Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's pretty expected really. If they didn't have a few added incentives to switch to Blu-ray the change over would never happen and we'll forever have media stores with aisles full of both formats. Not to mention the whole money thing.
    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

I find bluray overrated
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
        I find bluray overrated
        I don't bother with them for a lot of things. But for things like CGI heavy movies like star trek, Thor or Ender's Game I can really see the difference. I also get them for Game of Thrones because I like seeing how much detail is put into everything and that's best done in Blu-Ray.
        Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

I won't disagree about the better visuals but the improvement in bluray is not worth the price changes.
          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by meredithchandler73 View Post
            Woohoo!!! Marvel's Agents of SHIELD season 1 comes out on DVD on Sept. 9th! (That's 101 days from now. Yes - I am VERY excited!!!) Can't wait to see what extras there may be. Hoping for a blooper reel, behind the scenes filming of fight scenes, and commentaries with actors and writers.

Just as long as they don't keep all the good stuff for the Blu-ray version only..

I won't disagree about the better visuals but the improvement in bluray is not worth the price changes.
            I've seen 2 different Blu=ray films on HD tvs, and watched their reg DVD counterparts on the same tvs. Never noticed much of a difference.

Comment

And of course, we're going to have to go through it all over again in five or ten years time when Blu Ray's replacement comes out...

It's a never ending vicious cycle.
              sigpic
              Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
              To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
              And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                Just as long as they don't keep all the good stuff for the Blu-ray version only..

I've seen 2 different Blu=ray films on HD tvs, and watched their reg DVD counterparts on the same tvs. Never noticed much of a difference.
                That's exactly my point - I am sure I wouldn't notice a huge difference in the quality between the two versions - I only care about extras that may only be on the Blu-Ray version.

One bright spot - I remembered that one of the few people I know who was watching Agents of Shield (although he is *way* behind in his viewing) does own a Blu-Ray player. I may just have to invite myself over to his apartment so we can watch the extras together.

99 days until the DVD comes out.
                sigpic
                Thanks to Starlover1990 for the banner

Comment

So someone on the team has a secret past that has yet to be revealed.

I hope we'll learn more in season 2.

I enjoyed the last 2 episodes. And Friday nights will have a large hole in them for a while.
                  "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
                  Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
                  Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
                  Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
                  I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
                  To thy own self... Be true
                  May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

Originally posted by FanGirl
                    To get a better picture, I would need to have a new TV. I've had this one since 2000.
                    I can top that.

I bought my elderly TV, which recently gave up the ghost, in 1999 with the first proper wage I got from my first proper job.
                    sigpic
                    Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                    To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                    And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by FanGirl
                      Friday? It was on Tuesdays for the US.
                      Its on a Friday in the UK

Comment

Yes. They showed it on Fridays at 2000 on Channel 4 here in the Uk.
                        Repeated on Saturday nights at 1900. And repeated on 4seven as well.
                        "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
                        Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
                        Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
                        Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
                        I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
                        To thy own self... Be true
                        May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

I find bluray overrated
                          Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                          I don't bother with them for a lot of things. But for things like CGI heavy movies like star trek, Thor or Ender's Game I can really see the difference. I also get them for Game of Thrones because I like seeing how much detail is put into everything and that's best done in Blu-Ray.
                          It costs 20 cents more to rent a blu-ray and if you hunt around they aren't that much more to buy. If you have a good quality large screen tv, the visual difference is compelling...especially on certain films\shows.
                          sigpic

Comment

I really get tired of people saying that just because I don't like blu ray it means I have never seen it on a good TV. I have and do note the improvements but its not worth the differences to buy.
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

Over on one of my Btech sites, someone mentioned that for the avengers 2, that agent tripplet is going to be making a cross over appearance..

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                                Over on one of my Btech sites, someone mentioned that for the avengers 2, that agent tripplet is going to be making a cross over appearance..
                                As much as I enjoy the character of Tripplet, I *so* wish it was going to be Melinda May.
                                sigpic
                                Thanks to Starlover1990 for the banner

Comment

Working...
                                X