No announcement yet.

Loki/Tom Hiddleston Thunk/Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How TH explains the character of Loki...

Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

Thanks for the video

Spoiler:
      On the edge of breaking down
      sigpic
      Banner made by me

Comment

Originally posted by Glitch33 View Post
        Yeah, both videos. I love how TH talks about the character and I hope they give him room to develop it. It's not that I want to see Loki as hero, but I would like to see both sides of him the draker and the softer one.

I really love that poster, Ikorni and Glitch, I'm so snurching your pics.
        sigpic
        Beautiful signature and avatar by Yamiinsane. You're a mind reader!
        Aristides de Sousa Mendes

Comment

Originally posted by JadedWraith View Post
          Yeah, both videos. I love how TH talks about the character and I hope they give him room to develop it. It's not that I want to see Loki as hero, but I would like to see both sides of him the draker and the softer one.

Yea that would be nice to see Loki with a softer side. Too bad he won't be in the new Avengers coming out. Tom said he wanted to work on Shakespeare or something like that. And go right ahead Glad you like them.

Spoiler:
          On the edge of breaking down
          sigpic
          Banner made by me

Comment

Originally posted by Ikorni View Post
            I hear you. I like the delicious beginnings of a stubble, but a full beard really doesn't suit everyone. I liked Loki with shorter hair though. I wonder why they had his hair so long in the Avengers and in the second Thor movie.

I think the mischief will never really go away - he's the god of mischief after all so we can probably expect him to deviate the moment he's let loose.
            i'm with you there! love a stubbly man.... as for his hair. i think it was he didn't get a chance to cut it while cut off from Asgard, and once he got back, there were more important things to do/worry about than a hair cut

Originally posted by Ikorni View Post
            I should really post some of the fantastic Tumblr gifs that I saw that day while I was looking at Loki there....almost everything there's animated and just so fun. Now the only problem is finding them again!

But in the meantime...

There's a new behind-the-scenes clip for Thor 2.
            aren't they just? i love tumblr gifs... once, i saw a post comparing tumblr and facebook as wizarding and muggle tho i've heard rumors that facebook might start allow gifs
            I'm a Slasher. I slash. It's what I do.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JadedWraith View Post

It's Marvel's official poster, so you can take whatever you want! I'd like to think of Loki as anti-hero actually - he does things to save the day (or at least tries to and fails), not out of the goodness of his heart, but out of a twisted belief that he'd get the recognition and the respect that he thinks he deserves when he succeeds. Now that's complex for me.

Originally posted by Lilith View Post
              i'm with you there! love a stubbly man.... as for his hair. i think it was he didn't get a chance to cut it while cut off from Asgard, and once he got back, there were more important things to do/worry about than a hair cut
              Yeah. I just thought they let it get out of hand though, until he looked like prime candidate for a shampoo commercial in the second movie's trailer!

aren't they just? i love tumblr gifs... once, i saw a post comparing tumblr and facebook as wizarding and muggle tho i've heard rumors that facebook might start allow gifs
              I love those Gifs too, but then I realise we can't really post them here in their full glory because they probably exceed 100 kb.
              Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

Loki (or rather, TH) as GQ model...

Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

yep.... and i know what you mean... but comic cannon, loki has long hair.... arguably MCU is its own universe and they can change that... i mean MCU hawkeye isn't deaf, tho that may change considering that's a big character trait in the comics.....
                  sigpic

Comment

I'm ashamed to say that I could never get into the comics (of any fandom for that matter), so I didn't know how they looked like or that Hawkeye was actually deaf! Which makes me appreciate the cinematic universe even more I guess, because they bring to life just what I can't really envision from the comics.
                    Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

for the most part, i don't read comics... i like comics, but there's just so much back reading to do and i never have the time.... but there are websites dedicated to outlining cannical points of comics into a condensed, easy to read wiki.... [( but these are not actual wiki sites.... )] but i like to do my research when entering a fandom.... so i know a bunch of comic cannon without actually reading the comics.... when it comes to marvel, i'm strictly an MCU fan [( but i prefer comic cannon to movie-verse cannon for X-Men... man did Fox screw those movies up.... and until they make a Deadpool movie, comic's all i got.... )]
                      sigpic

Comment

Yeah, I read the marvel wiki as well just to get the back stories for Thor actually, but I've never really got into the comics. Just can't seem to like them somehow. I'd read books, newspaper articles and all, but...just not comics, for some reason.

I like the Avengers and X-Men less (not as much as Thor) so it's probably something I wouldn't focus on, unless I'm say, writing fanfic that requires research on them. But the tidbit about Hawkeye was certainly interesting!
                        Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

he's also left handed and ran away from foster care with a older brother and joined the circus, which is where he learned to shoot.... also, depending on which 'verse you read, Hawkeye deserted the Marines before becoming a mercenary, or saw Iron Man on the news and wanted to be a vigilante, but got mistaken for a bank robber and decided to take up a life of crime instead.... i think MCU's gonna follow the first back story, simply b/c he was already SHIELD when Stark created iron man....

so far MCU Loki seems more sane than comic Loki, which is good... i'm sure Tom could play deranged, but he looks sexier as mischief maker than he would as a megalomaniac....
                          sigpic

Comment

I think TH wanted that too; he read the comics, found Loki a 2-dimensional character who cackled from rooftops and knew that he really wanted something more complex. So he delved into mythology and combined what he thought fleshed Loki out. I'm eternally grateful for this!

And yeah, I'd be bored with deranged megalomaniac only.
                            Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

Something that you folks may find of interest from a mythological POV about Loki.

One interpretation of Loki is that he is a representation of Odin's "shadow self" Where Odin represents......... "law and order" to an extent, Loki is more "primal change". Also, it can be argued that Loki does all the things that Odin views as "nessesary" but is incapable of doing "socially" due to his position.
                              If you look into Norse mythology you can see just how a complex character Loki really is, and I'm glad TH has taken the time to see him more than just the "cardboard cutout" villain that a lot of Comic book villains can fall into.
                              sigpic
                              ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                              A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                              The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                                Something that you folks may find of interest from a mythological POV about Loki.

One interpretation of Loki is that he is a representation of Odin's "shadow self" Where Odin represents......... "law and order" to an extent, Loki is more "primal change". Also, it can be argued that Loki does all the things that Odin views as "nessesary" but is incapable of doing "socially" due to his position.
                                If you look into Norse mythology you can see just how a complex character Loki really is, and I'm glad TH has taken the time to see him more than just the "cardboard cutout" villain that a lot of Comic book villains can fall into.
                                Fascinating way of reading Loki! Almost as a foil to Odin, an unconstrained force of Odin's darker side that's given life of its own. I'll definitely need to give this a bit more of a think. Complex indeed!
                                Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

Working...
                                X