Loki/Tom Hiddleston Thunk/Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lilith View Post
    half my followers are friends who added me when i told them i'd created a tumbler.... the other half, most of them were ppl who followed me b/c i started following them... the other 3 are kids who've stumbled onto one of my 10 original posts and liked it... and by kids, i mean they're all under 18 years....
    I suppose if I'd join something similar would happen. Funny how those things work?

I'm actually craving for Thor II but I fear I'll be so disappointed. I'm seeing the way Batman is going and other franchises... I think they'll find a way of stripping it of every original/ creative detail.
    sigpic
    Beautiful signature and avatar by Yamiinsane. You're a mind reader!
    Aristides de Sousa Mendes

Comment

i don't think that'll happen with Marvel... i mean, they have a ten year plan, plus they have Joss Whedon, who knows how to pace himself and is a big geek himself so he'll make sure to keep it interesting but close to general comic cannon.... also, Marvel is natorious for letting their writers write whatever they want and branding a AU tag on it... srsly, i think Marvel invented the AU tag....
      I'm a Slasher. I slash. It's what I do.
      sigpic

Comment

i don't think that'll happen with Marvel... i mean, they have a ten year plan, plus they have Joss Whedon, who knows how to pace himself and is a big geek himself so he'll make sure to keep it interesting but close to general comic cannon.... also, Marvel is natorious for letting their writers write whatever they want and branding a AU tag on it... srsly, i think Marvel invented the AU tag....
        I hope you're right!*crosses fingers* But Joss is not directing Thor.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JadedWraith View Post
          I suppose if I'd join something similar would happen. Funny how those things work?

I'm actually craving for Thor II but I fear I'll be so disappointed. I'm seeing the way Batman is going and other franchises... I think they'll find a way of stripping it of every original/ creative detail.
          Yeah, I know what you mean. I really, really can't wait for Thor 2, but it sometimes feels as though characters are going to be reduced to stock characters - good vs evil, without shades of grey. And that pushes it too much into the Disney cartoon arena for me.
          Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

I hope you're right!*crosses fingers* But Joss is not directing Thor.
            no, but he is a part of the Marvel family, and since he's one of the lead directors for the Avengers, he needs to keep his hands in the individual character movies if they want to keep MCU character continuity... i mean it's one thing to spin off and create a new comic universe, but i doubt they want that kind of headache with MCU....
            sigpic

Comment

Sorry I've been away. My medical implant shocked me and I ended up in the ER for six and a half hours on Thursday night. We had to shut it off and I need to have the surgery again cus they couldn't get it to working again.

On the edge of breaking down
              sigpic
              Banner made by me

Comment

eu-yuck! that sucks Glitch! kinda living up to your sn tho eh? glad you're alright, and hope you get a good unit this time!
                sigpic

Comment

eu-yuck! that sucks Glitch! kinda living up to your sn tho eh? glad you're alright, and hope you get a good unit this time!
                  Yea I get so. This time around they said they'll give me a hew implant that won't move or break as easily as this last one.

Anyway back to Loki
                  On the edge of breaking down
                  sigpic
                  Banner made by me

Comment

Originally posted by Glitch33 View Post
                    Sorry I've been away. My medical implant shocked me and I ended up in the ER for six and a half hours on Thursday night. We had to shut it off and I need to have the surgery again cus they couldn't get it to working again.
                    Oh lord. I hope you're better now.
                    Last edited by Ikorni; 27 August 2013, 04:19 AM.
                    Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by Glitch33 View Post
                      http://i963.photobucket.com/albums/a...ps/Thought.jpg
                      I read this previously, but I wasn't able to reply....*expletive of choice* That must have been scary but I'm sure they can "fix it". Medicine has gone a long way these days ( my parents are coronary and heart valve patients, ten years ago they wouldn't survive their problems) I hope you're feeling better. And more calm.
                      sigpic

Comment

Maybe we should take the beard/'tache/clean-shaven discussion here?
                        Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by Ikorni View Post
                          Maybe we should take the beard/'tache/clean-shaven discussion here?
                          As you wish, I'm off topic in any thread, anyway. I might make another version with the clean shaven ones. I like a bit of rough and gruff in a man, I suppose. I love the images of captive Lokin in the Thor II trailer. I like all that hidden potential of mischief, just beneath the surface.
                          sigpic

Comment

As you wish, I'm off topic in any thread, anyway. I might make another version with the clean shaven ones. I like a bit of rough and gruff in a man, I suppose. I love the images of captive Lokin in the Thor II trailer. I like all that hidden potential of mischief, just beneath the surface.
                            I hear you. I like the delicious beginnings of a stubble, but a full beard really doesn't suit everyone. I liked Loki with shorter hair though. I wonder why they had his hair so long in the Avengers and in the second Thor movie.

I think the mischief will never really go away - he's the god of mischief after all so we can probably expect him to deviate the moment he's let loose.
                            Last edited by Ikorni; 27 August 2013, 05:15 AM.
                            Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

I should really post some of the fantastic Tumblr gifs that I saw that day while I was looking at Loki there....almost everything there's animated and just so fun. Now the only problem is finding them again!

But in the meantime...

There's a new behind-the-scenes clip for Thor 2.
                              Last edited by Ikorni; 27 August 2013, 05:23 AM.
                              Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

Latest Loki poster for the movie:

He truly looks badass here!

In any case, TH says this about Loki in the sequel, “Underneath the steely cold veneer of his trickster charm is a certain vulnerability and sensitivity – the wounded fragility of an outcast brother and son. His mind IS a box of cats though! But I love him.”

I love the layers that TH invests in Loki (it's exactly how I envisioned this character anyway), and that's exactly what I'm looking forward to as well.
                                Last edited by Ikorni; 27 August 2013, 05:33 AM.
                                Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

Working...
                                X