Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sanctuary Discussion (Spoilers for the most recent episode)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How would you guys rate the show out of 5-stars?

Personally, for an online-show, I'd give it ***** (5-Stars) in production quality and cast, and **** (4-stars) for storyline. So around ****3/4 for an online-show total.

And for a SciFi show (counting mainstream TV stuff) I'd probably give it around **3/4 overall (can't compare it with SG-1 or X-Files).

Against all other TV shows (remember shows like "Seinfeld" and "CSI" are in the mix now), I'd give it around **1/4.
    sigpic
    "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
    ~David Hewlett

Comment

Originally posted by Ripple in Space View Post
      How would you guys rate the show out of 5-stars?

Personally, for an online-show, I'd give it ***** (5-Stars) in production quality and cast, and **** (4-stars) for storyline. So around ****3/4 for an online-show total.

And for a SciFi show (counting mainstream TV stuff) I'd probably give it around **3/4 overall (can't compare it with SG-1 or X-Files).

Against all other TV shows (remember shows like "Seinfeld" and "CSI" are in the mix now), I'd give it around **1/4.
      Personally I think it's rather hard to compare the series against shows on Sci-fi or other networks at this point in time, simply because we have only seen four 15-min webisodes which are equivalent to one full episode of any other show. Very few shows earn that much praise after just one episode. The first hour is generally used to generate interest and hopefully draw viewers in, but the really juicy stuff doesn't normally happen until later. Even the first hour of COTG spent a good deal of time just explaining who everyone was and how they existed within the Stargate Universe. The really exciting storylines didn't occur until the second hour of the pilot and following episodes.

And while I've really enjoyed watching the first four webisodes of Sanctuary, I really think the second hour will be much better and perhaps by then I'll feel more comfortable giving it a rating.

Comment

I still can't view or download my bundle. I've e-mailed the technical people and Dan, but I have received no response. I'm getting very annoyed.

I don't want to be a pest, but I'd like some help on my problem. It's a Java issue, but I reloaded Java and I shouldn't be having one. In any case, it's rude to ignore your fans, and a paid customer, when they go through proper channels.
        Last edited by Hatusu; 15 July 2007, 03:23 PM.
        Hatshepsut, Queen Pharaoh

Comment

Originally posted by Hatusu View Post

I still can't view or download my bundle. I've e-mailed the technical people and Dan, but I have received no response. I'm getting very annoyed. If anyone visits the site, I'm very close to telephoning an executive producer. I have the number.

I don't want to be annoying, but I'd like some help on my problem. It's a Java issue, but I reloaded Java and I shouldn't be having one. In any case, it's rude to ignore your fans, and a paid customer, when they go through proper channels.
          Did you use the fill in thing they have on the website or did you really mail them?? Cause I have noticed recently that they don't check their mails they get from seperate e-mail addy's but only the ones they get from the site...

Cause I mailed them about the fact I still haven't gotten my hoody, they asked me with what e-mail addy I ordered it all, I replied it with my own e-mail and after 4 days still no answer, while with the fill in suport thing from the site itself I had a reply after a day...

I must say I am fed up with this too, cause now I need to reply on them with the fill in thing, while they mailed me...

I think their support can be better

Comment

Originally posted by RepliCartertje View Post
            Did you use the fill in thing they have on the website or did you really mail them?? Cause I have noticed recently that they don't check their mails they get from seperate e-mail addy's but only the ones they get from the site...

Cause I mailed them about the fact I still haven't gotten my hoody, they asked me with what e-mail addy I ordered it all, I replied it with my own e-mail and after 4 days still no answer, while with the fill in suport thing from the site itself I had a reply after a day...

I must say I am fed up with this too, cause now I need to reply on them with the fill in thing, while they mailed me...

I think their support can be better
            I filled in the support link and e-mailed them at the address listed. After no response. I e-mailed Dan, too. This has been going on for more than a month. As of now, I won't be buying any more episodes. What I bought so far is in my library but inaccessible to me.

I do have their address in Canada. Do I have to spring for the international postage, too? Arggggh!

Comment

Originally posted by Hatusu View Post
              I filled in the support link and e-mailed them at the address listed. After no response. I e-mailed Dan, too. This has been going on for more than a month. As of now, I won't be buying any more episodes. What I bought so far is in my library but inaccessible to me.

I do have their address in Canada. Do I have to spring for the international postage, too? Arggggh!
              They have been busy with the move to the new offices in the past month, so you might have better luck with an email now.

Comment

I still can't get the scroll bar to move to see if my bundle is there. I've tried relogging in about 5 times between yesterday and today to see if that would help. I did a problems email on their form last night, but no response yet.
                On a positive note, I did get my t-shirt within 2 weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                  I still can't get the scroll bar to move to see if my bundle is there. I've tried relogging in about 5 times between yesterday and today to see if that would help. I did a problems email on their form last night, but no response yet.
                  Don't expect an e-mail back soon. I Know when I filled it in, I had to wait 5 days before I got an e-mail back from them And now still nothing...

And you got your T-shirt already...lucky you!!! 6 weeks and still waiting for my hoody. and I have the feeling I will not get it anymore Cause it seems like thy have no idea where it is...or stuff like that. But I sure have payed for it, i have the confermation e-mail of paypal so...

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                    Originally posted by RepliCartertje View Post
                    Don't expect an e-mail back soon. I Know when I filled it in, I had to wait 5 days before I got an e-mail back from them And now still nothing...
                    Yeah I never got an email back on my last question--luckily it was resolved by help either from this forum or the Sanctuary one. Same thing now. I just saw someone else having the same scroll bar problem and apparently they've switched it so you put your mouse on the *black* part (which I swear used to be the "blank" space.) But they are there.

And you got your T-shirt already...lucky you!!! 6 weeks and still waiting for my hoody. and I have the feeling I will not get it anymore Cause it seems like thy have no idea where it is...or stuff like that. But I sure have payed for it, i have the confermation e-mail of paypal so...
                    Maybe the US Postal Service is more efficient than we give it credit for.
                    The T-shirt was a size bigger than I thought I had ordered, but I didn't want to go through the hassle of sending it back. Besides, I like 'em roomy & figure a few times in the dryer will help.

Comment

*runs in*

Speculatory spoilerage.

Spoiler:
                      Distributes generous quantities of garlic, silver bullets, and crosses to everyone.

Webisode V Creepy Critter Insurance.

*runs out*

BTW: It took 6 or 8 weeks for my merchandise to get to me at a US address, but it was worth it when it did!
                      Last edited by tagger; 15 July 2007, 03:07 PM.
                      Words have tremendous power. The right words spoken by the right people at the right times can lift up communities, transform lives, mend relationships, break hearts—even topple empires.
                      Quint Studer

Comment

Originally posted by antoa315 View Post
                        They have been busy with the move to the new offices in the past month, so you might have better luck with an email now.
                        'All the high tech equipment blew out the fuses in Gastown?

Moving their offices might explain part of the problem. I just had a pm, so I'll see how that plays out.

Comment

I'm such a dork, I've purchased wep 4 twice. So now I can't afford to get wep 5 (yet). I accidentally did that with three as well. I think I need to stay away from there.
                          sigpic
                          I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux View Post
                            I'm such a dork, I've purchased wep 4 twice. So now I can't afford to get wep 5 (yet). I accidentally did that with three as well. I think I need to stay away from there.
                            I purchased the first bundle several times for beta testing back in May and I can't afford bundle 2 until they pay me back. Sigh.
                            Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux View Post
                              Click on the Support link and report it, they should be able to manually change it for you. You might also suggest that they add a warning if you already have purchased something previously.
                              -

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
                                Click on the Support link and report it, they should be able to manually change it for you. You might also suggest that they add a warning if you already have purchased something previously.
                                Good idea. Is wep5 going to be available w/out purchase? I can't remember.
                                sigpic
                                I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X