Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sanctuary Discussion (Spoilers for the most recent episode)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
    Price Check in the non US aisle!!

OK I've bought my SD bundle BUT what are the other non US people paying? It comes up with US$6.99 on the Sanctuary site but when I go to pay in PayPal it is still AUD$12.99 not AUD$8.05 (or there abouts) if converted.
    Dudes straighten out your pricing policy real quick!!
    I just bought my bundle for webs 5 - 8 and paid $16.25 for the HD versions...I'm happy about that...I don't watch much on the telly so I think this ok for me. I'm all excited now...I can't wait to get home from the dentist and recuperate with webisode 5!!...no work for me on Monday...yay!!! I think the prices are different because of the value of the dollar right?? So it might say $X for US but it would be different elsewhere because of the exchange rate...yes?? I don't have a currency converter handy so I wouldn't know the exchange rate. Is there a fee maybe for the transferring of the funds??
    Originally posted by ForeverSg1 View Post
    Yep, like others have mentioned there is no Web 6 and the air dates are incorrect.

Wep 5 shows an airdate of July 16th
    No Web 6 - airdate s/b July 30th
    Web 7 shows July 31st s/b August 13th
    Web 8 shows July 31st s/b August 27th

that is if they stick to an episode every two weeks, which they may not.
    I was wondering if it was just a typo for web 6...coz I have 2 web 5's...didn't pay attention to the air dates though...so...eh...as long as I get them I'll be a happy little camper!!
    "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
    Hug Your Loved Ones!!
    ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by chelle db View Post
      I just bought my bundle for webs 5 - 8 and paid $16.25 for the HD versions...I'm happy about that...I don't watch much on the telly so I think this ok for me. I'm all excited now...I can't wait to get home from the dentist and recuperate with webisode 5!!...no work for me on Monday...yay!!! I think the prices are different because of the value of the dollar right?? So it might say $X for US but it would be different elsewhere because of the exchange rate...yes?? I don't have a currency converter handy so I wouldn't know the exchange rate. Is there a fee maybe for the transferring of the funds??

I was wondering if it was just a typo for web 6...coz I have 2 web 5's...didn't pay attention to the air dates though...so...eh...as long as I get them I'll be a happy little camper!!
      If it was a straight conversion then for the SD bundle it should have been around $8.05 but we're being charged $12.99 they're basically charging us an extra 61% because we're in Australia. The poor Poms get hit with almost double I think.

The Yanks not only get the lowest prices but they get the biggest discounts too. On the SD bundle they save 12.1% whilst we get a lousy 4.2%. The outdated discriminatory pricing policy is the only beef I have with Sanctuary, other than that I'm totally happy so far.

Bah! Enough about that. I CAN'T WAIT TILL MONDAY!!!
      I loved the Webisode 5 trailer
      -

Comment

Where in the blue blazes do the guys at Santuaryforall.com get their pricing scale from?

I paid for the HD bundle of eps 5-8, and a baseball cap - which cost $8.75 USD and $12 USD respectively. That's a total of $20.75 USD.

At current exchange rates, that comes out to £10.19 GBP.

And yet according to PayPal I'm being charged £21.15 GBP.

I'm just thankful that I had enough money in my PayPal account...

What in the name of the sweet chocolate Christ is going on?
        sigpic
        Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
        To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
        And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

I was charged £8.15 for the HD bundle which shows as $8.75 in the store.
          sigpic

Comment

Yep, like others have mentioned there is no Web 6 and the air dates are incorrect.

Wep 5 shows an airdate of July 16th
            No Web 6 - airdate s/b July 30th
            Web 7 shows July 31st s/b August 13th
            Web 8 shows July 31st s/b August 27th

that is if they stick to an episode every two weeks, which they may not.
            I'm missing something here. What does s/b mean and why are there two dates with each webisode?
            sigpic

In memory of Deejay.
            May we all be so well loved.

Comment

Originally posted by scifithinker View Post
              I'm missing something here. What does s/b mean and why are there two dates with each webisode?
              s/b = 'should be'

She was listing what was stated in her library verses what the actual air dates should be if they continue to air every 2 weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by antoa315 View Post
                s/b = 'should be'

She was listing what was stated in her library verses what the actual air dates should be if they continue to air every 2 weeks.
                precisely!

Comment

Originally posted by antoa315 View Post
                  s/b = 'should be'

precisely!
                  Thanks for the clarification.
                  sigpic

In memory of Deejay.

Comment

SG1/SGA/Santuary - Webisode 5:

From Sanctuary Fans:

http://sanctuaryfans.com/site/

Webisode 5 Preview

Written by Administrator

The preview for the much anticipated fifth Webisode of Sanctuary has been made available today. Boasting some new creatures, and new characters the preview is enough to whet the appetite! Webisode 5 will be available July 16th.

Click here to go to the preview page.

http://sanctuaryfans.com/site/index....314&Itemid=122

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
                    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
                    Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

I just bought the HD bundle Weps 5 - 8 *bounces* I can't wait till Monday

Julia(samcarterrules)
                      sigpic
                      Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

I bought the bundle and got a purchase confirmation from "Team Sanctuary" but nothing but old episodes are listed in my library. Am I missing finding a scroll bar or something?

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                          I bought the bundle and got a purchase confirmation from "Team Sanctuary" but nothing but old episodes are listed in my library. Am I missing finding a scroll bar or something?
                          The scroll bar is on the right hand side. It's a dark brown slide on a lighter slide path. It kinda merges in with the background
                          -

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
                            The scroll bar is on the right hand side. It's a dark brown slide on a lighter slide path. It kinda merges in with the background
                            Hmm, I'll check again. I thought I found a scroll bar, but it didn't seem to move... Maybe the sanctuary shakes were interfering w/ my mouse dexterity

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                              Hmm, I'll check again. I thought I found a scroll bar, but it didn't seem to move... Maybe the sanctuary shakes were interfering w/ my mouse dexterity
                              Not only is the scroll bar difficult to see, it sometimes doesn't work.

I don't know about you guys, but the coloring of the site and the small type makes it difficult to see. The problem is not with my eyes. I may not be sixteen any more, but I don't have reading glases either.
                              sigpic

In memory of Deejay.

Comment

i don't even go to the site for that reason. between the heavy graphics, flash animation and the like ti's too user unfriendly. same thing with the forum. I've even tried to navigate the forum when i've been at hotels on high speed and it still takes forever. so i don't even try anymore.

anyway, i'll just need to visit every, what? 2 months to buy bundles???

only those on high speed, with good eyes and a high powered computer need try

however, i did buy my bundle so my friend should be able to download it for me with no problem...fingers crossed
                                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X