Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Once Upon A Time General Discussion/News/Speculation (spoilers possible)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I read somewhere else *sorry I forgot I'll try find it again* that the region 2 season 3 dvd is available Oct 20th...

Edit: This is on amazon (also multiregional) suggesting release date Oct 20th - but no preorder button... so *shrugs* not sure what's happening...
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Once-Season-...eywords=disney

Edit 2: showing as unavailable now

If in doubt record off tele
    Last edited by lastrequest; 23 October 2014, 05:09 PM.
    sigpic
    ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ my fanfics ~ my twitter ~ teslen thread ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Comment

Thanks much anyhow lastreqest!

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
      "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
      "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Just watched the first two episodes. The first one sucked, but the second one was really cool(pun unintended).
        The series is still stuck with cheesy writing, but all the actors are giving it their greatest and that's wonderful. I especially loved the scene with Rumple visiting his son's grave(minus the generic flashback story).

Both Ice Ladies are awesome(Juliet from Lost!!!).

Finally, I hate hate hate Regina. I'm sorry, but after the thousands of crimes and evil smirks, I just can't take the redemption angle seriously. I feel like rolling my eyes at every scene she's in, which is a shame, considering the actress's calibre. Loved seeing her break out Sidney, though. He's hilarious.

In all honesty though, not a bad start for a season of Once Upon A Time.
        "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

I really hate the direction the show has taken this season. I hate the movie Frozen, and I'm sick to death of the over marketing. Now a show I once enjoyed has become just one more spin off product!

Comment

Originally posted by rushy View Post
            Finally, I hate hate hate Regina. I'm sorry, but after the thousands of crimes and evil smirks, I just can't take the redemption angle seriously. I feel like rolling my eyes at every scene she's in, which is a shame, considering the actress's calibre. Loved seeing her break out Sidney, though. He's hilarious.
            It does seem like they continually flip back and fourth between whether she is going to be good or evil.

Comment

Well, the show, IMHO, did its biggest mistake in season 2 by breaking the curse. It immediately revealed the mysterious aspects of the show. It's like if everyone got off the island at the end of season 1 of Lost.
              "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Haven't seen it mentioned here, but Episode 8, to air 11/16 in the states has been upped to 2 hours. This is in addition to the original episode count so that for DVD and syndication purposes this season will have 23 episodes.

As for the Frozen arc, say what you want about it but the ratings are up 30% year over year for ABC and is the networks highest rated drama not produced by Shonda Rhimes.

And personally, I don't think Regina's flipping anymore. I think she's a flawed hero at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Fischer View Post
                  Haven't seen it mentioned here, but Episode 8, to air 11/16 in the states has been upped to 2 hours. This is in addition to the original episode count so that for DVD and syndication purposes this season will have 23 episodes.

As for the Frozen arc, say what you want about it but the ratings are up 30% year over year for ABC and is the networks highest rated drama not produced by Shonda Rhimes.

And personally, I don't think Regina's flipping anymore. I think she's a flawed hero at this point.
                  This is correct, Smash the Mirror is in two parts {Smash the mirror part 1, Smash the mirror part 2}; part one airs at seven apparently, and part two at eight, however it is counted as ONE episode on the entire timeguide for the season {according to the season wiki, there's 22 total episodes, smash the mirror being counted as one single episode though}

And yeah, the ratings are indeed up for this season, sadly it is only 11 episodes long

"The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

The various convolutions of how it was described thursday make me wonder how long the extra hour has been planned. A properly paced two hour episode intended that way from the start is different than when a show shoots a lot of extra material and finds they can make a second hour out of it.

While they are describing it as 22 episodes in some places, ABC's describing it as an additional episode (they picked up extra episodes of a half dozen series on the same day).

Comment

While they are describing it as 22 episodes in some places, ABC's describing it as an additional episode (they picked up extra episodes of a half dozen series on the same day).
                      Well apparently they also picked up two more episodes last I heard of Castle ? Along with this, when it was revealed and I read the brief summary I got thinking "We're to see how Elsa ended up in the urn ??" Now I am not exactly worried about that, but I am worried about the fact that the HAT; the hat MICKEY MOUSE WORE is in this show too..... *shivers* Just thinking about that hat makes me shiver. I loved that part of Fantasia. But the mythology they gave it for the show scares me.

My thought of why ABC wanted to extend smash the mirror into two parts was because there was so much story to tell to begin with on the frozen storyline. Though I could be wrong

Comment

The episode description I read makes me think Emma is going to have hat troubles. Which makes me very very very mad at Rumple. I'm actually not sure what I think about the hat mythology as it's been presented. It concerns me that its far too powerful, especially in the hands of an already quite powerful Rumple.

Comment

Originally posted by Princess Awinita View Post
                          Well apparently they also picked up two more episodes last I heard of Castle ?
                          Modern Family, Black-ish, The Goldbergs, The Middle and Grey's Anatomy all got 2 extra episodes bringing their orders up to 24.

Castle and Once each got an extra episode up to 23. But as you point out, A&E are treating 8 as a single two hour.

Comment

Modern Family, Black-ish, The Goldbergs, The Middle and Grey's Anatomy all got 2 extra episodes bringing their orders up to 24.

Castle and Once each got an extra episode up to 23. But as you point out, A&E are treating 8 as a single two hour.
                            OK so the hat troubles might be Emmas problem whereas Elsa has snow queen to deal with..... I honestly do not see the family relationship; however to be honest I AM looking forwards to how Elsa ended up in the urn.
                            Spoiler:
                            I honestly hope Snow Queen was lying that Anna did it {In Rocky Road}

I think rumpy needs some toning down. Either Elsa or Emma have to knock him down a few pegs, Anna already had done so.

Comment

I've been concerned that they've overpowered Rumple for for a while. They've basically made it so that not only can no single character realistically stop him, but that I honestly wonder if they could all combined stop him. The Dark One is an interesting concept but as the show has gone on and made him behind every other villain he's just become a big godlike.

Really the last several villains have been. Pan could do anything he wished, and until she was finally defeated Zelena treated Regina like a rag doll. She couldn't even land a single blow. I at least feel like the Snow Queen isn't quite like that.

Spoiler:
                              I'm sure the Snow Queen was lying. Or misleading. Anna would never do that deliberately.

In terms of family relationships. It could certainly exist. This is after all a show where a daughter once arrested her mother for the murder of her stepmother (sort of), having been set up by her step grandmother who was also the adopted mother of her son who in turn had murdered both her grandfather and her step-great grandfather. And that doesn't even bring in the Neil side of the family. They bring new meaning to family feud.

Comment

Originally posted by Princess Awinita View Post
                                This is correct, Smash the Mirror is in two parts {Smash the mirror part 1, Smash the mirror part 2}; part one airs at seven apparently, and part two at eight, however it is counted as ONE episode on the entire timeguide for the season {according to the season wiki, there's 22 total episodes, smash the mirror being counted as one single episode though}

And yeah, the ratings are indeed up for this season, sadly it is only 11 episodes long
                                COOL. Another 2 hr show. Any idea if this is in addition to the usual season finale being 2 hrs?

In terms of family relationships. It could certainly exist. This is after all a show where a daughter once arrested her mother for the murder of her stepmother (sort of), having been set up by her step grandmother who was also the adopted mother of her son who in turn had murdered both her grandfather and her step-great grandfather. And that doesn't even bring in the Neil side of the family. They bring new meaning to family feud.
                                I would love to see the stars of this show do a family feud episode!

Comment

Working...
                                X