No announcement yet.

What Kate Did (209)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You ever think that just because her parents seperated at 5, that doesn't mean that the guy she thought was her father was out of her life? I mean she did still call him daddy, so she must have had some sort of relationship with him. And when she asked him why he never told her that Wayne was her real father, she had found out because she was making him a photo scrapbook. So he wasn't out of her life when she was 5 years old.

Comment

Originally posted by Arative
      You ever think that just because her parents seperated at 5, that doesn't mean that the guy she thought was her father was out of her life? I mean she did still call him daddy, so she must have had some sort of relationship with him. And when she asked him why he never told her that Wayne was her real father, she had found out because she was making him a photo scrapbook. So he wasn't out of her life when she was 5 years old.
      Sorry - I wasn't specific enough. What I meant was, since they separated when she was only five, this man who would only have had a part time role in her life knew she would kill wayne if she ever found out that he was her real father.

I'm sorry, but that's just corny - he probably knew kate hated wayne, but murder? regardless if it's possible, and regardless if it is elaborated upon in her future flashbacks, it's not plausible in this particular LOST moment. the second i heard that line, i cringed - it just didn't work.

and, of course, they followed it with a scene where kate said exactly what needed to be said to make the episode make sense = bad writing x2. but, i liked the concept of wayne's ghost in sawyer as well as the way it played out after he woke up. it was just on-the-nose dialogue, which is crap.

Comment

Originally posted by Morbo
        sorry bud, you're not getting an episode next week.
        Far as I know the next episode isn't until January.
        That's why the preview didn't say "next week" it just said "Wednesdays at 9pm"
        Yes we are getting a 210 this wednesday! Check Lost web site! http://abc.go.com/primetime/lost/

Comment

Originally posted by Erised
          Yes we are getting a 210 this wednesday! Check Lost web site! http://abc.go.com/primetime/lost/
          um, sorry, but "everybody hates hugo" is ep 204 again.

no new lost till january

Comment

Originally posted by Arative
            I would assume so. In S1’s, “All the Best Cowboys Have Daddy Issues,” she mentioned to Jack that she learned how to track animals from her dad.

“My dad was in the army. Ranger Battalion. We were stationed in Fort Lewis, Washington State. We'd go hiking together. One day we spend 8 hours tracking deer. Being in the woods, it was like, it was like his religion.”

I seriously doubt you'd take a 5-yr-old on an 8 HOUR hike. Unless you really like to torture yourself. But then the “we were stationed in Ft. Lewis” doesn’t make any sense. Whatever. That whole “Because I don't have murder in my heart” from her “father” in this ep didn’t make much sense either. That was a dumb line of dialogue, imo.
            IMO always implied.

Comment

With the way this show goes...I'm waiting for the rest of Kate's story. Can't believe that we've seen it all yet. If we have, pretty lame (in regards to the entire story we're being strung out on)

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar1836
                “My dad was in the army. Ranger Battalion. We were stationed in Fort Lewis, Washington State. We'd go hiking together. One day we spend 8 hours tracking deer. Being in the woods, it was like, it was like his religion.”

I seriously doubt you'd take a 5-yr-old on an 8 HOUR hike. Unless you really like to torture yourself. But then the “we were stationed in Ft. Lewis” doesn’t make any sense. Whatever. That whole “Because I don't have murder in my heart” from her “father” in this ep didn’t make much sense either. That was a dumb line of dialogue, imo.
                I suppose this could be a plot hole. Although I wish they would pay a wee bit more attention to continuity, even if it is a crazy show. But as leaper said, I think I'll wait for more of her backstory before I make a judgement. You can never quite tell where the story is taking you.

Comment

Originally posted by Cinephilic TV Addict
                  um, sorry, but "everybody hates hugo" is ep 204 again.

no new lost till january
                  o.O damn

Comment

They pretty clearly established that Kate maintained her relationship with her Army dad long after the separation. The dialogue was a little fake, but I don't think it introduced any plot holes.
                    "For now, you are in need of food and rest, and I am in need of armor"

Comment

Of course, Kate could be lying. She's proven to be pretty good at deceiving people and manipulating them. Even on the Island she hasn't stopped. Remember back on the plane where the Marshall says something like, "Maybe they'll believe your story." She told him something he hadn't heard before, and because he pretty much guessed her motivations correctly the first time, we can only assume she told him some kind of crazy story that was false. It's safe to assume that, for at least the first season of the show, we could trust nothing that came out of Kate's mouth. Probably still can't...

There seems to be a running gag where when characters lie about where they're from, they say they're from Canada. Ethan did it, and so did Kate. I guess we know what to look for now in hidden bad guys: don't trust the Canadians!

Through Life's dull road, so dim and dirty
                      I have dragged to three-and-thirty.
                      What have these years left to me?
                      Nothing, except thirty-three.

- Lord Byron

Dispatches From the Suburbs of Hell

The Pit

Comment

Originally posted by Cinephilic TV Addict
                        This was really the only bad part of the episode - I'm pretty sure Kate's father said he separated from her mother when Kate was only FIVE years old.

And yet, he knew she'd kill Wayne. That's just bad writing. And then Kate goes ahead and tells 'the ghost of wayne' exactly what she's feeling (on-the-nose dialogue), and that part was also bad.
                        Haha, that is pretty corny. A 5 year old being liable to kill her own daddy. Maybe if she was a teenager, it'd work, but at 5? Nah. Maybe he meant that he knew that in the later years, when she was stronger and more capable of killing him, she would. I think it would have made more sense if she had killed him when she was a teenager. I don't think one could endure abuse like that as a kid and finally crack 20 or whatever years later. Come on...

Originally posted by Cinephilic Tv Addict
                        no new lost till january
                        WTF???

...I can wait. I'm patient...I am...I'm very patient...

yep...
                        TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

Originally posted by The Shadow
                          I was five when I beat down a stranger who broke into my house in the middle of the night when my parents weren't home. I got shot in the shoulder and the bullet got lodged in, but I had a very quick reflex so I pounced the guy and sticked the guy with a glass shred. I was very lucky!! And LUCKY IS GOOD!!!!
                          HOLY COW! Did you really? What happened after that...did he run? How long until help came?

Comment

what did that whole kate/jack kiss really mean? or what i really want to know is; why did jack act the way he did with that kiss? he acted funny, like he either didn't want it or he suspected kate didn't. i wanted to hit him when he didn't get into it the way he should have.

sally
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

Jack knew she was upset and didn't want to take advantage. Sawyer represents Wayne while Jack represents the 'good guy'.
                              "For now, you are in need of food and rest, and I am in need of armor"

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
                                I assumed that they did splice all of Eko's film in - it didn't look like it was much anyway. Eko seems like he recognizes the Dharma symbols - since he was wearing a suit when the plane crashed, I wonder if he is some sort of executive with the company (but doesn't necessarily know about this "experiment").

O-Ra - that was cool about the TV in the background when Kate was talking to her real dad!
                                i think he recognized the symbol because it was on the wall of the other station they where hiding in on the other side of the island.
                                Last edited by ste; 14 December 2005, 05:25 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X