No announcement yet.

What Kate Did (209)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How can her mother have loved a man who beat her up? The crazy woman. She should have left him when he hit her the first time! She would have gotten over that "love." Everyone does.
    And what sort of a mother wishes her child to be in jail? I have yet to see a loving mom who would want her kid to be in jail even if that kid killed someone without reason. But here... there were all these reasons and she just got rid of her daughter because she killed some crap alcoholic!

Comment

I liked this episode a lot! Finally, Lost has come out of it's slump. Though I found Kate's original crime extremely disappointing (she only killed her father, I expected so much more from Lost) at last the spiritual component has come back. I believe that the producers revealed a bit too much in the premiere episodes, and this has corresponded with Lost's drop in viewership (it was in 8th last week!). The horse, as well as Locke and Eko's interactions and Walt's communique with Michael, are making the show uncertain and I find uncertainty comforting, even though I enjoy the whole Dharma iniative thing.
      Spoiler:
      Check out my fanfiction! http://www.fanfiction.net/~memnarch

Comment

Originally posted by Erised
        How can her mother have loved a man who beat her up?
        It happens, unfortunately...
        Through Life's dull road, so dim and dirty
        I have dragged to three-and-thirty.
        What have these years left to me?
        Nothing, except thirty-three.

- Lord Byron

Dispatches From the Suburbs of Hell

The Pit

Comment

some people are also scared if they divorce split whatever he will want revenge so they are scared to split

Comment

Originally posted by Erised
            How can her mother have loved a man who beat her up? The crazy woman. She should have left him when he hit her the first time! She would have gotten over that "love." Everyone does.
            And what sort of a mother wishes her child to be in jail? I have yet to see a loving mom who would want her kid to be in jail even if that kid killed someone without reason. But here... there were all these reasons and she just got rid of her daughter because she killed some crap alcoholic!

I SOOOO agree with you Erised. I don't know how can any mother care more about the husband than her own FLESH AND BLOOD!!! That's JUST WRONG!!!

If I was Kate, I would have done the exact same thing. So maybe Wayne knew Kate was going to kill him, I was five when I beat down a stranger who broke into my house in the middle of the night when my parents weren't home. I got shot in the shoulder and the bullet got lodged in, but I had a very quick reflex so I pounced the guy and sticked the guy with a glass shred. I was very lucky!! And LUCKY IS GOOD!!!!

"Tibet is not a contact information, it's a country. Why not just write Earth while you're at it, incase anyone needs to know where Tibet is?"- Ingrid from Uptown Girls

Comment

Originally posted by The Shadow
              I SOOOO agree with you Erised. I don't know how can any mother care more about the husband than her own FLESH AND BLOOD!!! That's JUST WRONG!!!
              But - and this IS absolutely true - TV would not be interesting if characters in drama always did the right thing. plain and simple - characters can't be perfect.

I will agree, though, that having Kate kill her father was the WRONG move, but not on moral grounds, on writing bounds - LOST needs to stop with the daddy issues. It's HACKNEYED, REPETITIVE, and BORING.

I mean, Jesus! - What Kate Did? Her original crime was her most boring flashback yet - that's a pure, utter no-no. There is no excuse for that - it should have been something better.

(Although, for the record, I still think this episode is the best of the season so far).

Comment

It's also why Locke calls him Hugo, and everyone else calls him Hurley. He never told anyone his name was Hugo. But Locke knows.

It wasn't really Hurley's box company. He owned it, but through his accountant/investor. I doubt he ever even visited it. Hurley's name probably got around the island, and Locke prefers not using nicknames.

Locke explicitly said that the video brought back was part of the original film.
                "For now, you are in need of food and rest, and I am in need of armor"

Comment

Originally posted by The Shadow

If I was Kate, I would have done the exact same thing. So maybe Wayne knew Kate was going to kill him, I was five when I beat down a stranger who broke into my house in the middle of the night when my parents weren't home. I got shot in the shoulder and the bullet got lodged in, but I had a very quick reflex so I pounced the guy and sticked the guy with a glass shred. I was very lucky!! And LUCKY IS GOOD!!!!
                  Omg! you poor thing! I'd green you but I used up all the points for the next 24 hours, so I'll green you tomorrow!

Comment

right with all the footage they showed on the episode of the "film" i listened carefully as it went along for what seemed like jumps and i counted 3 (this is just from the footage in this episode) and after they added the new part of the film i still counted 3 as after the new film part is still missing (if u watch carefully)

Comment

Originally posted by sitheguy78
                      right with all the footage they showed on the episode of the "film" i listened carefully as it went along for what seemed like jumps and i counted 3 (this is just from the footage in this episode) and after they added the new part of the film i still counted 3 as after the new film part is still missing (if u watch carefully)
                      but the thing is that the three jumps you counted can be just bad splices, which could mean a simple frame (1/24th of a second) or two would be missing.

don't get me wrong - i hope there's more missing film, but i don't know if the writer's may think it'd be redundant to discover another missing piece.

Comment

I had a feeling that these last few "bad" episodes were just introducing the new tail-end characters, thus providing more flashback material, and after it was done we would be back to normal LOST. It's cool to be right.

The last few flashbacks have been quite pointless and boring, but I loved this one. Good to see they can still write good backstories for characters that have already had a few episodes dedicated to them.

The most LOST-esque (is that a word?) part of this episode was the ending. It leaves you waiting for more, and as much as you hate it, you love to hate it. The last few episodes didn't really have me waiting for more, and though that was refreshing for one episode, it got repetitive after Ep 4.

Also... anyone notice the hand coming in on the right side of the screen, when Sawyer and Kate see the horse.
                        Last edited by Qtyled; 03 December 2005, 07:53 AM.

Comment

Something disturbing just occured to me, upon further reflection. Whe Kate confronts her father and wants to know why he never told her Wayne was her real father, her father says, "Because I knew you would kill him."

He knew she would kill him. He knew she was capable of killing. Her father is in the military, and Kate has hinted that he taught her a few things. But is it more that than? Does Kate actually have some kind of military training? Thinking back, the flashbacks we've seen with Kate on the run bring to mind an image of a professional. We never once saw Kate panic or flee wildly; everything she's done has been focused and methodical.

How old is Kate supposed to be, anyway? Old enough to be a soldier?
                          Through Life's dull road, so dim and dirty
                          I have dragged to three-and-thirty.
                          What have these years left to me?
                          Nothing, except thirty-three.

- Lord Byron

Dispatches From the Suburbs of Hell

The Pit

Comment

She was 24 in the more recent flashback. I don't think she's trained to be a killer. I never saw her actions as being 'methodical' so much as being of someone who'd been on the run for a few years.
                            "For now, you are in need of food and rest, and I am in need of armor"

Comment

Originally posted by Thermonuclearboy
                              Something disturbing just occured to me, upon further reflection. Whe Kate confronts her father and wants to know why he never told her Wayne was her real father, her father says, "Because I knew you would kill him."

He knew she would kill him. He knew she was capable of killing. Her father is in the military, and Kate has hinted that he taught her a few things. But is it more that than? Does Kate actually have some kind of military training? Thinking back, the flashbacks we've seen with Kate on the run bring to mind an image of a professional. We never once saw Kate panic or flee wildly; everything she's done has been focused and methodical.

How old is Kate supposed to be, anyway? Old enough to be a soldier?
                              This was really the only bad part of the episode - I'm pretty sure Kate's father said he separated from her mother when Kate was only FIVE years old.

And yet, he knew she'd kill Wayne. That's just bad writing. And then Kate goes ahead and tells 'the ghost of wayne' exactly what she's feeling (on-the-nose dialogue), and that part was also bad.

But then Sawyer woke up with one of his wisecracks the the rest of the episode was good.

basically, this would have been a great episode if 1) that last flashback and the dialogue right after it had been better, and 2) if kate's original crime had been something that wasn't hackneyed.

Comment

I also thought that "I knew you would have killed him" part was extremely bad written. First of all, a 5 year old will have a real job killing a grown man, and second of all... a 5 year old doesn't have so much hate inside...

well, you know what I mean.

Comment

Working...
                                X