Orientation (203)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Darren
    I think Jin really speaks English, and the network just spoiled it to try and tease people into tuning in (as if 20 million weren't already).
    agreed! I personally think that he could speak english all along, and only faked not being able to so as to not blow his cover with Sun. And once she showed that she could speak english, he felt like since he made a big deal out of her keeping it from him, he had to not show that he can too. or else he'd have to eat his words.
    Save us from danger, save us from evil
    Servatis a periculum, Servatis a maleficum

Comment

Originally posted by Darren
      I think Jin really speaks English, and the network just spoiled it to try and tease people into tuning in (as if 20 million weren't already).
      I've always suspected that he could. There were hints all throughout S1.
      sigpic

Comment

Just a few questions:

1. Why is there so much untouched food in the bunker. The storeroom is FULL. If Desmond and Kelvin(?) were there for years, shouldn't that room be almost bare? Is the whole bunker a stage?

2. What's in the vials that Desmond was injecting himself with? Jack was just beginning to look at them when he was interrupted.

3. Why did Desmond ignore all of the banging on the hatch, but turn on the light every once in a while, especially when Locke was pounding on it?

4. Alvar Hanso looks like William B. Davis, the actor who played the Cigarette Smoing Man from the X-Files.

5. Did anyone notice the large red EXIT sign over the scientist's shoulder whille he was talking about keeping the countdown time running. The rest of the film's backdrop is dark and generic. The red sign jumps out. Coincidence?

6. Has anyone looked at the pattern of the dots and dashes in the Dharma Initiative logo? Could it be Morse code or something like it? I looked up Morse but it doesn't quite fit with a regular alphabet. There might be something there.

Comment

Originally posted by chicagorob1
          1. Why is there so much untouched food in the bunker. The storeroom is FULL. If Desmond and Kelvin(?) were there for years, shouldn't that room be almost bare? Is the whole bunker a stage?
          Jack tried to get Desmond to answer that question, but Desmond ran off.

2. What's in the vials that Desmond was injecting himself with? Jack was just beginning to look at them when he was interrupted.
          You would think that Jack (being a doctor) would be VERY interested in any meds - not only to know what Desmond was up to, but to see if they could be beneficial to any of the other survivors. Certainly they are short of all meds by now.

3. Why did Desmond ignore all of the banging on the hatch, but turn on the light every once in a while, especially when Locke was pounding on it?
          The light still seems to be a mystery.

5. Did anyone notice the large red EXIT sign over the scientist's shoulder whille he was talking about keeping the countdown time running. The rest of the film's backdrop is dark and generic. The red sign jumps out. Coincidence?

6. Has anyone looked at the pattern of the dots and dashes in the Dharma Initiative logo? Could it be Morse code or something like it? I looked up Morse but it doesn't quite fit with a regular alphabet. There might be something there.
          I need to see that film again. Bah, everytime I think of watching it on the Hanso page, I'm at work and can't. *LOL* The idea of morse code on the film is interesting! I can't decipher it though. Any military types around who can check?

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by twiggy
            agreed! I personally think that he could speak english all along, and only faked not being able to so as to not blow his cover with Sun. And once she showed that she could speak english, he felt like since he made a big deal out of her keeping it from him, he had to not show that he can too. or else he'd have to eat his words.
            NOT to flame anyone, But boy that theory sounds familiar. Sounds a lot like what I said 3 days ago in this very same thread. It seems posts from members with low post counts get overlooked quite often.

I think there's a lot more to Jin's past than has been shown thus far. I know my comments seem to put Jin's character in Alias, but I think it could be a valid possibility.

Comment

Originally posted by GateGeak
              NOT to flame anyone, But boy that theory sounds familiar. Sounds a lot like what I said 3 days ago in this very same thread. It seems posts from members with low post counts get overlooked quite often.

I think there's a lot more to Jin's past than has been shown thus far. I know my comments seem to put Jin's character in Alias, but I think it could be a valid possibility.
              Instead of assuming the worst about people, why don't you try and assume the best. It's quite possible that your post wasn't intentionally overlooked. If people use the "subscribe to thread" feature or the "new post" feature and click on "view first unread" then it's quite possible that the program skipped them past your post and they never even realized it. I know it's happened to me before. In fact it may have happened with the very post of yours we're talking about.

Instead of playing "I said it first" why don't you add to what's there and go from there.
              sigpic

Comment

My vote is still on it being either not Jin (the actor or something) or something else. It's too much of a tip off, they NEVER give us that much information in the coming attractions.

Could also be someone elses dream sequence, similar to Claire seeing Locke in her dream.
                "For now, you are in need of food and rest, and I am in need of armor"

Comment

Oh, please! We aren't seriously going to have a pissing contest over who said what first, are we?

Sometimes it's just a matter of when people are willing to entertain certain ideas. I posted lots about my theory regarding the cylons last season and folks are only now beginning to go, "Hey. what if...?" I fell like smacking my head sometimes, but what's the point of getting sulky with people over it?

And as was already said, sometimes posts just get overlooked. It isn't a deliberate and malicious attempt to dump on a newbie, it's just a fact of life.

How about adding to the theory and spinning off ideas instead of b****ing about bragging rights.

For instance: While I still don't like the idea of Jin being an English speaker, what if he's in on the whole Dharma project? Or maybe Dharma is Lost's version of Rambaldi and Jin is some superspy who just happened to fall into it. If you'll pardon the pun. Maybe Jin is Hanso's illegitimate son!

Anything's possible.

Comment

From the sourcecode of Dharma Industries:

<META NAME="description" CONTENT="Dharma Industries, one time supply!">
                    One time supply? Dare I ask, "Of what?"

Comment

I think Jin being in on it is a bit of a stretch. While most of the people have secrets and such, I think the information we see in the flashbacks are reliable. We seem to have a fairly clear picture of Jin's history, being the son of a fisherman, working his way to a low level laborer (waiter, and presumably other similar jobs), and getting his break with Sun's father.

I suppose he could have been involved between being sent to intimidate the minister and the plane crash, the dog he brings home is much more grown up, so it would have to be a couple years. Kind of has a 'Cube' feel to it (the movie). People slowly realized that many of them had some random connection to the mysterious location they were in.

Did anyone hear the radio spot for the show? Almost the same words, "now everything will change" were part of it, but it didn't sound like Jin, even without the accent.

Perhaps Jin is repeating something he heard in English, but it would have an accent (ie, 'udders! udders!').

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                        Oh, please! We aren't seriously going to have a pissing contest over who said what first, are we?

Sometimes it's just a matter of when people are willing to entertain certain ideas. I posted lots about my theory regarding the cylons last season and folks are only now beginning to go, "Hey. what if...?" I fell like smacking my head sometimes, but what's the point of getting sulky with people over it?

And as was already said, sometimes posts just get overlooked. It isn't a deliberate and malicious attempt to dump on a newbie, it's just a fact of life.

How about adding to the theory and spinning off ideas instead of b****ing about bragging rights.

For instance: While I still don't like the idea of Jin being an English speaker, what if he's in on the whole Dharma project? Or maybe Dharma is Lost's version of Rambaldi and Jin is some superspy who just happened to fall into it. If you'll pardon the pun. Maybe Jin is Hanso's illegitimate son!

Anything's possible.
                        My post was taken COMPLETELY the wrong way. I was in no way trying to say, "hey so & so ripped of my post, hoo-hoo." I wasn't trying to come off pointing fingers and staking claim to a point of view for bragging rights either. Sorry if it came off that way. I'm not here to say, "Hey I said that first, get an original idea."

I was only trying to say I found that at times post written by "newbie’s" or people with a low post count get completely skipped over sometimes and maybe one if any other members posts reply, while a similar post by a member who's been around a while gets noticed and acknowledged more frequently.

So, I apologize if this took the topic off on a tangent and this is the last you'll hear about such from me.

Back to the topic at hand, No I don't buy the Rembaldi link, but thanks for the example. BTW, have you been to the official ALIAS site lately? Michael Vartan/Vaughan's BIO has been completely removed.

I did however watch the preview for tonight’s ep again and noticed that when Jin does talk in English, he appears to be and a "cleaner" environment. It looked like he was in a room with decent lights over head, not a flickering fluorescent light. Even kinda looked like a room with a white ceiling. Guess we'll see tonight.

Comment

Hi All

New here, hope I don't get flamed on my first post.(and please move it if its in the wrong place)
                          I'm a UK viewer that has just overdosed on Lost episodes for the past week to bring me right up to this epsiode. Phew, it was fun and frustrating in just about equal amounts, interesting enough to keep me thinking I'll give it just one more episode. Thats not to say I don't like it, guess I must do otherwise I wouldn't have watched them all and taken the time to post here, but I find it incredibly annoying some times.

Most of the suspension and intrigue comes from the simple fact nobody ever sits down and talks about things. No one ever asks obvious questions or gives clear answers, but anyway on to my point for the post. And I can't believe how they just take stuff in their stride, wild animals, galleons, underground bases, murders etc. Still no one seems bothered about walking around in the jungle all by themselves.

Don't you think this thing has got to be much bigger than just the island?
                          On the surface of it you've got a bunch of people all around the globe getting on a plane for their own reasons (claire, kate, locke being exceptions) So if something is controlling their actions this far away form the island then it has to be something of biblical proportions (quite literally)

Another question I have is, we are constanly reminded about how 'special' the main characters are, hwo their flashbacks overlap etc - so what about the other faceless passengers, are they special too or just polar bear fodder, unfortunate enough to be caught up in the story?

Loads more questions later.

Comment

When you see Hurley try to cut in line to get past security to get to the plane, you see Arnz (Artz?, whatever) say to the guy infront of him 'you're going to open that NOW?). I think we see him maybe 1 other time in a flashback, but that might be it. I think it's more a matter of we just haven't been shown how those people fit in yet. Anna Lucia was in a flashback before she was important to the show as well.

Comment

Damn previews - misleading or what
                              gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                              so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                              love Torri

Comment

All I can say is wow !!!
                                First of we had the rafters getting beaten up by these others who cant be the others if they know the flight is fight 815 and therfore I reckon they are all from the tail end of the plane and who knows by the looks of them they may think that the rafters are the others.
                                Then we have Desmond and his computer almost being destroyed and then theres that film. Wow that sheds light on alot of things such as why there were Polar Bears and possibly why the plane crashed. (Electro magnetic testing will defintaly muck up planes expecially if you use something like an EM Pulse which knocks out most technology in a wide radius.)
                                Locke is facing a moral dilemma I wonder if we will find out why Locke wasnt able to walk soon.
                                Jack taking the leap of faith. I wonder what happens when they dont excecute and if this really is a mind game or not.
                                Hurley found the food yay !!!!! well Kate found it first but still !!!!!!
                                Sayid saves the day or perhaps prolongs the inevitable.
                                I cant wait for episode 4 !!!
                                Last edited by Metarock Sam; 27 July 2006, 12:30 AM.
                                Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

Working...
                                X