Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marvel's Daredevil: Live Rewatch/Appreciation.(SPOILERS through S1)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
    Just the whole concept of this scene is awesome to me. Wounded hero finding himself on the sofa in someone's apartment, someone who just happens to be an awesome nurse who has cleaned and treated his wounds. But he's confused and lost and still in so much pain. (Love the bit after Claire says the less you know about me the better where he's kinda laughing, but laughing hurts and he just kind of gasps for breath a bit. *dies*)
    Just - GAH!!!!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sheppard's Delight View Post
      Actually in this ep more than any other you really notice the non Matt bits and tbh the flashbacks here start to annoy me a little
      Oh yes. After the first few watchings I always FF those bits. Unless I want to purposely torture myself and make myself wait!!!
      sigpic

Comment

Actually in this ep more than any other you really notice the non Matt bits and tbh the flashbacks here start to annoy me a little
        Yeah, me too... but only because I am such a whump tart and the whump is so darn good and it's all I want to watch! Structurally, this episode works SO well, interspersing current day whump with backstory and tying it all in together. It's beautifully done. But I am a tart and I just want to watch the whump over and over.

(Seriously, I wish I had some kind of video editing software so I could edit myself a video of just all the whumpy bits from Daredevil all in one lovely big whumpy clip )
        sigpic

Comment

OKay, are we ready to move on? Are we ready for the freaking epic deliciousness that is the pneumothorax? (Eeep, it's like we died and went to whump fanfic heaven!! )
          sigpic

Comment

Yeah, me too... but only because I am such a whump tart and the whump is so darn good and it's all I want to watch! Structurally, this episode works SO well, interspersing current day whump with backstory and tying it all in together. It's beautifully done. But I am a tart and I just want to watch the whump over and over.

(Seriously, I wish I had some kind of video editing software so I could edit myself a video of just all the whumpy bits from Daredevil all in one lovely big whumpy clip )
            Yes it would be so much easier to have the edited version of Matt only - they should sell the whumpers cut

Comment

I'm very impatient. But it is a well crafted ep, IMO. I like the backstory. However, sometimes I just need to get straight to the whump as I just can't wait!
              sigpic

Comment

Yes it would be so much easier to have the edited version of Matt only - they should sell the whumpers cut
                Maybe there's a whump director's cut with added scenes?
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linzi View Post
                  Maybe there's a whump director's cut with added scenes?
                  OOOH, wonder if we'll get in any extras on the dvd????
                  sigpic

Comment

OKay, are we ready to move on? Are we ready for the freaking epic deliciousness that is the pneumothorax? (Eeep, it's like we died and went to whump fanfic heaven!! )
                    Um . . . YES!!!
                    sigpic

Comment

I think the fact it is flashback and then foggy and Karen makes it worse -One or the other - not both!!

Comment

Originally posted by Linzi View Post
                        I'm very impatient. But it is a well crafted ep, IMO. I like the backstory. However, sometimes I just need to get straight to the whump as I just can't wait!
                        Yup, I think we all feel the same. (I do the same with a lot of my fave whumpy SGA eps too - e.g. 38 Minutes. I can't be doing with no Halling and his tea ceremony, I just want whumpy SWhep!)

Ooops phone call. Am staying paused for a mo.
                        sigpic

Comment

I'm pressing play

Comment

Yup, I think we all feel the same. (I do the same with a lot of my fave whumpy SGA eps too - e.g. 38 Minutes. I can't be doing with no Halling and his tea ceremony, I just want whumpy SWhep!)

Ooops phone call. Am staying paused for a mo.
                            I will continue but will no doubt talk about the next few mins for the rest of the show!

Comment

Let's pause again just after Claire's "every version ends with me in handcuffs".
                              sigpic

Comment

Love the way the flashback cuts straight to Matt waking up gasping, as if having suffered a bad dream, but then we realise it's something worse! The only slight annoyance for me here is that Claire asks, "What is it, what's wrong?" Um, he can't breathe??? As a seasoned whumper, I was like shouting out, "It's a freaking pneumothorax, you daft moo!!! "
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X