X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LT. COL. John Sheppard View Post
    just a question
    Spoiler:
    did anyone else think it was cheesy Tony made it through the Portal just as it closed?
    Surely you didn't think
    Spoiler:
    he was going to die?

Re: Stark
    Spoiler:
    I didn't think the film was that focused around Stark. But I would suggest that he had most of the best lines.
    sigpic
    "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily View Post
      Surely you didn't think
      Spoiler:
      he was going to die?

Spoiler:
      i just think it's so cheesy especially when he could've just thrown the nuke into the Portal with out going in himself
      sigpic
      Ohhhhhhhh WHAM BAM THANK YOU MA'AM

Comment

Spoiler:
        i just think it's so cheesy especially when he could've just thrown the nuke into the Portal with out going in himself
        It worked for me because it was his belated response to...
        Spoiler:
        Cap's earlier comment that Starke was a guy who thought only of himself. That he was willing to put his own life on the line for others showed that Cap was wrong about Starke and Starke could step up to the plate when the time came.

Hey, I just noticed that you're from my neck of the woods.
        sigpic
        "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily View Post
          It worked for me because it was his belated response to...
          Spoiler:
          Cap's earlier comment that Starke was a guy who thought only of himself. That he was willing to put his own life on the line for others showed that Cap was wrong about Starke and Starke could step up to the plate when the time came.

Hey, I just noticed that you're from my neck of the woods.
          ah yes i remember that scene
          Spoiler:
          also the scene were it is just cap, Tony and Nick talking about the attack and Nick throws coulsons cap cards on the table then he brings up Tony

your neck of the woods? Burliegh? Gold Coast? Qld? Australia?
          sigpic

Comment

ah yes i remember that scene
            Spoiler:
            also the scene were it is just cap, Tony and Nick talking about the attack and Nick throws coulsons cap cards on the table then he brings up Tony

your neck of the woods? Burliegh? Gold Coast? Qld? Australia?
            Qld. From Brisbane actually.
            sigpic

Comment

Brissay spent 3 years there growing up
              sigpic

Comment

hehe
                Spoiler:
                the one thing i didn't really like about the film was how it was mainly based around Tony
                Spoiler:
                He loves a sound of his own voice But I don´t think so. He was funny and funny characters are usually the most visible. But, of course, RDJ was after all the one who launched the Marvel franchise, so he deserved a little more attention.
                I think the time for him to "die" will come in Avengers 3 - if they really will decide to be inspired by Civil War stories (honestly, I don´t think it is possible to make it work as it did in a comic-book but there may be hints). I just hope RDJ will continue as Tony Stark. He is perfect.
                I liked how Tony proved he was a hero, just his own type of a hero. America took everything seriously, Tony wasn´t irresponsible, but he had fun - but when it came to the saving people part, he didn´t hesitate (not just the nuke but also how he flew into the engine). It was a great part of the movie (and it is in comic-books as well), the contrast of these two men.

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

Originally posted by Klenotka View Post
                  Spoiler:
                  He loves a sound of his own voice But I don´t think so. He was funny and funny characters are usually the most visible. But, of course, RDJ was after all the one who launched the Marvel franchise, so he deserved a little more attention.
                  I think the time for him to "die" will come in Avengers 3 - if they really will decide to be inspired by Civil War stories (honestly, I don´t think it is possible to make it work as it did in a comic-book but there may be hints). I just hope RDJ will continue as Tony Stark. He is perfect.
                  I liked how Tony proved he was a hero, just his own type of a hero. America took everything seriously, Tony wasn´t irresponsible, but he had fun - but when it came to the saving people part, he didn´t hesitate (not just the nuke but also how he flew into the engine). It was a great part of the movie (and it is in comic-books as well), the contrast of these two men.
                  Spoiler:
                  he was funny but i laughed the most at the end when the Hulk is facing Loki and Loki goes 'i am a god a will not be bullied' then Hulk starts bashing him also when him and Thor bring down that thing and he hits Thor personally i thought the funniest was a tie between Tony & Bruce i also loved how well they got along in the film as well
                  sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                    Yes, at the end, they got along Hulk vs. Loki was the funniest part, I think but Loki kept getting his ass kicked - Coulson shot him, Iron Man shot him and Hulk wiped the floor with him

I loved the dialogue between Banner and Stark. How Tony tried to tell Banner that he could control it. I mean, the team was very well balanced - there were two real superheroes (Cap and Thor), then two normal humans who are physically fit with some great skills (Hawkeye and Widow) and then Banner and Stark, who are not your typical heroes because they made strengths from their weaknesses. Banner tends to turn into a green monster he can´t always control, and Stark has shrapnels aiming to his heart and only a piece of a technology keeps him alive.

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

Originally posted by Klenotka View Post
                      Spoiler:
                      Yes, at the end, they got along Hulk vs. Loki was the funniest part, I think but Loki kept getting his ass kicked - Coulson shot him, Iron Man shot him and Hulk wiped the floor with him

I loved the dialogue between Banner and Stark. How Tony tried to tell Banner that he could control it. I mean, the team was very well balanced - there were two real superheroes (Cap and Thor), then two normal humans who are physically fit with some great skills (Hawkeye and Widow) and then Banner and Stark, who are not your typical heroes because they made strengths from their weaknesses. Banner tends to turn into a green monster he can´t always control, and Stark has shrapnels aiming to his heart and only a piece of a technology keeps him alive.
                      Spoiler:

Coulson: even i don't know what it does
                      Loki stabs Coulson
                      Coulson dying on the ground shoots Loki
                      Coulson: Oh so thats what it does

i found the A at the end kinnda cheesy but still kindda funny
                      sigpic

Comment

Going to watch it again today!
                        sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                          So does that mean that Stark tower will also become the Avengers HQ when they are needed?

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
                            Spoiler:
                            So does that mean that Stark tower will also become the Avengers HQ when they are needed?
                            Spoiler:
                            if they don't reconstruct the Helipad thing
                            sigpic

Comment

why are we still using spoilers. the movie is out worldwide. if people don't want to be spoiled about events in the movie they shouldn't be looking at the thread - in fact, why would they be?

its so annoying to read a discussion loaded with spoiler buttons.

Comment

Originally posted by Morbo View Post
                                why are we still using spoilers. the movie is out worldwide. if people don't want to be spoiled about events in the movie they shouldn't be looking at the thread - in fact, why would they be?

its so annoying to read a discussion loaded with spoiler buttons.
                                then don't read the discussion
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X