Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sanctuary Discussion (Spoilers for the most recent episode)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan View Post
    Fantastic new email from Dan at Sanctuary.

Man those guys have GOT to be up to their eyeballs trying to get everything done in time.

They are truly making this a grassroots movement...and I am giddy as a fan of the concept to be involved in any capacity...that they're open enough to give us this kind of access to the process.

What more would you like to see from Sanctuary? I'd love as many promotional pictures as possible, teaser clips, podcasts...

What about you?
    I was amazed at that email! I thought they'd just want a bit of feedback, but the amount of stuff their asking for input on just blew me away.
    sigpic
    My LJ & Fics * Proud Member of W.A.S.P. * Pay It Forward

Comment

Fantastic new email from Dan at Sanctuary.

Man those guys have GOT to be up to their eyeballs trying to get everything done in time.

They are truly making this a grassroots movement...and I am giddy as a fan of the concept to be involved in any capacity...that they're open enough to give us this kind of access to the process.

What more would you like to see from Sanctuary? I'd love as many promotional pictures as possible, teaser clips, podcasts...

What about you?
      What we didn't get from Stargate, Bloopers!!!! A Blooper DVD I know that would sell

Comment

Originally posted by SG1Poz View Post
        What we didn't get from Stargate, Bloopers!!!! A Blooper DVD I know that would sell
        Well, fingers crossed we'll get one for Atlantis. Sounds like it's on the cards. I love blooper reels - it just makes you feel like your getting an insight into the making of the show (behind the glossy stuff) and gives you a bit of a connection to the actors. IMO, of course.
        sigpic
        My LJ & Fics * Proud Member of W.A.S.P. * Pay It Forward

Comment

Originally posted by SG1Poz View Post
          LOL!

Bloopers...behind the scenes insights...

And all kinds of fandom gear, like what he suggested with audios for remixing, etc.

Fans are truly amazing in that regard and are incredibly creative. So whatever they provide, fans will find uses for them that will blow people away.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by Lauriel View Post
            Well, fingers crossed we'll get one for Atlantis. Sounds like it's on the cards. I love blooper reels - it just makes you feel like your getting an insight into the making of the show (behind the glossy stuff) and gives you a bit of a connection to the actors. IMO, of course.
            I totally agree. Bloopers and behind the scenes stuff rule.
            sigpic
            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
            "...phu...ah..."
            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Lauriel View Post
              I use my glowing telepathy ball for that.

What? Don't knock it till you've tried it.

Ooober knows.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
              ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Dan Woodland asks in the email he sent:
                "Now it's my to ask a few questions for you - the online community:

If we posted stems (tracks) of the music are any of you interested in doing remixes?

If we posted some green screen shots are there people interested in adding backgrounds to them?

These would not necessarily be in the show but it is feasible that we could add some of the best ones as part othe behind the scenes on the website and DVD. What other ways do you think you can involve yourself in the series (we have some ideas of our own but don't want to influence your responses)? "
                So what do you guys think? I love the whole green screen thing but I dont have the program for than
                What else would you guys want to do?
                I'm happy with just the feedback after or during every webisode lol

Comment

Dan Woodland asks in the email he sent:
                  "Now it's my to ask a few questions for you - the online community:

If we posted stems (tracks) of the music are any of you interested in doing remixes?

If we posted some green screen shots are there people interested in adding backgrounds to them?

These would not necessarily be in the show but it is feasible that we could add some of the best ones as part othe behind the scenes on the website and DVD. What other ways do you think you can involve yourself in the series (we have some ideas of our own but don't want to influence your responses)? "
                  Originally posted by kes View Post
                  So what do you guys think? I love the whole green screen thing but I dont have the program for than
                  What else would you guys want to do?
                  I'm happy with just the feedback after or during every webisode lol

I'd be interested in doing these things if I had a clue how to do them. I simply don't have the skills to do as he suggests.

I can't help but wonder how they will manage to have fans involved on that kind of level because of legal complexities. At what point does a person stop being a fan and become an employee?
                  sigpic

In memory of Deejay.
                  May we all be so well loved.

Comment

Originally posted by scifithinker View Post
                    I'd be interested in doing these things if I had a clue how to do them. I simply don't have the skills to do as he suggests.

I can't help but wonder how they will manage to have fans involved on that kind of level because of legal complexities. At what point does a person stop being a fan and become an employee?
                    I'm thinking that it would only ever be a fan part of a website because of the legal implications. However they would just be giving us high quality original stuff to do fan works with like music vids or picture manips but also adding a new dimension of sound for amateur musicians.
                    -

Comment

Guess what? I found SANCTUARY fanfiction! I think it might be the very first, ever!

http://celievamp.livejournal.com/138063.html

Ta!
                      geek

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                      ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek View Post
                        Guess what? I found SANCTUARY fanfiction! I think it might be the very first, ever!

Ta!
                        geek
                        That's insane! The show hasn't even started yet and there's already fanfiction. I think a few people may be a little excited

Comment

Ta!
                          geek
                          Wow that's fast!

Does anyone know of any Sanctuary themed LJ's or MySpace's yet? Or LJ's/MySpace's that comment or are keeping up with the show?

Please PM them to me if you could.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Ta!
                            geek
                            What the...?

psychic fic writers?

Comment

Wow that's fast!

Does anyone know of any Sanctuary themed LJ's or MySpace's yet? Or LJ's/MySpace's that comment or are keeping up with the show?

Hum - I have not seen an MySpace sites devoted to Sanctuary but I have seen links to both the Sanctuaryforall web site and the blog on folks MySpace sites
                              My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Wow that's fast!

Actually I have a Google news alert set up for "Amanda Tapping Sanctuary" and it has been turning out new references everyday for news, blogs, websites etc but I haven't noted them down.

Word is spreading though.

If you do a blog search http://blogsearch.google.com/ you'll find over 80 entries.

Strangely my email alerts for "Amanda Tapping Sanctuary" and "Amanda Tapping" actually pick up different things!! I would have thought the first search results would be a subset of the second, but apparently it's not.
                                -

Comment

Working...
                                X