The Man Behind the Curtain (320)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
    if the mothers never make it past the second trimester, the children die too. the fetus' would be too young to survive

pregnancies need to make it through the 7th month at the earliest to have a chance of survival

so both mother and child die
    Juliet did say that both mother & child die, but the 7th month statistic isn't actually true. While most preemies don't survive if born before 23-24 weeks, there are several cases of babies younger than that surviving (although at such a young age they have major health issues). I was going to provide some links, but most of them were to pro-life sites & I don't want this to get political. I just wanted to point out that babies can survive at 6 months after conception or before.

Comment

good point...however i don't know aobut the survival rate of such a preemie in the rather rustic living situations of the island
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos View Post
        I just found this on Digg about Jacob (it even has Slow-mo video):
        http://losteastereggs.blogspot.com/2...-of-jacob.html
        in that video, when the camera focuses in on a face/eye; is that supposed to be jacob? (it kind of looks like ben's eye)

sally
        sally

sigpic

Comment

Lost really is getting weirder but I still love it ,
          I really hope lock isn't gonna die , but I loved the ep I really wonder what jack and julliet are up too together

Comment

*sniff* why loche?! why???
            ah well... i'm sure he will back soon.

as for jacob, he looked very pirate-esque. could he be a descendent/ancestor of jake sparrow?!

Comment

my thoughts...these origional others...seem to have been on this island for a very long time...maybe there is something in the water...or magical healing/live long and prosper powers of the island...and thus giving them extra ordinary powers...like being able to be invisable...surely we have all noticed that Richard hasn't aged a bit...hmmm alot of questions were ansered with this ep and new ones formed in our minds.

Comment

Well having seen the episode, it was great, but thats two of my favourite characters now gone...Ecko the Loch...hopefully Loche survives some how, maybe that Russian field surgeon guy...
                sigpic

Comment

Well, I'm freaked out...

Comment

Originally posted by Dr,jackson View Post
                    Lost really is getting weirder but I still love it ,
                    I really hope lock isn't gonna die , but I loved the ep I really wonder what jack and julliet are up too together
                    It does keep getting werider but I cant wait for tonights episode

Comment

Apparently Ben's dad was Uncle Rico from Napoleon Dynamite. On a separate note I have found an exclusive photo of Ben from his high school years. Jacob offers you his protection.
                      Last edited by jds1982; 16 May 2007, 04:06 PM.
                      All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

At the end of the episode, I wonder why it was so important for Ben to know what Jacob said to John.. Ben seemed to be really anxious and worried that Jacob said something to John...
                        (I haven't seen the next episode yet..)

Anyway, it was nice to see the actor who plays Ben's father (Jon Gries) because I was a big fan of the series "The Pretender".
                        I didn't recognized him with hair on! LOL.
                        Then he looked like an aged version of him.

Comment

Originally posted by Arga View Post
                          At the end of the episode, I wonder why it was so important for Ben to know what Jacob said to John.. Ben seemed to be really anxious and worried that Jacob said something to John...
                          (I haven't seen the next episode yet..)
                          I think it was implied that only Ben could speak to or see Jacob. Ben came to join The Others after telling Richard that he saw his dead mother in the jungle, something he seemed to regard as special. Ben is special, and also has become the leader of The Others, so Ben clearly feels that Locke is a challenge to his authority. This is why Ben was jealous of Locke recovering from his paralysis as soon as he crashed on the island, Ben was paralysed also but it took him quite a while to fully recover.

Also, since Jacob said "Help me", there is a possibility that Ben has some kind of hold over Jacob, another reason Ben might not want Locke knowing.

Comment

i can only say, thats one of the best episodes of all episodes of this show!!!
                            great actors!...
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                              what i think

i think that spring jack found...it's the fountain of youth. the island revives, revitalizes and heals you...but to fully enjoy it you have to stay on the island. you leave, it stops working.

and you also can't reproduce.

thus you can be

healed and live forever...but never have children

come, be healed, leave, be unhealed but live 'naturally'
                              When the castaways first crashed on the island, they found 2 skeletons in the old caves they used to live in. I would say because these 2 people were found dead together, it doesn't look like you are able to live forever on the island. Richard being the strange exception.

Comment

I say a thing nobody has never thought. There is no Jacob.It is just a normal Island although a bunch of Brainless people live there,The Others are just a religious sect serving Jacob who doesn't exist.Richard doesn't age because he believes so much and his body doesn't think of aging.
                                "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Working...
                                X