Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Once Upon A Time General Discussion/News/Speculation (spoilers possible)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ukko View Post
    That isnt what the site that you use to post ratings and likely cancellation says.
    Last Friday's episode was a 1.6
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
      Last Friday's episode was a 1.6
      Which according to your site is actually good for a friday (and after a two week break) on NBC (held steady on a thrusday too) with competition from Fringe and supernatural, it appears to aslo be holding steady (leading its timeslot) at those ratings and is consistently one of the networks highest rated shows.
      sigpic

Comment

We'll see. Friday is a little more unpredictible then the other days
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Hope this doesn't get cancelled, just starting to enjoy it, I agree with the previous poster about networks not learning from their previous mistakes/assumptions. They really need to wake up and realise this is 2012 nearly and that the TV is no longer the only source of entertainment for a family, of course ratings are going to be lower than 1990 when there were but only a dozen tv channels and console was something most people did to others rather than play on.

Must admit I did start thinking that Gold was

Spoiler:
          the wolf.

Really dislike that evil Queen too

Comment

latest ep from 12/11

Spoiler:

wow, what an ep!

poor huntsman...

i loved regina and emma getting in a fight! but is it wrong of me to be super happy when regina punched out emma? i yelled at the screen, 'you go, girl!'

does regina 'really' remember her fairytale life, or just parts of it? or maybe she doesn't really remember any of it, just gets these certain vibes and impulses.

the queen said to huntsman that snow broke a promise (which is the fuel for the queen's hatred towards snow), so i wonder what that promise was?

i missed one moment in the ep (mom came in the ask me something), so what suddenly made snow run off from the huntsman? i saw them talking, i heard snow mention that he was the only person to not offer condolences for her father's death, and then i glanced up and snow threw something at huntsman and ran off. i missed what happened to set off that run.

POOR HUNTSMAN/SHERIFF! i wonder what made him remember, and why only when he was kissing emma?
            sally

sigpic

Comment

i really enjoy the show think that they have made a tv show that can owrk for everyone in all ages. think they have mangaed to make the plot good and keeping their diffrent charaters up and alive...
              The jimmy crickets episode was my fav! they did such an awsazzinng job on that , i started to cry at the end. it was a perfect script and the actor who playes jimmy is just really good.

and ep 12 also briliant because if a show goes to long say 20 eps per seson, they have to keep the middle part good. and they did that very well with the episode huntsman
              now my brothers in arms,, i stand before you now, like our for father did in the heed of battel,let us take the steel and our honor to victory

Comment

Spoiler:
                I wanted to cry so bad for the Huntsman..... graham was my favorite!! :'(

I so can not wait for more of this show!! it is FANTASTIC!! Love it!
                sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                  I actually didn't really like 1x07 that much. It just seemed to drag on and on in the beginning and for as little as we know him, I felt the Sheriff's behavior was very out of character for him. I'm not a huge fan of Emma (nor of the actress) or him so I found it very hard to keep my attention on the episode and then he was drunk and suddenly kissing Emma. Of course, as luck will have it that will help him remember (maybe she should just make out with everyone in Storybrooke and the curse will be broken ) and then she's all offended and he goes home to the mayor... The plot of him having no heart also seemed to come out of the blue and it felt like it was something we should have known about yet it had never been hinted at as far as I recall. The whole Snow White thing was boring to me as well and I still don't get why the EQ chose him as the huntsman seeing how the mirror seemed to show her him from the moment he shot the dear and then his behavior in the bar... why on Earth would she expect a guy that cries over killing a dear and apologizing to it to be able to kill innocent Snow? And if he was raised by wolves then how can he read?

The whole meeting at the school was weird too and the flashbacks of Snow and the EQ kept making me wonder why the EQ was evil as she apparently wasn't at one time? In the end it was revealed she was pure evil because... Snow had told her secret! How lame?! It better be a darn good secret otherwise the whole plot seems rather ridiculous.

I liked the part where we saw the mayor go to the tomb and into the fairytale world, plus the whole heart-thing was kind of cool. Seems EQ had always had an eye on the huntsman, even back then. I always thought EQ had turned evil or was angry with Snow either because Snow was taking her place and/or was prettier than her (which seems implausible with the chosen actresses) or because she'd been madly in love with the King and Snow had somehow sabotaged the marriage and then the man had died. But apparently it's all about Snow's big mouth. Makes me wonder if EQ simply killed the King to cause Snow harm.

I didn't see the kill coming up until the last few minutes and I have to say that the mayor's timing was excellent because now Emma might think the people will simply die if they learn the truth about their lives. Why didn't Emma try CPR on the sheriff?

All in all, I thought it was a very weak and boring episode, up until the reveal of the hearts chamber. That was kind of cool. But the start was too slow and then it just dragged on and on, so overall I still think it's a weak episode because you shouldn't have to see 3/4th of an episode before it gets good.
                  Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                  Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                  On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
                    Spoiler:
                    I liked the part where we saw the mayor go to the tomb and into the fairytale world, plus the whole heart-thing was kind of cool. Seems EQ had always had an eye on the huntsman, even back then. I always thought EQ had turned evil or was angry with Snow either because Snow was taking her place and/or was prettier than her (which seems implausible with the chosen actresses) or because she'd been madly in love with the King and Snow had somehow sabotaged the marriage and then the man had died. But apparently it's all about Snow's big mouth. Makes me wonder if EQ simply killed the King to cause Snow harm.
                    Spoiler:
                    I missed the part about the Secret that Snow White spilled, but the EQ did kill her Husband because of what SW did. I can take a blind guess since they want to somehow stay true to the stories. I would say that the Queens Secret is that she stays beautiful with the Help of a Spell and is in reallity way older, the King of course wouldnt have liked it at all when he had heard about it and so she killed him with Snow White next on the list.
                    Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
                    Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
                    There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

I enjoyed the episode (and the entire series thus far)
                      Spoiler:
                      and simply screamed when Regina went into her vault. I think that is the first time we have seen her actually cross into "fairy". I also think it interesting that in the preview for the next episodes we see a normal-appearing Rumplestiltskin in the fairytale world...he's trying to work a spell....and that turns him into the creature we see? looks like the writers have some great storyline ahead for us!
                      can't wait until the show returns!
                      All of the above statments are merely my own opinion unless otherwise stated.

Comment

b_barnett posted this over on the Carlyle/Rush thunk thread - nice interview with show writer Jane Espenson talking about Once Upon a Time (on Blogcritics). Thanks, b_barnett!

http://blogcritics.org/video/article...nterview-with/
                        sigpic
                        Goodbye and Good Travels, Destiny!

Comment

It seems they have pre emptied the show for the remainder of the month of December...
                          The world hath known no greater love than this, to give one's life for his friends. John 15:34

The banning of images in SIGs suck.

Comment

Originally posted by RJLCyberPunk View Post
                            It seems they have pre emptied the show for the remainder of the month of December...
                            All the scripited shows are like that. They know December is a death slot
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

Oh, I didn't know there was a OUAT thread on GW! Should have checked before today. *feels dumb*

On Rumpy: (Spoilers for last episode and future episodes!)
                              Spoiler:
                              Now, I haven't read the whole thread, so I don't know what's been said before. Do you guys think he knows anything about the curse? I've been trying to guess, but each episode I come with a new answer. Until last week, I wasn't even sure if Regina herself knew -- but it was pretty obvious after she killed Graham. Eh.

But the episode when we come back is on Rumpy's character. I so cannot wait for that. Maybe we'll know then was he knows... I think it will be interesting!

As far as renewal/lifespan of the show goes -- I don't know. :/ I tend to agree with Sky. They can't drag this story for too long, but I get the vibe that they will try, which makes me sort of 'meh' about the future of the show. Honestly, I think this would have made a perfect mini-series and then you wrap and it's over. I'm just telling myself for now that we'll see where they go with it, but I must say, I'm intrigued not just as to what will happened to the characters I've come to care about, but to the future of the show as well.
                              sigpic
                              Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
                              My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
                              Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

Spoilery link found by Artemis-Neith
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X