can get all the work done!.
                          Roll on May.
                          Considering many of them are currently working on other projects as well, I think they are doing an amazing job getting all this done! I work, study, and I'm a single mum, so I realise how difficult it can be to find time to get everything done. Please pass on our respect and gratitude to them for working so hard? And pass on a couple of big (((HUGS))) as well.
                          sigpic
                          My LJ & Fics * Proud Member of W.A.S.P. * Pay It Forward

Comment

Roll on May.

I'll bet! I can't imagine all the work to pull it together.

But.....

Desperation is the mother of invention. (At least in my procrastination education experience. )
                            Words have tremendous power. The right words spoken by the right people at the right times can lift up communities, transform lives, mend relationships, break hearts—even topple empires.
                            Quint Studer

Comment

Originally posted by Lauriel View Post
                              Considering many of them are currently working on other projects as well, I think they are doing an amazing job getting all this done! I work, study, and I'm a single mum, so I realise how difficult it can be to find time to get everything done. Please pass on our respect and gratitude to them for working so hard? And pass on a couple of big (((HUGS))) as well.
                              What she said! Thanks for being so helpful me@sanctuary!

And Tagger, I really wish I hadn't greened you in Samanda 15 minutes ago. That was so funny! My vote is for the WD40...But I'm not above begging.

Comment

Originally posted by tagger View Post

Can’t wait for May.

I opt for begging (I can't breathe within cooee of WD40)

On the more serious side, I like how Damian & Co are exploring alternative ways to bring an entertainment item into being. Unfortunately SF is considered a niche market however said "niche market" does lend itself to being receptive to non traditional avenues of thought and entertainment.

I have a few google news alerts for Sanctuary and word is popping up in all different arenas. There is interest being generated from fans of the cast and crew, people generally interested in the SF / horror / fantasy genres, people interested in new delivery methods, people interested in computer effects and people disenchanted with the current "studio thinking". Lots of interest from diverse areas!

I have long held the view that a business that delivers a service or entertainment is heading for trouble if it is run by an accountant**. There are lots of things that must be taken into account and balanced to make those businesses successful. Unfortunately basing decisions solely on short term money principles often defeats the creative or service part of the business. That is not to say that money isn't important - it is very important. It does however need to be balanced with the other aspects of the business if you want a successful business.

I read an interesting article the other day about someone thinking that the Academy Awards were going the way of the dinosaur because of the entrenched studio thinking and I must admit I did agree with a good portion of the points. It's good to see some creative people willing to get out and try something new, something that could quite possibly encourage more creativity while still being a successful business enterprise.

Here's hoping for their success!!

** This is not a dig at accountants. It is merely a shorthand way of expressing a concept of paying attention only to short term money matters and anything that does not fit within a limited criteria of a proven formula. I have met some accountants who are excellent business people and others that are atrocious. Being a good accountant and being a good business person are not synonymous.
                                -

Comment

Working...
                                X