Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Once Upon A Time General Discussion/News/Speculation (spoilers possible)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow,
    Spoiler:
    she is so bad! Regina does remember everything and has a nasty swing too! Poor Graham, no one leaves her!
    And I want to know what Mr. Gold is digging around in the forest for? Maybe burying some magic potion, for 3 days, during a full moon, at the base of a special tree, etc., etc. Seems like he's up tp something strange there.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jeri View Post
      Wow,
      Spoiler:
      she is so bad! Regina does remember everything and has a nasty swing too! Poor Graham, no one leaves her!
      And I want to know what Mr. Gold is digging around in the forest for? Maybe burying some magic potion, for 3 days, during a full moon, at the base of a special tree, etc., etc. Seems like he's up tp something strange there.
      Spoiler:
      Well, he certainly has a habit of appearing at the weirdest times and he certainly enjoyed himself again. I think that was just a lame excuse to have this conversation with him. Though I agree, I am starting to think he is not just enjoying the Show, he is up to something.

On another note, now that we know for sure the Sheriff was the Huntsman, what was it that Snow White did to the EQ? She basically ruined her Happy End all on her own. So what was so special to her to cause her go into Self-Destruct? It cant be that Snow White was prettier than her, at this point that would be plain stupid. I really hope they have something that makes more sense up their sleeves.
      Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
      Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
      There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

Wow,
        Spoiler:
        We do know that there is a cave that leads to an entirely different world. So maybe he is looking for an entrance to that ?

Comment

I'm enjoying it. a to the CGI, every show learns how to do it better. Sanctuary has gotten better over the years but in season 1 there were some truly horrible CG scenes.

I do think, however, that this is a show with a finite life span. Viewers may be intrigued,but if it takes 4 years for the curse to be broken....well won't take four years cause people will get bored and turn away. I honestly see this lasting a season or two, not much more than that. maybe three if season 1 is breaking the curse, season 2 defeating rumple, season 3 defeating the queen/choosing which world to live in, then it's over. try to turn this into LOST and you end up with a meandering,, plodding and boring show that'll die a pathetic little death.
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Loved last night's episode!
            However:
            Spoiler:
            So sad our handsome huntsman is dead!
            sigpic
            Goodbye and Good Travels, Destiny!

Comment

Ratings time.
              The new episode scored a 2.9 18-49 HH and 8.91 million viewers.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...ed-cbs/113388/

I'm getting Flash Forward vibes from a few years ago
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                Ratings time.
                The new episode scored a 2.9 18-49 HH and 8.91 million viewers.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...ed-cbs/113388/

I'm getting Flash Forward vibes from a few years ago
                I fear as the story gets more involved, we will see the numbers drop. Let's face it most viewers don't have the attention span to remember what's going on, so they'll change the channel easily.
                sigpic

Comment

I fear as the story gets more involved, we will see the numbers drop. Let's face it most viewers don't have the attention span to remember what's going on, so they'll change the channel easily.
                  They drop below 2.0 its Cancelled Town
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

You are right, but i guess the dropping in the ratings has more something to do that its near Christmas and also that there was a Football match that night. I guess that would be a good reason for People to be otherwise occupied.

I know they play Football every weekend, but The Amazing Race had to be aired later than planned, so I imagine there was something special about that match.

We should start making a Poll on which Series People think will not make it to their 2nd Season. Contenders being Terra Nova, OUAT and Grimm.

Originally posted by JackO'Neill View Post
                    We do know that there is a cave that leads to an entirely different world. So maybe he is looking for an entrance to that ?
                    Just noticed, Mr. Gold shouldnt be able to Dig a hole at all because of his Leg. Though Rumpel on the other Hand seems completly fit. Is there something we havent been told?
                    Last edited by tomstone; 12 December 2011, 01:21 PM.
                    Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
                    Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
                    There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

OMG!!! I am really hating THE QUEEN/REGINA!!! When will she die!!??!!! Grrrrr.... woman is irritating!!!
                      sigpic

Comment

I think its likely that Grimm will be canceled OUAT and Terra Nova will be renewed, Terra Nova probably for a smaller budget than season 1 had. I wouldn't really miss Terra Nova, though it IS starting to get interesting, but I think I would OUAT as I'm really enjoying it more than I thought I would.

They're gonna have to learn to start renewing stuff despite ratings, because if they don't then even LESS people will watch because they will be tired of shows getting canceled. The past three or four years that's all its been on just about every network except for a few - new show, *canceled* 1 or 2 years later, rinse repeat. Networks can't expect us, the viewers, to keep on tuning into new shows and watching them loyally only to have our hearts ripped out like the huntsman as our favorite new shows are then canceled. I wasn't even planning on watching anything new this season because of this except Terra Nova seemed interesting and so did OUAT. But if both shows are canceled then that's it for me, I'll stick to my DVD's and Blu Ray's rather than take a chance with any future new shows, and the few I watch that are still going (Merlin, Doctor Who, Warehouse 13, Fringe).

I like that FOX is sort of figuring this out with Fringe. Every year its the same song and dance from the press regarding Fringe "ratings are so low its GONNA get canceled!!!" in fact I'm already seeing sites like Airlock Alpha reporting the EXACT same thing they've been reporting about the show for the past TWO years. Yet FOX consistently renews it. They've realized that while yes, Fringe MAY get lower numbers than other shows, it has an EXTREMELY loyal audience - those low numbers are consistent, the same people keep on coming back to watch it. It may not get the numbers that the Simpsons or Baseball do, but people talk about it more than most shows on FOX and FOX has recognized that it has a large DVR audience.

Networks need to realize this about sci-fi, and we the viewers have been telling them for years since Firefly that this is what needs to happen. Accept lower numbers, but realize that those lower numbers are loyal audiences and that in the long run, you'll see bigger returns. Look at Firefly and Star Trek. Both shows performed poorly and were canceled initially but look at the long-term returns that both shows have, I mean, a canceled 3 year TV show spawned not one, not two, but SIX (counting The Animated Series) spin-offs and ELEVEN (soon to be twelve) movies, not to mention the merchandising! And look at Firefly, I couldn't walk around my college campus when I was in undergrad without hearing people talking about it as I passed them. How many shows that were canceled after 11 episodes got turned into a movie?!.

The problem is networks fail to plan ahead. They see only the immediate return but if they did I bet the genre would look much better today than it does. Sci-fi/fantasy is a totally different beast than anything else on TV. Its storylines tend to evolve much more than any other genre (how many shows have had the kind of character development that Farscape did, where an audience starts hating a character as the villain and he turns into one of the good guys that we respect by his demise?), and I bet the DVD sales for shows like Law and Order don't come close to matching the sales of shows like Star Trek or Firefly.
                        That is just my two cents.

Comment

Originally posted by tomstone View Post
                          Just noticed, Mr. Gold shouldnt be able to Dig a hole at all because of his Leg. Though Rumpel on the other Hand seems completly fit. Is there something we havent been told?
                          I think the Evil Queen threw in a trick when they made the deal for the curse when Rumpy asked to have comfort in the "real" world. She gave him wealth, but has made him crippled, probably painfully so. I would be like her, power mad evil thing. Or maybe Regina caused him to have an accident in Storybrooke.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Browncoat1984 View Post
                            I think its likely that Grimm will be canceled OUAT and Terra Nova will be renewed, Terra Nova probably for a smaller budget than season 1 had. I wouldn't really miss Terra Nova, though it IS starting to get interesting, but I think I would OUAT as I'm really enjoying it more than I thought I would.
                            Its current ratings and performance would say otherwise.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ukko View Post
                              Its current ratings and performance would say otherwise.
                              No they don't. However Grimm is on Friday and its NBC so the standard requirment is lower then Sunday-Thursday. It could go either way but I am leaning towards cancelled
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                                No they don't. However Grimm is on Friday and its NBC so the standard requirment is lower then Sunday-Thursday. It could go either way but I am leaning towards cancelled
                                That isnt what the site that you use to post ratings and likely cancellation says.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X