No announcement yet.

The Man Behind the Curtain (320)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great episode. Though it got a little freaky and bizarre with invisible Jacob...though I did see him when things got crazy.

I wonder what happened to Annie...the girl that befriended Ben...that was her name wasn't it? I don't think Ben would have allowed her to be killed in the purge if she were still on the island/alive.
    IMO always implied.

Comment

Just when you think that there could be more questions, and questions were being answered. They give us more things to question. Should have known, but great episode.

: Green is Good.
      sigpic I NEED MORE POWER!!!

Comment

Originally posted by rarocks24 View Post
        Sense we've come to the conclusion that the island is the Fountain of Youth, and that children can't be born here, here's the question I'm left with, if Sun leaves, will she be able to conceive?
        as long as she sleeps with someone other than jin, sure. her 'plumbing' is working fine, it's jin's that's been broken

Originally posted by LoneStar1836 View Post
        Great episode. Though it got a little freaky and bizarre with invisible Jacob...though I did see him when things got crazy.

I wonder what happened to Annie...the girl that befriended Ben...that was her name wasn't it? I don't think Ben would have allowed her to be killed in the purge if she were still on the island/alive.
        i have to wonder if something happened with annie to push ben over the edge. maybe she left, maybe she was killed, i think she'd be ben's stressor more than his father
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by katielovesdaniel View Post
          So if "Richards gang" coudlnt have children, and Alex is Frenchies daughter where did Karl come from cause he is young too.
          don't quote me on it, but do the babies die too, or just the mothers. i know the mothers died, but don't the babies survive? i could be wrong, i honestly can't remember.

BUT. remember, as recently as 3 years ago the others were recruiting people to the island - Juliet. so its possible Karl was brought there.

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
          yeah, what if you leave the island you're 'unyouthed' and un healed

it's like time stops on the island, but once you leave it, you catch back up to it...or it catches up with you
          LOST TIME (mittleos)

Comment

Originally posted by Morbo View Post
            interesting idea...

sounds like
            Not exactly....Indy's dad was healed by the water, yet he was still able to leave the cave and remain healed.

I am so blessed! Cherriey made this cool sig; scarimor made this great Dr. Lee smilie and Spudster made another neat one Dr. Lee RULES!

Myn's fabulous twilight bark smilie:

Comment

if the mothers never make it past the second trimester, the children die too. the fetus' would be too young to survive

pregnancies need to make it through the 7th month at the earliest to have a chance of survival

so both mother and child die

sigpic

Comment

where as the old knight couldn't leave, and if he did he turned to dust

it could be the longer you stay, the greater the effects, thus the longer you stay, the more you HAVE to stay

sigpic

Comment

Well this awesome episode, so many questions i had, was answer, and so many more created, well that just about sums up the entire series.

Jakub man he one crazy dude, personally I think he the representation of the island, and the island is in need of help.

I think the reason they cannot have children is because of the nerve gas they used, it their own fault by doing the purge they ended their future as a civilization and perhaps even killed the island in the process.

But I hope we see Jakob again and soon.

I just wish the closing scene was of them on the beach preparing their plans for the attack I think that would of been better ending than just seeing the lock in the pit.

I think that Ann / ben child hood friend is either dead, alive on the island yet to be seen or a other possible twist is still part of the dharma intuitive that still going on, in fact could of ben just been a experiment, given what his dad thought of him it possible that they let him work on the island so they could used ben as an experiment,it the only way to explain how a child got hold of the access codes to the security fence, because they wanted him to get it, and they want him to join the hostiles. Also it seem that Hostiles also had contacts out side of the island I mean on the canister their was no dharma initiative logo on it, could the hostiles just be a other off island group, which means we still have not meat the others, when lock beat the **** out of the patch man no else intervene is lock really their leader or are they just letting league for a reason, could all this just part of some part of grander experiment.

And ben killing or shotting lock was a shock and i was not expecting that.

And other question is has we known Jakub all along is Jakub just a other incarnation of the island, man just keep on getting ideas, only a other 51 hours tv to watch and we will know the answers to our questions then.

I think I stop here, before I stop making sense.

I wish I could see next week episode right now.

Comment

They were touting this episode to answer a lot but man, it didn't really answer anything for me! I like the idea of there being a fountain of youth on the island.

Are the hostiles pretending to be the Dharma iniative that they killed to the outside world? What is Dharma then if they are all dead and how did they build all the stations if there are hostiles on the island? Are there others besides the hostiles? What is up with Jacob, what and who is he? At some point the writers are going to have to start giving up answers, since we have a ending point for the show now.

Comment

I think I need to watch this episode again. too many things I have missed. But WOW what a great episode. just WOW. Ben was a creepy child as he is as an adult.

Comment

i have to wonder if something happened with annie to push ben over the edge. maybe she left, maybe she was killed, i think she'd be ben's stressor more than his father
                        That sounds like a good possibility.

Though my impression was that Ben had been colluding with the Others ever since he was a kid and ran into Richard but something happening to her could have put him over the edge.

About the gas canisters. I think that they were supplied by Dharma and Ben passed them off them to the Others. Dharma people seemed well armed in their battle against the Others. If the Others had already had such a weapon, I think they would have already used it.
                        IMO always implied.

Comment

Originally posted by warmbeachbrat View Post
                          Not exactly....Indy's dad was healed by the water, yet he was still able to leave the cave and remain healed.
                          I was referring more to the fact that if you drank from the grail and were granted eternal life - you couldn't go beyond the great seal. but your point is good too.

if the mothers never make it past the second trimester, the children die too. the fetus' would be too young to survive

pregnancies need to make it through the 7th month at the earliest to have a chance of survival

so both mother and child die
                          ah ok. cool, thanks for clarifying.

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
                          Jakub Jakob Jakub Jakub
                          dude.
                          it's jacob.

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar1836 View Post
                            Though my impression was that Ben had been colluding with the Others ever since he was a kid and ran into Richard but something happening to her could have put him over the edge.
                            I agree, I think he'd been 'in' with them ever since he met that one in the forrest. The man said "it will take a lot of patience" when Ben said he wanted to join them.
                            Sun'Shyne

Made by Me!

Comment

I was under the impression that the Others not being able to have kids was a relatively new thing. I mean, they had to have come from SOMEWHERE, right? My theory is that the DHARMA Initiative did something to the Island in the course of studying its properties that changed it (the "Incident" of the orientation film), thus prohibiting women from giving birth. It's possible Karl was born before this happened.

So...the DHARMA Intiative's utopian community was pretty much a bust. Roger was a "Work Man," and apparently Ben inherited his position rather than being allowed to choose his own destiny. So much for a perfect society. Damn hippies...
                              Through Life's dull road, so dim and dirty
                              I have dragged to three-and-thirty.
                              What have these years left to me?
                              Nothing, except thirty-three.

- Lord Byron

Dispatches From the Suburbs of Hell

The Pit

Comment

I just found this on Digg about Jacob (it even has Slow-mo video):
                                http://losteastereggs.blogspot.com/2...-of-jacob.html
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X