No announcement yet.

The Avengers (Marvel) - News/Discussion/Speculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't try to reason or figure out the logic of the Whed-heads Digi.
    I like Sharky
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
      What on Earth is "acceptable" worldwide recognition?
      I think it was meant as "larger demographics"? But I don´t know, audiences tend to be uncertain these days. And it seems to me that people rely more and more on reviews, twitter and FB reactions and a word of mouth before going to the movie theater. It is expensive, so no wonder but it is weird that a movie like fourth Pirates of Caribean, that nobody really liked, was successful anyway and then you have some movie that is great, everybody loved it (critics and viewers alike) and nobody goes to see it.
      I think part of the success of The Avengers is also the hype, I guess but I really stand behind the opinions saying that it lived up to the hype. I loved it. I am not a fanatical Whedon fan (I loved Firefly but I felt that if it had more seasons, it wouldn´t *stay* great) but I agree that he really can work with large cast of strong individuals and write female characters.

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

I'm gonna watch it on Thursday again, still excited as if it would be the first time !
        sigpic

Comment

seeing again tonight with the wife.
          hooray.
          i'm sure you all know but make sure you stay until the end of the credits. i think i said that already anyway.

Comment

That is a great little bit there at the end of the credits. I am glad I stayed for it.
            sigpic
            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
            "...phu...ah..."
            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
              That is a great little bit there at the end of the credits. I am glad I stayed for it.
              at the end of all credits? I stayed until the end but there was nothing else
              Grimm returns October 24
              sigpic

Signature and Avatar by Hyndara71 - Thank you very much
              Profile Picture by BM-Shipper

Comment

The final scene behind the credits was only in the US. I am not sure why but you can find it on youtube.
                Spoiler:
                It is basically only our superheroes sitting around a table, eating schwarma I guess Whedon just told them to eat and then he started filming them

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

Not just the US. The second scene is here in Canada too.
                  "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

and the whole time ruffalo is trying not to crack up.
                    also, giant thor bites
                    lolz

Comment

Im gonna watch it a second time now
                      sigpic

Comment

I really enjoyed this movie. Went with family last Friday, then again on Saturday with my mother (it was mother's day after all ). Husband is going to take the kids again tomorrow to see it in 3D. I'm not a fan of 3D, but am envious of them going again (while I'm at work ).

A side effect I've noticed is that my kids are now renting all of the previous movies and rewatching them. Iron Man 2 can be streamed on Netflix, but the rest we've had to rent or borrow. Fun to see them re-excited about superhero movies.
                        sigpic

Comment

Going to finally see it this afternoon, I hope.
                          sigpic
                          Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

I'm gonna try to go early on Saturday.
                            sigpic

Comment

Loved it even more
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Klenotka View Post
                                I think it was meant as "larger demographics"? But I don´t know, audiences tend to be uncertain these days. And it seems to me that people rely more and more on reviews, twitter and FB reactions and a word of mouth before going to the movie theater. It is expensive, so no wonder but it is weird that a movie like fourth Pirates of Caribean, that nobody really liked, was successful anyway and then you have some movie that is great, everybody loved it (critics and viewers alike) and nobody goes to see it.
                                I agree on Avengers probably "winning" because of demographics (though both will make ridiculous amounts of money). Avengers is far more of a family movie than the Nolan Batman movies are, so there's a wider possible audience, plus it's had 5 movies of buildup, each of which was at least good, if not great.

Comment

Working...
                                X