The Avengers (Marvel) - News/Discussion/Speculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Morbo View Post
    why are we still using spoilers. the movie is out worldwide. if people don't want to be spoiled about events in the movie they shouldn't be looking at the thread - in fact, why would they be?

its so annoying to read a discussion loaded with spoiler buttons.
    Start reading a few pages back. People still haven't seen it for various reasons.

sigpic

Comment

I think it is fair to assume that not everybody has seen it.

Teddybrown: I believe so.

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

Regarding the use of spoilers using myself as an example.
        I didnt know when I was going to able to see this film in the cinema, but I liked coming here to see other peoples views and opinions on the film and I knew that the users here respected that others hadnt seen the film and so used spoiler tags for their reviews, so that others who havent been able to see the film yet wernt spoiled.
        Just because you have seen a film first, doesnt mean you have to spoil it for everyone else.
        And as others have said, it is widely known on this thread that some people havent been able to see it yet, or dont know when they will be able to see it (I was included in that group till Friday).
        Not everyone is able to see a film on its first day of release.

So thats why we are still using spoilers.

Comment

I'm still amazed on how well this movie worked and was not overloaded with all the superheroes which I was afraid at first but I knew joss whedon would find a way to make it work!
          Spoiler:
          who was the red guy at the end of the movie? Do we know him from the comics or is he an entirely new villain? I loved the fact that it was the first time with Thor that we had an alien encounter although there were already some superheroes on earth but not beyond it
          sigpic

Comment

I really loved the movie. Any complaints I have were mostly nitpicky except for
            Spoiler:
            at the end I thought Hulk got a little too much hero spotlight. He single-handedly crushed the main villain, OK fine. But he also caught the falling Tony Stark (even though he can't fly and he'd fallen almost all the way down. And then yelled him back to life just because? Both of those tasks seemed like they were more logically suited to Thor, and I figure he should have gotten to do at least one of them. The movie already established Thor can recharge Iron Man's armor.

That guy is
            Spoiler:
            Thanos. My understanding is that, in essence, he's in love with death and spends his life searching for ultimate cosmic power. As Marvel villains go, I don't think they get any bigger than him. Galactus maybe?
            Last edited by Infinite-Possibilities; 15 May 2012, 10:12 PM.
            "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

when they make a second one is it possible that it'll include
              Spoiler:
              Wolverine and some from the X-Men side of things
              sigpic
              Ohhhhhhhh WHAM BAM THANK YOU MA'AM

Comment

Originally posted by LT. COL. John Sheppard View Post
                when they make a second one is it possible that it'll include
                Spoiler:
                Wolverine and some from the X-Men side of things
                Fox has the movie rights for X-men, not Marvel Studios, so unlikely at best. Same reason we won't see Spiderman (but different studio in that case).

Comment

Two interesting facts about this film.
                  Spoiler:
                  Meanwhile someone with too much time on their hands at a disaster-cost predictment firm worked out that the damage done to Manhattan in The Avengers' final battle would have cost $160 billion, while someone else with too much time on their hands over at Vulture decided to answer a question we've all been wondering - just how much screen time does each of Earth's Mightiest Heroes enjoy? Chris Evans' Captain America comes in first with 37:42, followed by Iron Man (Robert Downey Jr.) with 37:01, Black Widow (Scarlett Johansson) with 33:35, Bruce Banner / The Hulk (Mark Ruffalo) with 28:03, Thor (Chris Hemsworth) with 25:52 and poor old Hawkeye (Jeremy Renner) taking home the wooden spoon with 12:44...

2nd fact is actually how much screentime each hero gets, and it is pretty even.

Comment

Gonna watch it on Thursday again
                    sigpic

Comment

Apparently Scarlett Johansson has been in talks with Marvel producers to have her own origin story...
                      Also, anyone else think
                      Spoiler:
                      Hawkeye is a badass marksman, literally every time he took a shot, the whole audience went wow
                      Last edited by Teddybrown; 13 May 2012, 10:01 AM.

Comment

And in its second weekend, The Avengers has knocked TDK out of the #11 spot of highest-grossing films of all time. I am impressed! I still think TDKR will beat it but wow is that ever impressive. I was also reading that ticket presales for The Avengers were more than Cap, Thor, Iron Man, and Iron Man 2's presales....combined

I'm planning on going to see it myself in a couple hours...fingers crossed nothing goes wrong!
                        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                          And in its second weekend, The Avengers has knocked TDK out of the #11 spot of highest-grossing films of all time. I am impressed! I still think TDKR will beat it but wow is that ever impressive. I was also reading that ticket presales for The Avengers were more than Cap, Thor, Iron Man, and Iron Man 2's presales....combined

I'm planning on going to see it myself in a couple hours...fingers crossed nothing goes wrong!
                          Have fun, Digi! And I'm glad that there are talks about the black widow movie, she deserved it ! Hopefully whedon will be involved..
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
                            Apparently Scarlett Johansson has been in talks with Marvel producers to have her own origin story...
                            Also, anyone else think
                            Spoiler:
                            Hawkeye is a badass marksman, literally every time he took a shot, the whole audience went wow
                            I'd like that!

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                            Have fun!
                            sigpic

Comment

As of today. This movie has made $1 Billion World Wide. It made it past The Dark Knight

Comment

Look up 3 posts, dude
                                "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Working...
                                X