Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sanctuary Discussion (Spoilers for the most recent episode)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
    STEP AWAY FROM THE OKRA!

Don't you know it's a geen slimy vegetable
    A slimy, nasty tasting, green vegetable, at that!

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
    Okra is evil, I tell ya it's just plain EVIL!!!!
    *I* know!!! Okra is the slimy evidence of all that is evil in vegetables!!!

But, alas, there are benighted souls out there that believe Okra to be everything from the noblest and tastiest of vegetables to the very source and (slimy) fountain of Helen Magnus's longevity itself! ::shudder:: Even though, personally, I have suspicions that eating okra was what first turned John Druitt toward evil and madness - okra is just that bad - I cannot, in conscience, abandon them to the Forces Of Evil (aka: the Okra).

And now... the okra has been interbreeding with kudzu.

Aarrgghh!!

We have been forced to turn to science, Wile E. Coyote, and The Force itself to combat the insidious tendrils of evil.

Personally, I think I'm gonna need another light saber - and the Rebel Fleet wouldn't hurt.
    Nerd-o-rama: Oh, I almost forgot. Sam also had the power of Xenotechnological Deus Ex Machina for a few seasons (can use any alien technology if it suits the script's purpose.) Then they gave it to Jack for some reason.
    So that's why we've seen so little of Sam and Jack in these past two seasons. They're spending all their free time as the Xenotechnological Deus Ex Machina League fighting evil in Washington DC.

Comment

okra + kudzu =
      Spoiler:
      krud

*runs*

Behavioral science experiment #1: waiting for webisode after webisode did not result in statistically significant increases in levels of patience in any subject(fan) that was studied.

Words have tremendous power. The right words spoken by the right people at the right times can lift up communities, transform lives, mend relationships, break hearts—even topple empires.
      Quint Studer

Comment

Hey you can have mine.

*fakes friendly sharing to get rid of the stuff*
        Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
        Well I really don't mind Okra Winfrey

*ducks for cover*
        Originally posted by MerRu View Post

A slimy, nasty tasting, green vegetable, at that!

*I* know!!! Okra is the slimy evidence of all that is evil in vegetables!!!

But, alas, there are benighted souls out there that believe Okra to be everything from the noblest and tastiest of vegetables to the very source and (slimy) fountain of Helen Magnus's longevity itself! ::shudder:: Even though, personally, I have suspicions that eating okra was what first turned John Druitt toward evil and madness - okra is just that bad - I cannot, in conscience, abandon them to the Forces Of Evil (aka: the Okra).

And now... the okra has been interbreeding with kudzu.

Aarrgghh!!

We have been forced to turn to science, Wile E. Coyote, and The Force itself to combat the insidious tendrils of evil.

Personally, I think I'm gonna need another light saber - and the Rebel Fleet wouldn't hurt.
        Originally posted by tagger View Post
        okra + kudzu =
        Spoiler:
        krud

*runs*

Behavioral science experiment #1: waiting for webisode after webisode did not result in statistically significant increases in levels of patience in any subject(fan) that was studied.

"We are not amused."

/Hathor

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Hey you can have mine.

*fakes friendly sharing to get rid of the stuff*
          I tried giving other Okra Fans my okra too - and they immediately whipped out a geiger-counter to check it for radioactivity!

Obviously even adherents to the Cult of Okra don't dare trust the stuff!

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan View Post
          "We are not amused."

/Hathor

Über-Okra-Fan.
          Nerd-o-rama: Oh, I almost forgot. Sam also had the power of Xenotechnological Deus Ex Machina for a few seasons (can use any alien technology if it suits the script's purpose.) Then they gave it to Jack for some reason.
          So that's why we've seen so little of Sam and Jack in these past two seasons. They're spending all their free time as the Xenotechnological Deus Ex Machina League fighting evil in Washington DC.

Comment

Originally posted by MerRu View Post
            [FONT="Arial"]
            The only known benefits of the Okra Genome Project were the following:

Hair gel,

and

Bicycle tire adhesive

"We are not amused."

/Hathor

It's ugly, but it's what happens when fans have to ENTERTAIN THEMSELVES for 2 weeks on end.

Last edited by tagger; 22 May 2007, 08:45 AM.
            Words have tremendous power. The right words spoken by the right people at the right times can lift up communities, transform lives, mend relationships, break hearts—even topple empires.
            Quint Studer

Comment

"We are not amused."

/Hathor

-

Comment

Tapping Eager For Sanctuary

"There really wasn't a second choice," Kindler said. "If she had said 'I can't' or 'I'm not interested' or 'I don't think so,' I don't think it would have worked. She has a huge international following. She's an executive producer on the show, which she's very good at. She was very powerful in front of the camera and behind the camera, and all of it was very important and helpful and necessary."

Read full article at SciFi.com
                My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady View Post
                  Tapping Eager For Sanctuary

"There really wasn't a second choice," Kindler said. "If she had said 'I can't' or 'I'm not interested' or 'I don't think so,' I don't think it would have worked. She has a huge international following. She's an executive producer on the show, which she's very good at. She was very powerful in front of the camera and behind the camera, and all of it was very important and helpful and necessary."

Read full article at SciFi.com
                  Thanks for the link, tsax. I wondered if SciFi.com was going to touch the story.

What's so funny to me is, for quite a few of the articles about Sanctuary, they've put the story under the "Television" section. It kind of highlights how ahead of the game Sanctuary is in terms of being the first of its kind. It's like television, but better. And no one has a specific section to classify such entertainment. Yet.

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz View Post
                    Thanks for the link, tsax. I wondered if SciFi.com was going to touch the story.

What's so funny to me is, for quite a few of the articles about Sanctuary, they've put the story under the "Television" section. It kind of highlights how ahead of the game Sanctuary is in terms of being the first of its kind. It's like television, but better. And no one has a specific section to classify such entertainment. Yet.
                    Maybe we could hold a competition for a name for "TV show on the Net"

Of course, with me being lousy at naming stuff I will not be tendering any lousy names
                    -

Comment

Maybe we could hold a competition for a name for "TV show on the Net"

Of course, with me being lousy at naming stuff I will not be tendering any lousy names
                      Heh heh. Webivision?

Dang, looks like I'm not too good at it either.

By the way, I didn't get to say it a couple nights ago, because I stepped away from my computer early to watch my beloved Suns get pummeled by the Spurs ... but that really was a neat chat, SF Ladies! It was spontaneous, off-the-cuff, candid and very funny. The guys and gal(s) behind Sanctuary seem to have a great chemistry together. Damian, Martin and Ron are hilariously incorrigible. Emilie is sweet. Robin is so misunderstood.

And it's very clear that they appreciate the hard work you guys have done.

But I have to ask: When does the Support Robin Dunne campaign begin?

Comment

Heh heh. Webivision?
                        Hmmm... Close, but no banana.

I kind of like the sound of web-o-vision.

SANCTUARY - FILMED IN GLORIOUS WEB-O-VISION!

It kind of harks back to the golden age of cinema, when everything was Techniscope, Technorama, Colorama and so forth.
                        sigpic
                        Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                        To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                        And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

will all episodes be like ~17min long? I liked the first part but 17min just suck.

Comment

Ok, now I've had a bit of time to think about it, I kind of prefer "Web-o-rama".

It just has a ceratin something about it...
                            sigpic
                            Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                            To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                            And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Heh heh. Webivision?

Dang, looks like I'm not too good at it either.

By the way, I didn't get to say it a couple nights ago, because I stepped away from my computer early to watch my beloved Suns get pummeled by the Spurs ... but that really was a neat chat, SF Ladies! It was spontaneous, off-the-cuff, candid and very funny. The guys and gal(s) behind Sanctuary seem to have a great chemistry together. Damian, Martin and Ron are hilariously incorrigible. Emilie is sweet. Robin is so misunderstood.

And it's very clear that they appreciate the hard work you guys have done.

But I have to ask: When does the Support Robin Dunne campaign begin?
                              I think Shelma already has it underway: http://movies.groups.yahoo.com/group...support-group/

Comment

Well, I'm venturing into the unknown tonight. I'm going to try to download the first ep from youtube on dial up. I'm not technical at all and I expect it will take about 3 years to load!

Also I've heard of Okra but never seen nor tasted it!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X