Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sanctuary Discussion (Spoilers for the most recent episode)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's very strange to be happy when *Monday* comes.
    I bought the individual episodes for these first ones b/c I wasn't sure it would live up to the previews. So I bought the first one, just to see. I'm buying the next bundle though.

Comment

so i finally got to see webby 3

and the pieces are coming together quite nicely. we're finding out who the players are and their quirks and foibles

i think my biggest beefs

Spoiler:
      ashley...yeah, she's funny snarky. but too much can be too much. i hope they give a reason for why she's so mouthy adn cut down on the quips.

unless they're really trying to play her as a scared to death girl who constantlyhides behind bravado.

druitt's explanation...ok, so each time he phases he gets more and more drain bramaged. so how come, after 100 years of phasing, he's still remotely sane and not a drooling hulk? or maybe they'll explain that

i think my only other 'beef' is that, as fantastic as most of the cgi looked, the driving car part looked really bad compared to the rest. not horrible, not nasty, just not as clear and 'real' as the rest

i'm looking forward to next week and hoping that my source - teh guy who's downloading it for me - doesn't forget that he needs to get it.
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
        so i finally got to see webby 3

and the pieces are coming together quite nicely. we're finding out who the players are and their quirks and foibles

i think my biggest beefs

Spoiler:
        ashley...yeah, she's funny snarky. but too much can be too much. i hope they give a reason for why she's so mouthy adn cut down on the quips.

unless they're really trying to play her as a scared to death girl who constantlyhides behind bravado.

druitt's explanation...ok, so each time he phases he gets more and more drain bramaged. so how come, after 100 years of phasing, he's still remotely sane and not a drooling hulk? or maybe they'll explain that

i think my only other 'beef' is that, as fantastic as most of the cgi looked, the driving car part looked really bad compared to the rest. not horrible, not nasty, just not as clear and 'real' as the rest

i'm looking forward to next week and hoping that my source - teh guy who's downloading it for me - doesn't forget that he needs to get it.
        Cool! You finally got to see it

Re your beefs :

Spoiler:
        1. Ashley- Yes, I agree too much will be overboard. I'm waiting to see where they go with it.
        2. Druitt's warping - because he can fold space and time he may not have been doing it for 100 years. Remember he could have gotten to today in jumps of time therefore it hasn't been 100 years for him, I suppose it depends on how many jumps he's made and how much damage is done each jump.
        3. "gamey" cgi - yeah, I have difficulty with these visual aspects like the car and the mermaid. I'm thinking they should either cut out those bits or people need to get used to particular things as being Sanctuary's style (I'm working on getting myself into this frame of mind).

-

Comment

Agreed about ol' Ash.

Spoiler:
          I liked the amount of snark in webisode 2, and in the beginning of webisode 3. But in the scene between Ashley and Druitt, there were just a few too many Buffy-esque cheesy one liners that I hope they cut down on.

I absolutely loved PdL's character though.

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz View Post
            I absolutely loved PdL's character though.
            Oh yeah, no question. PdL's a hoot no matter he does.
            sigpic
            Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
            To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
            And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

yeah, PDL was good.

but yeah, i had no issue with the
              Spoiler:

motherly snark...although my mom woulda knocked me into next week for talking to her that way, but her and druitt??? overkill for my tastes. so i hope that tones down

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                yeah, PDL was good.

but yeah, i had no issue with the
                Spoiler:

motherly snark...although my mom woulda knocked me into next week for talking to her that way, but her and druitt??? overkill for my tastes. so i hope that tones down
                Kind of makes you wonder - what was Ashley like when she was a kid?

Now, there's an idea...
                sigpic
                Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz View Post
                  Agreed about ol' Ash.

Spoiler:
                  I liked the amount of snark in webisode 2, and in the beginning of webisode 3. But in the scene between Ashley and Druitt, there were just a few too many Buffy-esque cheesy one liners that I hope they cut down on.
                  Yes, I had that thought too. Particularly during
                  Spoiler:
                  the fight scene. I did like the line about kidnapping her upsetting her mom more than serving the wrong wine with fish, though. Because it told us something about Helen, rather than just being a one liner.

Comment

yeah, that line worked. and it showed a difference between mother and daughter

Spoiler:
                    helen is the product of another time when one DID obsess over stuff like serving the right wine. and took the time to do little - what we'd call - nitpicky things

whereas ashley seems to be more of a 'let's just get it done' attitude

the quips were ok, just a bit too many of them. im sure there is more to ash than wise cracks. unless, of course, it's a character trait where she's actually terrified of what she does for a living and hides that terror behind a bravado facade

sigpic

Comment

Re: Helen and Ashley's relationship

Spoiler:
                      I like how they added the scene where Ashley kisses her mother's cheek in the infirmary. It gave the snarkfest some balance. Ashley strikes me more as a teen than a woman in her twenties with her rebellious attitude. Helen seems able to accept Ashley as she is which doesn't seem at all like a Victorian attitude.
                      sigpic

In memory of Deejay.
                      May we all be so well loved.

Comment

in a way i love the juxtaposition. helen's properness, ashley's 'yeah whatever'

i think one balancesout the other

Spoiler:
                        and i think also, after 157 years, helen has probably learned to stop trying to make the world fit what she wants/needs it to be. way too stressful

sigpic

Comment

OK, back to technical difficulties. I bought the HD bundle. Episodes I through III are in my library, but I can't download or view them. It says Java void (0). I did get the latest Java and I did restart my computer.

I want to download them and copy them to a DVD. Does anyone have an idea how I can fix this? If we get it to work, should I click on Quicktime or Windows Media player? How much can you get on one DVD?

Help me, please!
                          Hatshepsut, Queen Pharaoh

Comment

It will be Monday (here in the UK anyway) in 5hrs. and 19mins - mark!
                            sigpic

Comment

I read somewhere recently that people then to be more _______ the older they get. Fill in the blank with whatever characteristic fit when the person was younger. For example, when a person is inflexible as a twenty-something, it's likely the person would be more inflexible in his/her fifties. It's likely that Helen learned from a young age to be accepting of people's (and creature's) differences because of her exposure to her father's (and later her own) work. I would imagine it's easier to accept your child's quirks and foibles when you work with abnormals on a daily basis.
                              sigpic

In memory of Deejay.
                              May we all be so well loved.

Comment

Originally posted by Hatusu View Post
                                OK, back to technical difficulties. I bought the HD bundle. Episodes I through III are in my library, but I can't download or view them. It says Java void (0). I did get the latest Java and I did restart my computer.

I want to download them and copy them to a DVD. Does anyone have an idea how I can fix this? If we get it to work, should I click on Quicktime or Windows Media player? How much can you get on one DVD?

Help me, please!
                                Okay try clearing you cache then reload the page and see if that works
                                My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Working...
                                X