Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sanctuary Discussion (Spoilers for the most recent episode)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by becky_preen View Post
    I have a silly question.

Since Sanctuary is available to everyone throughout the world at the same time, do we need to keep putting things from available episodes in spoiler tags? It makes the forum incredibly difficult to read and pretty much everthing of substance lately is being hidden by spoiler tags.

I can understand putting preview information in spoiler tags but if it's discussion of the episodes available or even speculation about them, do we really need spoiler tags?

Just thinking out loud, fell free to disagree. It's just the spoiler tags are driving me completely insane.

becks
    Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
    i dunno. we'll need to discuss it.

from my pov, it's sometimes days to weeks before soemone can download it for me

however, i also know that i can't participate and i don't want to be spoiled, so i just don't come into the thread

how about a concensus folks...so we want to label this a spoiler rich thread and ignore the tags for anything but speculation?
    Good question becky. I guess I'd be ok with no spoiler tags except regarding previews (which are kind of big spoilers by nature).

I've sort of waited to come into the thread after a new episode until after I've seen-- it just in case--anyway.

Comment

This is a bit of a thorny subject... Ok, can we just say that, for the sake of argument, we all DL each webisode as it comes on-line?

What about those of us - myself included - who just didn't get the time to themselves to watch the thing until a coupl of days later?

I'd say use spoilers if you're discussing a major plot pont.
      sigpic
      Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
      To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
      And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
        This is a bit of a thorny subject... Ok, can we just say that, for the sake of argument, we all DL each webisode as it comes on-line?

What about those of us - myself included - who just didn't get the time to themselves to watch the thing until a coupl of days later?

I'd say use spoilers if you're discussing a major plot pont.
        I guess I'm of the opposite opinion in that, if you haven't had time to watch the episode, then why bother coming to the Sanctuary discussion thread? Especially a day or so after a new episodes been aired. I guess it just seems a bit odd to me that you'd have to put spoiler tags in any discussion thread if the episodes are available for everyone to download at the same time.

Personally, if someone was interested in discussing a new and upcoming episode that hasn't been aired yet, then I could understand them being upset if spoiler tags weren't used; however, if the wep has already been aired, it should be common knowledge that the hot topic of the day will most definitely be the new webisode. Therefore it seems to me that they should be the one to make the decision whether they wish read further or not.

Sorry but I've always had issues about this sort of thing, especially going into a thread that specifically states that spoilers will be discussed and then having people jump on me because I didn't put something behind spoiler tags.
        Last edited by ForeverSg1; 03 July 2007, 07:14 AM.

Comment

we can make a poll if folks like?

see what the concensus is

If we markthis thread 'spoilers for the most recent episode' and require spoilers for speculation for the previews, would that be a possible solution?
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I usually watch the Weps as each one becomes live so I do read the spoilers but if someone is getting someone else to DL it for them they might have to wait a few days, or many other reasons why people might not see it as soon as it goes live. I think spoilers are still the best way to go about things as its only a click of a button and this way folks have a choice to read it or not and are not shying away from the forum b/c they don't want to be spoiled... Just MHO though, I'll go with the flow

Julia(samcarterrules)
            sigpic
            Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

And I'm just upset because we have no new episode to discuss this week.
              The tremors will be full blown SanctuaryShakes in no time.

Doctor Magnus give me the news
              I've got a bad case of missing you...

(oh no, now she's singing old '80s tunes! Save yourselves!)

Comment

Personally, I don't mind reading spoilers. What with my bad memory, chances are I'll have forgotten half of them by the time I get around to watching the wep.

But different people will notice different things about them. Me complaining about the two cops in wep one for example. Or Helen pulling a gun "from nowhere" in wep four.
                sigpic
                Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                  And I'm just upset because we have no new episode to discuss this week.
                  The tremors will be full blown SanctuaryShakes in no time.

Doctor Magnus give me the news
                  I've got a bad case of missing you...

(oh no, now she's singing old '80s tunes! Save yourselves!)
                  *wipes jckfan's brow with a damp cloth*

(((((((((sanctinarians(sp?)))))))))))))

Julia(samcarterrules)
                  sigpic

Comment

we can make a poll if folks like?

see what the concensus is

If we markthis thread 'spoilers for the most recent episode' and require spoilers for speculation for the previews, would that be a possible solution?
                    That gets my vote.

When I haven't seen an ep as early as some, I avoid the thread.
                    scarimor

Comment

how does that sound for a spoiler policy???

I'll put 'spoilers for most recent eps' in the title

then we discuss the episode without tags, but we speculate within tags for those that don't see the previews and those that haven't seen it yet either come into the thread knowing that they may get spoiled, or they avoid the thread?
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

then we discuss the episode without tags, but we speculate within tags for those that don't see the previews and those that haven't seen it yet either come into the thread knowing that they may get spoiled, or they avoid the thread?
                        Sounds fair enough to me.
                        sigpic

Comment

Sounds fair to me too Sky.
                          -

Comment

Sound fair to me too

Julia(samcarterrules)
                            sigpic

Comment

Going back to the discussion of Ashley and special powers, Amanda covers the subject in an interview with Gilles over at ScifiWorld

"Gilles Nuytens: So with both parents having some kind of special ability, do we know if Ashley will get some kind of special ability too?

Amanda Tapping: You will have to stay tuned and find out. I think what is interesting is we're writing a lot of it as we go and Damian is so creative and is coming up with some great ideas but he's also letting us put in our thoughts on it too. I don't think anything has been decided about Ashley 's fate but I think that if Helen has anything to do with it then definitely Ashley will be given that same gift if it is something that can be transferred and at this stage, we don't know. It is all in Damian's head, we'll just have to wait and see."
                              -

Comment

Sounds fair enough to me. At least with the "spoilers for most recent weps" as part of the title no one can claim they weren't warned about spoilers abounding in here.
                                sigpic
                                I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X