Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sanctuary Discussion (Spoilers for the most recent episode)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"discontinuous episodes"

Is this dude watching what we are watching?
    -

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
      *nice scene at the beginning with helen and her dad. (where have i seen that man before?)
      sally
      Helen's father was played by Jim Byrnes, a Canadian actor and musician, who has worked a lot in the Sci-Fi genre and other Vancouver-based shows. He is best known for his role as Joe Dawson on Highlander. I think he was also in the same episode of the Outer Limits that Amanda was in. That's probably where you saw him if you haven't seen Highlander. I have been a fan of his for years.

About wep 5:

I thoroughly enjoyed it and can hardly wait for the next installment. It seemed to be much more tightly-crafted in that it had both a lot of action and drama and it just seemed to be paced better than the previous weps. After seeing this wep, I have a feeling I am going to get hooked on this series. My only quibble is the CGI in certain parts that some of you have already mentioned (motorcycle, Steve at first). But I am hopeful that it will improve over time.

Comment

The 5th episode did seem to be paced kind of more conventionally.

The CG is bad, sometimes the chromakey really shows bad, but I can live with it.
        Sign the Petition to get the SG-1 Complete Series Bonus Discs released separately!
        http://www.petitiononline.com/SG1CSBD/petition.html

Comment

Originally posted by Beckmen View Post
          The CG is bad, sometimes the chromakey really shows bad, but I can live with it.
          I wouldn't say that the virtual backgrounds are "bad", but in ep 5, I did notice one or two instances of the CG background moving ever so lsightly out of sinc with the real items foreground.
          sigpic
          Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
          To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
          And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

cbf prices still lame. It's not really convincing me to buy them... Maybe I'll just get them elsewhere and purchase later when the Australian prices fall into line.

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
              I wouldn't say that the virtual backgrounds are "bad", but in ep 5, I did notice one or two instances of the CG background moving ever so lsightly out of sinc with the real items foreground.
              It's not that the backgrounds are BAD...many of them are rendered beautifully, and it actually looks like they are in a real place. It's more a lighting problem. Sometimes the lighting doesn't quiet match, or you get this halo effect around an actor with no visible source of backlight in the scene and it looks fake. Also, when they shine a flashlight into the camera, (and I think they've done this twice now) it flare out the actor, but not the background like it should, and looks REALLY fake. Digital Backlot is a kind of new thing (video games like Wing Commander III did it like 15 years ago, but those were kind of rare), and I am sure the crew is getting accustomed still to the specific needs of the filming style.
              Sign the Petition to get the SG-1 Complete Series Bonus Discs released separately!

Comment

Agreed, some of the digital backgrounds are just gorgeous. But as I said in my previousa post, there have been a couple of cases of the background and foreground being slightly out of sinc with each other.

Particularly with a moving camera shot.

It's a minor niggle, I know, but it's kind of jarring.
                sigpic
                Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by morjana View Post
                  SG1/SGA/Sanctuary - Peter, in Search of Pan: Sanctuary Comments:

From the blog Peter, in Search of Pan:

http://theamazingjourney.blogspot.co...ch?q=sanctuary

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Saturday, June 30, 2007

Sanctuary, Webisode 4

Laughable, though certainly not by intent. Ms. Tapping's accent has not improved.
                  See, I have no problem with the accent.

Midway through this episode a holographic testimony from a previous aide? assistant? gives some admonition, some encouragement. Hokey and appalling.
                  I thought it was overdone & overlong.

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Sanctuary, 2007, Webisode 3
                  She seems rather devoted to this effort and has obviously committed significant resources toward her wig collection.
                  I have more difficulty getting used to the hair than the accent. It does seem pretty wiglike to me. Hopefully in future episodes we'll get better hair.

But I'm really enjoying the show.

Comment

It is a wig...how else is it supposed to look like? I don't see Amanda permanently dying her hair dark brown with a red/pink stripe.

I'm enjoying it for what it is, a show in it's first season...it's bound to not be as good as a show in it's 3rd season. Now, if it continues like it is now when it's in it's 3rd season, then I might start nitpicking stuff. But don't let me stop the rest of you.
                    sigpic
                    I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux View Post
                      It is a wig...how else is it supposed to look like? I don't see Amanda permanently dying her hair dark brown with a red/pink stripe.

I'm enjoying it for what it is, a show in it's first season...it's bound to not be as good as a show in it's 3rd season. Now, if it continues like it is now when it's in it's 3rd season, then I might start nitpicking stuff. But don't let me stop the rest of you.
                      I agree, I think Sanctuary is great so far...I'm not at all as tech or graphic savy as some others so I don't always spot when something doesn't look quite right, I have noticed just one or two wee things but I think that has to be expected with such a new concept both in the way its shot and in its delivery and although it can be a bit frustrating for us at times, it must be even more frustrating for the Sanctuary Team as they have their money, careers and reputation riding on its success! So I'm willing to ride out a few "bumps in the road" to help make Sanctuary the success it deserves to be, but only "we" can bring that success!!

OK speech is over, feel free to completely ignore me hehe

Julia(samcarterrules)
                      sigpic
                      Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

The accent doesn't really bother me, much. It sounds a little forced, but not overly so. Then again, I am from Upstate New York in the USA, so I am no expert. For somebody who is actually from the region that she is emulating the accent of, it might be really bad.

Comment

FCOL! She's not trying to emulate a British accent. This has been said several times.

Helen is 157 years old and had lived all over the world so it's natural that her accent will be muddied.

*sigh*

Sorry. I'm a bit crabby this week.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                            See, I have no problem with the accent.
                            i've had no probs with her accent either. 157 years old and traveling/living around the world, of course her accent would be diffused. (brilliant idea on amanda's part )

and at first, i didn't like helen talking so proper english, but shortly afterwards, i ended up *loving* it. ashley and will make fun of her, but she doesn't even bat an eye.

sally
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

I never got the accent nitpick personally. It's like, you have all of these elements to a series: the characters, the acting, the dynamics, the story, the CGI and FX... And you choose accents to complain about? Meh.

Sometimes I wonder if it's not a superiority issue. Like some people feel culturally validated by being able to pinpoint when an actor isn't speaking their native tongue, so to speak. I know actors are supposed to be perfectly believable and all, but accents are normally the last thing I worry about, unless it's inconsistent - like the actor who plays the husband in Medium. That is one exception that I can't ignore.

Comment

Originally posted by antoa315 View Post
                                FCOL! She's not trying to emulate a British accent. This has been said several times.

Helen is 157 years old and had lived all over the world so it's natural that her accent will be muddied.

*sigh*

Sorry. I'm a bit crabby this week.
                                *hugs*

Amanda, it will all be okay, just breath in slowly...and if that doesn't help throwing pillows to people will surely help

but I agree, it isn't an British accent, it is something in between...and I think it is great, cause it shows where she has been and all...

Comment

Working...
                                X