sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
      I do look forward to Thor 2.
      How does he get back to Earth with the spinning gate thing destroyed?

Can't they just build a new one?
      Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Patty Jenkins announced as the director for Thor 2
        Patty Jenkins has taken a big step into the world of blockbuster moviemaking. The helmer of "Monster" and the pilot for "The Killing" has been chosen to follow up Kenneth Branagh as the director of "Thor 2. Marvel Studios confirmed the rumored pick today.

Jenkins first made a splash directing Charlize Theron to an Academy Award for best actress in Jenkins' feature helping debut "Monster." The filmmaker also received kudos and an Emmy nomination for directing the pilot of AMC’s acclaimed series The Killing and has directed episodes of "Entourage" and "Arrested Development." Jenkins recently directed “Pearl,” one of the five short films that comprise Lifetime’s original movie "Five" which debuts later this month.
        http://www.hitfix.com/articles/the-k...-direct-thor-2

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
        How does he get back to Earth with the spinning gate thing destroyed?

Can't they just build a new one?
        Not sure, but it has been speculated that most of the action in the 2nd movie will take place on Asgard.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by magictrick View Post
          http://www.hitfix.com/articles/the-k...-direct-thor-2

Not sure, but it has been speculated that most of the action in the 2nd movie will take place on Asgard.
          Cool but doesn't Thor join the Avengers? So how do they get to and from Earth with an important part of the bifrost broken?

Also I had issues with that not knowing the full story but how did their battles in the first move affect the sky down on Earth?

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
            Cool but doesn't Thor join the Avengers? So how do they get to and from Earth with an important part of the bifrost broken?

Also I had issues with that not knowing the full story but how did their battles in the first move affect the sky down on Earth?
            I'm not sure how the continuity will play out between Avengers and the other Thor movies. I assume they will address how Thor ends up on Earth in the Avengers, but not sure if it will match with the ending of the Thor movie. And then there's Thor 2, which takes place after Thor but will it take into consideration the Avengers time line? We don't know yet.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by magictrick View Post
              I'm not sure how the continuity will play out between Avengers and the other Thor movies. I assume they will address how Thor ends up on Earth in the Avengers, but not sure if it will match with the ending of the Thor movie. And then there's Thor 2, which takes place after Thor but will it take into consideration the Avengers time line? We don't know yet.
              Well as long as the writers don't cack it up... I'm eager to see this.

Comment

I am really looking forward to seeing how they work out Thor 2. I do hope that they can keep with the film style of the first and make it actually work. It's hard to find a decent squeal that just works.

And I am just as excited to see the Avengers movie. Although, it will be interesting to see how they do timelines.

Comment

I think they can pull this off pretty good.
                  sigpic
                  "...phu...ah..."

Comment

I hope they do because Thor was my favorite marvel movie this year!!! I liked it even more than X-Men but I also loved First Class, got it on blurray last Friday
                    sigpic

Comment

While Thor was good, I didn't think it was better than First Class.
                      sigpic
                      "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                        While Thor was good, I didn't think it was better than First Class.
                        I like them both equally.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                          I like them both equally.
                          Same here.
                          sigpic
                          Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Don't get me wrong though. I really did enjoy Thor, and can't wait for the sequel.
                            sigpic
                            "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Thor 2 rewrite ordered

Chris Hemsworth will be reprising the role of Thor in Marvel's planned 2013 feature, Thor 2. But not before a bit of rewriting work has been sorted out

Over the Christmas break, the director’s chair on Marvel’s Thor 2 was filled, with Alan Taylor (Game Of Thrones). He took the job vacated by the departure from the project of Patty Jenkins (Monster), who had been originally announced to direct.

Presumably related to that is the news now that a rewrite of the script has been ordered. Don Payne, who worked on the first movie, had put together the initial draft of Thor 2. But now, Robert Rodat has been brought on board to take another pass at it.

Rodat’s most recent work has been on the television show Falling Skies, on which he’s also executive producer. His most prominent feature credits are for Saving Private Ryan and The Patriot.

Thor 2 is still scheduled for a November 2013 release.
                              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                                Thor 2 rewrite ordered

Chris Hemsworth will be reprising the role of Thor in Marvel's planned 2013 feature, Thor 2. But not before a bit of rewriting work has been sorted out

Over the Christmas break, the director’s chair on Marvel’s Thor 2 was filled, with Alan Taylor (Game Of Thrones). He took the job vacated by the departure from the project of Patty Jenkins (Monster), who had been originally announced to direct.

Presumably related to that is the news now that a rewrite of the script has been ordered. Don Payne, who worked on the first movie, had put together the initial draft of Thor 2. But now, Robert Rodat has been brought on board to take another pass at it.

Rodat’s most recent work has been on the television show Falling Skies, on which he’s also executive producer. His most prominent feature credits are for Saving Private Ryan and The Patriot.

Thor 2 is still scheduled for a November 2013 release.

Are there any pressing reasons why a rewrite is needed, this sounds not too specific..

Comment

Working...
                                X