Loki/Tom Hiddleston Thunk/Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ikorni View Post
    Yeah. And it´ll be less extraordinary with TH not in Avengers 2 to steal the limelight again!
    I think TH has stolen enough of my life recently.

Originally posted by Samantha-Carter-is-my-muse View Post
    I haven't
    GO. NOW. EXPERIENCE.

Kidding...
    sigpic
    sig by Jper

"It's just a little airborne... It's still good, it's still good!"

Comment

Originally posted by Starship Trooper View Post
      GO. NOW. EXPERIENCE.

Kidding...
      It's okay

Comment

My comment was meant in jest. I'm sure loads of people who don't like that kind of thing have avoided it like the plague.

But seriously, I think it's arguably the best superhero/comic book film produced to date - even over the Chris Nolan Batman trilogy. And I'm not just saying that because I collected the full range of Marvel's X-books for over a decade. As a film lover and a comic book lover, I'm very critical about screen adaptations of comics (any literature really). I think some stories are told in a particular medium because that's the best way to tell them. In my opinion, re-telling a story in live-action doesn't necessarily make it better - in fact the opposite is normally the case.
        Agreed. Some stories belong in a specific media and don't translate easily to film. It's funny, I think Chris Nolan's version of Batman is a few notches above anything Marvel I've watched so far. Having said that, I own most of the Marvel films and few of the Nolan's Batman in dvd. I never said it wasn't fun. I dragged my sister to watch The Avengers .

Anyway, that's very OT - sorry!
        Not quite. It's a Marvel 's Loki thread hence discussing the Avengers makes sense. And it's a discussion thread, which means different opinions are always welcomed. I just tend to focus on Hiddles side of things, you'll have to excuse my biased view
        sigpic
        Beautiful signature and avatar by Yamiinsane. You're a mind reader!
        Aristides de Sousa Mendes

Comment

Originally posted by JadedWraith View Post
          Agreed. Some stories belong in a specific media and don't translate easily to film. It's funny, I think Chris Nolan's version of Batman is a few notches above anything Marvel I've watched so far. Having said that, I own most of the Marvel films and few of the Nolan's Batman in dvd. I never said it wasn't fun. I dragged my sister to watch The Avengers .
          Oh, I love Nolan's Batman films, I really do (I even went to a 5am special screening of The Dark Knight Rises when I had to go to work right after for the whole day). But I don't enjoy re-watching them as much as the Marvel films (hmmm... sounds kinda similar to what you're saying!).

I think Marvel have just gotten it so right with the casting and the fact that it's more of an ensemble of characters rather than just one main character. That's why a character like Loki can really stand out and win a big fan base. Loki is to Thor what the Joker was to Batman in the The Dark Knight, but Marvel are really seeing the potential and building on it (although you could argue that that wasn't possible in the case of The Dark Knight).

Having said that, I'm not a fan of all the new Marvel movies - Iron Man 2 was very so-so and the first Captain America was terribly flawed to the point where I didn't enjoy it at all. But the Avengers? I definitely thought they hit the nail on the head - especially when choosing a character like TH's Loki as the antagonist.

Not quite. It's a Marvel 's Loki thread hence discussing the Avengers makes sense. And it's a discussion thread, which means different opinions are always welcomed. I just tend to focus on Hiddles side of things, you'll have to excuse my biased view
          Maybe you shouldn't encourage me.
          sigpic
          sig by Jper

"It's just a little airborne... It's still good, it's still good!"

Comment

JW, you and I have long gone off the deep end with this bit! It's as though the rest exist but the spotlight's only on TH. heh. Epitome of fangirling. But still nothing like the extreme cases I see on Tumblr, thankfully.
            Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

Grungy, though I don't really know what this is for...

Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

Grungy, though I don't really know what this is for...
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eG9km76OE4o
                I don't know what'is he selling...but I am buying! *if I could wear clothes made for a thin man over 6 ft, that is*
                sigpic

Comment

Looks like a music video more than a ad!
                  Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

Looks like a music video more than a ad!
                    He has a rock star vibe but that is a photoshoot... *sigh* I wonder for which magazine?

EDIT to add: I am slooow...this one. It says so on the vid.

http://www.1883magazine.com/film/fil...hiddleston-app
                    sigpic

Comment

It was for the 1883 magazine. That's actually kinda old anyway cool though right?
                      On the edge of breaking down
                      sigpic
                      Banner made by me

Comment

To be honest i prefer him without the beard and tashe, ive never liked em
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Glitch33 View Post
                          It was for the 1883 magazine. That's actually kinda old anyway cool though right?
                          Yeah, I think I've seen pictures but not the vid before...
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pookey View Post
                            To be honest i prefer him without the beard and tashe, ive never liked em
                            I'm beard woman. It's not a look that everyone can wear but Tom wears it well. We'll agree to disagree on that one Oh I like him anyway.
                            sigpic

Comment

And yes, we saw the one of him in the bath a few pages back
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pookey View Post

And yes, we saw the one of him in the bath a few pages back
                                yep, this thread is the source for all things nice
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X