Orientation (203)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Qtyled
    Im wondering if Jin speaking english is going to be an episode from Jin's point of view and everyone else around him is speaking jibberish?
    Jin had a point of view flash back last season and it wasn't in English. I'm leaning towards "another weird occurrence" on the island. Or due to his brutal background working for his father-in-law he hasn't felt the need to reveal his second language till now. I only say this because I'm sure some would say that Jin had plenty of other opportunities to speak English before now, but he seems to be very disiplined and strict in his ways, and maybe he didn’t want to be a hypocrite after what happened between he and his wife. Could be an "honor" thing.

I am guessing something significant happens in the next ep that he feels its time to blurt something important out that everyone isn't going "what, what? I don't understand!?"

Comment

I justed watcht he Jin shot again. I don't think it can be a flashback, his hair it entirely different. The hair in his 'everything will change' is his 'island after 40 days' hair, not his 'respectable businessman' hair. Also appears to be a scratch above his eye.

The location he's in is really vague, it could be the bunker, or it could be somewhere new.

Personally I still think it might be a 'promo' shot. The fact that he speaks with NO accent seems too much of a stretch to me for the character, whereas the actor speaks English as his first language.

Did Walt say don't push the button? I'm pretty sure he said "don't open it, it's evil" (the hatch presumably) which frankly seems odd knowing what we know now. The hatch isn't in any way 'evil', its a laboratory. It also is a shelter, stocked with food and ammo, etc.
      "For now, you are in need of food and rest, and I am in need of armor"

Comment

Originally posted by ItsDan
        Personally I still think it might be a 'promo' shot. The fact that he speaks with NO accent seems too much of a stretch to me for the character, whereas the actor speaks English as his first language.

I can't remember one ep of Lost using actor promo's as a sneak peak for the following weeks ep. I do agree however Jin speaking English without an accent is a little odd which brings me back to my thought on his past. Maybe he was a spy for his government? or a double agent for another? All I know is each ep answers one question with 10 more questions.

This continuing "questions" brings up a point; I am still enjoying the show at the moment, BUT I think the writers and producers of the show might be making a mistake if they continue to be SO vague and or leave us hanging SO much week after week. For example look how pissed everyone was at the cliff hanger last season end. Letting us go all summer without knowing what was in the hatch!?!?! Don't get me wrong, I enjoy suspence, but too much can ruin a show.

I know this is a little of topic, forgive my rant, but I think LOST may jump the shark sooner rather than later. I've said this a hundred times already, this show would have made a great "one seasoner" or mini-series. But I don't think it has enough to last 5+ seasons like being discused in other topics.

Comment

Unless Jin is the male Asian equivalent of Sydney Bristow, I just don't think he's a good enough actor to pull off that big a charade for that long. I'd be very disappointed if they decided to have him speaking English as if he'd known it all along. I LOVE the fact that he doesn't speak English. It's part of what makes him so cool.

I still say it's something from another character's perspective. I hope so, anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
            Unless Jin is the male Asian equivalent of Sydney Bristow, I just don't think he's a good enough actor to pull off that big a charade for that long.
            Was it that obvious that I'm an Alias fan too?

Bottom line is J.J. Abrhams has been known to pull a few surprises in his shows, so nothing would surprise me at this point. I'm waiting for Michael Vartan to show up as one of the "Others" since he's been "killed of".

Comment

A poster over at Lost-Media posted this interesting easter egg:

"On www.thehansofoundation.org there is a link to active projects on the website. It gives you access denied messages to every one of the active projects you click on. However, when you've clicked on all of them and you put your mouse over the last listed project the words "Dharma Initiative" will appear. It is a link to the video seen on Episode 3 about station 3 and the safety precautions that Locke and Jack saw. Don't know if anyone has pointed this out but if you see the end of the video where it zooms in to that guy in the window he looks a little bit like the actor who plays Lockes father on the show. BTW the video at the end said copyright 1980."

"Apparently, Dharma Industries has its own website as well. http://www.dharmaindustries.com also displays a link to http://www.kraftkost.se/_login.asp
              Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
              "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
              One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
              resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
              confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
              A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
              The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

Originally posted by GateGeak
                Jin had a point of view flash back last season and it wasn't in English. I'm leaning towards "another weird occurrence" on the island. Or due to his brutal background working for his father-in-law he hasn't felt the need to reveal his second language till now. I only say this because I'm sure some would say that Jin had plenty of other opportunities to speak English before now, but he seems to be very disiplined and strict in his ways, and maybe he didn’t want to be a hypocrite after what happened between he and his wife. Could be an "honor" thing.

I am guessing something significant happens in the next ep that he feels its time to blurt something important out that everyone isn't going "what, what? I don't understand!?"
                It doesn't necessarily have to be a "flashback" episode about Jin. I just mean it could be from Jin's perspective when they are on the island.

Comment

I have watched it and for me it poses more questions than answers.

I agree the computer countdown is just a mind control.

And the food, shouldn't some if it expired by this time.

Where is all the electricity coming from.

If Desmond never left his quarantine, how come when he left it he just walks out w/o any fears what so ever after all those years.

Comment

I think it is also interesting how the countdown flicks over to zero, and then resets when John presses execute. Nothing bad happens!?!

Comment

Originally posted by memnarch
                      While it was a good episode, I think that they may have revealed a bit too much. Dharma may explain most of, if not all of the mysteries in the series: the monster is an advanced security system, the Others are researchers left behind who transcended their physical bodies, the polar bears are part of the experiment, etc. I hope this isn't the case because otherwise the show's going to suck, unless they introduce more mysteries...
                      That is very true. The thing I like about Lost is that there's so many mysteries and unexplained stuff. If it turns out that there's a logical and rational explanation for everything I'd be pretty disappointed.

Comment

Originally posted by Tok'Ra Hostess
                        A poster over at Lost-Media posted this interesting easter egg:

"On www.thehansofoundation.org there is a link to active projects on the website. It gives you access denied messages to every one of the active projects you click on. However, when you've clicked on all of them and you put your mouse over the last listed project the words "Dharma Initiative" will appear. It is a link to the video seen on Episode 3 about station 3 and the safety precautions that Locke and Jack saw. Don't know if anyone has pointed this out but if you see the end of the video where it zooms in to that guy in the window he looks a little bit like the actor who plays Lockes father on the show. BTW the video at the end said copyright 1980."

"Apparently, Dharma Industries has its own website as well. http://www.dharmaindustries.com also displays a link to http://www.kraftkost.se/_login.asp
                        I got to the "Dharma Initiative" but there was nothing after that. Either "they" took the orientation film down, or too many people tried to view it and crashed it.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by Tok'Ra Hostess
                          Good ep.

You know, I'm beginning to think that there was no plane crash. I bet that in that tv universe there isn't even an Oceanic Airlines. I think that this group was drugged and dropped onto this island and certain expendable subjects were mortally injured so that the halucinating test subjects would interpret their situation as a plane crash. I bet the pilot is a member of Dharma and safe and sound in another sector ATM. His death was waaay too random.
                          Heh...I think the pilot being in there was to give JJ Abrams a chance to include his life long pal Greg Grunberg in the show...I wouldnt read too much into it.

Comment

I think Jin really speaks English, and the network just spoiled it to try and tease people into tuning in (as if 20 million weren't already).
                            GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                            The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                            Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Originally posted by gatebee
                              Where is all the electricity coming from.
                              The electricity is generated by electro magnetic induction.

In episode 2x01 there's a scene where Jack gets to the bottom of the shaft and is looking around. The key hanging around his neck is pulled towards the bricked up tunnel by magnetism. There's a big electric motor/generator behind the wall.

A coil of wire spun in a magnetic field will produce AC electricity if the coil is spun at a constant speed. You can use an electric motor to get the coil spining initially and once the generator is running it requires less power to keep the coil spining so the excess will create electricity to power the bunker.

Comment

Originally posted by Darren
                                I think Jin really speaks English, and the network just spoiled it to try and tease people into tuning in (as if 20 million weren't already).
                                I agree, or at least I hope thats the case.

Comment

Working...
                                X