Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
    So your reasoning is....your wrong take on Batman Okay then

Nah I'm just teasing of course. But realistically, by financial track record, I'm sure Avengers will continue to do very well and creep even higher up the chart than where it already is. But if the financial success of TDK vs. the comparatively much smaller financial take of Marvel properties (as I said, the only ones that have currently cracked the top 40 all-timers are the Spider Man trilogy, which aren't part of this cinematic universe) is any indication--and there's really no reason to expect otherwise--TDKR will blow Avengers out of the water.

And once again--I don't mean this as a knock on The Avengers. Every other movie in this Marvel cinematic universe have been fantastic and I fully expect it to continue to be so. I can't wait to see it, I'm going to try to see if I can get out to see it this weekend!
    We´ll see I have to admit, I am a little tired by that Marvel vs. DC stuff going on, especially on IMDB boards. They are both different movies, and I believe I can enjoy both. I just didn´t like TDK too much but it doesn´t mean I will have problems with TDKR. If it will be more balanced, then it could be a very good movie I´ll just wait for reviews. It is just different with The Avengers because I have been waiting for them since I started reading comic-books and I ran to the theater one day after a premiere I also like Batman but I never really read too many comic-books with him so I am not rewatching trailers and teasers as I did with The Avengers. I´ll just wait and see
    Last edited by Klenotka; 11 May 2012, 09:32 AM.

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

It's just that when it comes down to the dollars and cents, Nolan's Batman has cleaned the Marvel Cinematic Universe's collective clocks.

I enjoy stuff from both camps myself. And really, as much as I love BB/TDK and the DC universe in general, the Marvel crew has done a much more consistent job of putting out quality films. Incredible Hulk/Cap/IM 1&2/even Thor, all good stuff. On the DC side....BB/TDK are about it. DC's strengths, generally, seem to lay in print and animation moreso than live-action.

Of course, both sides have certainly had their mis-steps. Spider-Man 3, X-Men 3, and the Fantastic Four movies spring immediately to mind on the Marvel side. Meanwhile DC's put out wonderful stinkers like Schumacher's two Batman movies, Green Lantern, Jonah Hex and *shudder* Catwoman.

I guess this is my roundabout way of saying that I completely agree: there's good stuff and bad stuff on both sides of the aisle, and the "vs." is tiresome and unnecessary. Why can't we all just get along?
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post

It's just that when it comes down to the dollars and cents, Nolan's Batman has cleaned the Marvel Cinematic Universe's collective clocks.

I enjoy stuff from both camps myself. And really, as much as I love BB/TDK and the DC universe in general, the Marvel crew has done a much more consistent job of putting out quality films. Incredible Hulk/Cap/IM 1&2/even Thor, all good stuff. On the DC side....BB/TDK are about it. DC's strengths, generally, seem to lay in print and animation moreso than live-action.

Of course, both sides have certainly had their mis-steps. Spider-Man 3, X-Men 3, and the Fantastic Four movies spring immediately to mind on the Marvel side. Meanwhile DC's put out wonderful stinkers like Schumacher's two Batman movies, Green Lantern, Jonah Hex and *shudder* Catwoman.

I guess this is my roundabout way of saying that I completely agree: there's good stuff and bad stuff on both sides of the aisle, and the "vs." is tiresome and unnecessary. Why can't we all just get along?
        Generally speaking I think it's safe to say that the majority of superhero movies out there still aren't that great. I personally was not a fan of any of the X-Mens apart from First Class. They were ok but they just lacked a certain spark in the script. Spiderman films were always too geared up towards the child audience in my mind, same with fantastic four and Green Lantern was a bit of a train wreck. Really I think the only superhero films that have done well in my mind are in fact the Avengers saga of films, BB and TDK.
        Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Its not really about your personal opinion about what superhero movies are good and which ones are bad. Its about which ones have made the money to be called sucess
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

I thought Constantine was a good adaption although it wasn't really accurate to the comic ( hello, john carter blond hair and not at all Keanu reeves type ) but still...you are right, marvel movies seems to do a lot better than DC even Green Lantern flopped... ( I mean even I didn't like it and i like most of the comic book movies ! )
            sigpic

Comment

Well, just got back and heres my view.
              Very very good film, has a bit of everything in there, drama, action, comedy, and just a smidgeon of icky romance.
              I was sad to see
              Spoiler:
              that Agent Coulson get killed by Loki

I was suprised by how spread out the movie was for all the superheroes. They all got their little bits and character expansions and no one really got more limelight than someone else.
              Spoiler:

Our heroes duking it out against eachother was nice to see, especially Thor vs Iron Man and Thor vs the Hulk
              The final showdown was very well filmed and each hero seemed to get their bout with Loki, the Hulks has to be the best though...
              Was abit obvious that Iron Man would survice the nuke part as he does have an Iron Man 3 coming up, but thats just a small niggle lol

I was slightly confused by some parts as I havent seen some of the prelude films (Thor and Capt America) but by the end, I understood most of what I didnt get

What were the scenes after the credits that we always get as I was rushed out of the cinema and Im not sure whether I saw them.
              I saw
              Spoiler:
              the remnants of the alien ship and the alien saying that to defeat us is to court with death or something like that

Were there any others?

Overall, a very good film and very good performances all round, though I may go back and watch it again in 2D.

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
                Spoiler:
                The final showdown was very well filmed and each hero seemed to get their bout with Loki, the Hulks has to be the best though...
                Was abit obvious that Iron Man would survice the nuke part as he does have an Iron Man 3 coming up, but thats just a small niggle lol
                Spoiler:
                Technically, they could have set IM3 pre-Avengers if they really wanted to kill him off. BUT I WOULD NEVER FORGIVE THEM. 8[

What were the scenes after the credits that we always get as I was rushed out of the cinema and Im not sure whether I saw them.
                I saw
                Spoiler:
                the remnants of the alien ship and the alien saying that to defeat us is to court with death or something like that

Were there any others?
                I think that was it.
                || twitter || tumblr ||

Comment

Originally posted by WingedPegasus View Post
                  Spoiler:
                  Technically, they could have set IM3 pre-Avengers if they really wanted to kill him off. BUT I WOULD NEVER FORGIVE THEM. 8[

I think that was it.
                  Ah yes, true, didnt think of that, but I still dont think they would have

And, good good, but if not, Ill hopefully see it again in the cinema so Ill stay till the end then.

Answered my own question.
                  Last edited by Teddybrown; 11 May 2012, 08:54 AM.

Comment

Well, just got back and heres my view.
                    Very very good film, has a bit of everything in there, drama, action, comedy, and just a smidgeon of icky romance.
                    I was sad to see
                    Spoiler:
                    that Agent Coulson get killed by Loki

I was suprised by how spread out the movie was for all the superheroes. They all got their little bits and character expansions and no one really got more limelight than someone else.
                    Spoiler:

Our heroes duking it out against eachother was nice to see, especially Thor vs Iron Man and Thor vs the Hulk

I was slightly confused by some parts as I havent seen some of the prelude films (Thor and Capt America) but by the end, I understood most of what I didnt get

I saw
                    Spoiler:

Were there any others?

Overall, a very good film and very good performances all round, though I may go back and watch it again in 2D.
                    In the U.S. there is a second scene. Probably due to the fact that most of the world got the movie first. The second scene at the very end of the credits is very simple. The heroes & Thor sitting down & eating shawarma. No sound effects, no music & no dialogue. Thats it. Then it goes to blank

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                      Its not really about your personal opinion about what superhero movies are good and which ones are bad. Its about which ones have made the money to be called sucess
                      Ironically, usually the worst got the most money. Spiderman 3 was really bad, X-Men 3 was...well, it´s not fair to blame Rattner as people always do (he came in only few weeks before the shooting, with FOX constantly breathing on his neck) but there were some good parts, but as a movie, it was the worst from all the X-Men movies. And those made the most money. I heard that work for FOX really isn´t easy since they want to have a complete control. I am surprised that The First Class was that good, considering the short time they had to make it and with the script changes.

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

I watched it, watched it, watched it,and it became one of my favorite of all time! Now I appreciate captain America even more because it was my least favorite. I hope they do a black widow movie someday and directed by joss whedon of course, some in the cinema even applauded when the credits rolled it was truly a special experience and I should be watched in the cinemas, can't wait to watch it again before it goes from the cinemas. Can't wait for cap 2, Thor 2, iron man 3 and avengers 2, the avengers franchise is now one of my favorite movie franchises ( still does not top Nolan's batman though but different so you really can't compare them somewhat )
                        sigpic

Comment

That's what I felt. That's what I think makes this film a cut above all the X-Men movies (and yes, even First Class which was largely about the performances of McAvoy and Fassbender).
                          It's the Whedon touch methinks.
                          sigpic
                          "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

just a question
                            Spoiler:
                            did anyone else think it was cheesy Tony made it through the Portal just as it closed?
                            sigpic
                            Ohhhhhhhh WHAM BAM THANK YOU MA'AM

Comment

Originally posted by LT. COL. John Sheppard View Post
                              just a question
                              Spoiler:
                              did anyone else think it was cheesy Tony made it through the Portal just as it closed?
                              Spoiler:
                              I was sitting in the theatre thinking, "Theres an Iron Man 3, so he must make it" to be honest lol.

Comment

Spoiler:
                                I was sitting in the theatre thinking, "Theres an Iron Man 3, so he must make it" to be honest lol.
                                hehe
                                Spoiler:
                                the one thing i didn't really like about the film was how it was mainly based around Tony
                                sigpic
                                Ohhhhhhhh WHAM BAM THANK YOU MA'AM

Comment

Working...
                                X