Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sanctuary Discussion (Spoilers for the most recent episode)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by minigeek View Post
    Oh, don't we all?

I can imagine that they'll search for a means of payment which can accommodate the widest possible viewing audience. Of course I can only imagine, since I have no idea the inner goings-on where their business plan is concerned. But I wouldn't worry until we hear more. What I might do, is mention this to Damian via his blog and perhaps then your question might get an "official" answer PDQ.
    Thank'ee kindly.
    sigpic
    Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
    To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
    And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by scifi_girl View Post
      thanks for the info. does anyone know whether we'll be able to see it in the uk straight away. sorry if it sounds like a silly question but there are some things i've tried getting hold of before off the net but i cant get them.
      It's internet based, not television, so you'll be using your computer and you should be able to see it anywhere in the world "on demand". So long as you purchase the episode(s).
      I would imagine they would want as wide an audience as possible to be able to participate/download etc.. my concern as a UK "viewer" is that, in my limited experience, services such as iTunes often seem to be available only in certain countries? (E.g. although you can buy eps of SGA on iTunes, this is only available in the US).
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
        I would imagine they would want as wide an audience as possible to be able to participate/download etc.. my concern as a UK "viewer" is that, in my limited experience, services such as iTunes often seem to be available only in certain countries? (E.g. although you can buy eps of SGA on iTunes, this is only available in the US).
        There is a way around it. I'm reliably informed that one can purchase American pre-pay iTunes cards from e-bay.
        sigpic
        Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
          I don't really subscribe to any one theory, they're just bits and pieces I've picked up over the years.
          Ah rats!! I was hoping you did so I could pick your brains a bit and save me some research, like I said it's been a long time since I did any reading on the subject.
          Last edited by RealmOfX; 19 February 2007, 02:25 AM. Reason: spelling
          -

Comment

I think the restrictions with TV shows is because of their delayed world distribution to other countries TV networks. In Sanctuary's case it is direct to the internet so there shouldn't be any restrictions (I hope).
            -

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
              Ah rats!! I was hoping you did so I could pick your brains a bit and save me some research, like I said it's been a long time snce I did any reading on the subject.
              Sorry.
              sigpic

Comment

Well, all though iTunes was specifically mentioned as an "example" in the SUN article, that doesn't necessarily mean that it'll be chosen or that the producers will opt to go that route. It's a mainstream media distribution venue, certainly, however there are other alternatives which may be (being) considered. Questions for Damian et al, to be sure.

The fact that they're hoping to appeal to the internet science fiction audience with this (initially at least), is certainly conducive to the supposition that they'll search for as globally accessible a distribution service as possible - given they already realize that the North American market is really only a small slice of the pie where science-fiction audiences are concerned. Globally, the sci-fi genre tends to perform far better overseas (from the USA), and they have to know that vis-a-vis their experience with Stargate, already. Also given the nature of the content - direct-to-internet "convergence" media, whose very nature demands border-free accessibility, I don't doubt they'll be searching for as global a distribution as possible.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Presumably, when the time comes, we'll be able to save individual eps to our hard drives for future reference?
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SG1Poz
                    or due to a less comfy chair
                    You mean - not every one has a laptop under their pillow in bed??

Comment

You mean - not every one has a laptop under their pillow in bed??
                      Actually, I keep my airsoft P-90 under mine...
                      sigpic

Comment

Actually, I keep my airsoft P-90 under mine...
                        Well. We all have our toys, I suppose.

Comment

Well. We all have our toys, I suppose.
                          Indeed.

I also used to keep an NYPD issue side-bar nightstick by my bedside. But stopped when my then 4yr old niece found it and belted me one across the back of the skull with it...
                          sigpic

Comment

Indeed.

I also used to keep an NYPD issue side-bar nightstick by my bedside. But stopped when my then 4yr old niece found it and belted me one across the back of the skull with it...
                            Ouch!

As long as the pricing is competitive And the "per view" only has to be paid once per part. Sounds like a pretty big download if we can wander off exploring Sanctuary.

This really does sound like fun.

suse
                            sigpic
                            Mourning Sanctuary.
                            Thanks for the good times!

Comment

And how long will it be after ep 1, I wonder, before the first Sanctuary fanfic appears?
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post
                                Ouch!

As long as the pricing is competitive And the "per view" only has to be paid once per part. Sounds like a pretty big download if we can wander off exploring Sanctuary.

This really does sound like fun.

suse
                                I'm curious about how they are going to do the pricing worldwide, what may be competitive in one country may not be competitive in another.

Question for people that have iTunes in their country - how much does an episode of Stargate or Battlestar Galactica cost in the US, Canada and Britain? (does anywhere else have it?)
                                -

Comment

Working...
                                X