Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

then stop watching the show

Comment

Is that the best argument you can come up with? "Stop watching?" So much for intelligent debate.

If you can't adequately defend/explain your own viewpoint and if you're unwilling to allow us to do the same, then kindly put us all on ignore so that you can live in your shiny happy little world of perfection where the show is awesome and everyone loves it and no one ever has a bad thing to say about it... and we can go on questioning things, voicing our complaints and concerns and discussing the issues that are important to us.

Comment

Originally posted by AdrianneP
        I don't know if this was mentioned on another thread but on the other board I'm on discussing this person noticed a date difference between this season and last season: http://board.uscho.com/showpost.php?...&postcount=695 (there are no spoiler tags on this website so view at your own risk)
        I heard that too - many people say that season 1 took place over exactly 40 days. however, episode one of season two clearly states (locke tells desmond) that 44 days have gone by. therefore, the writer's changed their mind or there was just miscommunication in general (all the interviews with the cast, where they say 40 days have gone by in season 1, is more likely to be an estimate than an exact number). i don't think there's any mix up between the seasons if one goes by the actual episode texts.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
          Is that the best argument you can come up with? "Stop watching?" So much for intelligent debate.

If you can't adequately defend/explain your own viewpoint and if you're unwilling to allow us to do the same, then kindly put us all on ignore so that you can live in your shiny happy little world of perfection where the show is awesome and everyone loves it and no one ever has a bad thing to say about it... and we can go on questioning things, voicing our complaints and concerns and discussing the issues that are important to us.
          You put that much more eloquently than I could have ... ::Bowing::

Adrianne
          If I never reply to something you said to me, it doesn't mean I'm ignoring you, it means I'm lazy and the thread moves too fast.
          It's all explained here. Well, one part anyhow

My LibraryThing.

Comment

Originally posted by Cinephilic TV Addict
            (locke tells desmond)
            Yeah ... Where is Desmond, do you think? Still
            Spoiler:
            running
            ? Do you think
            Spoiler:
            The Others
            got him him? Do you think he knew about
            Spoiler:
            The Others
            when he went off
            Spoiler:
            running
            ?

I wonder if we'll ever see him again ...

Adrianne
            If I never reply to something you said to me, it doesn't mean I'm ignoring you, it means I'm lazy and the thread moves too fast.

My LibraryThing.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat

i just don't understand why you would be upset with the show just because every episode doesn't cover a 2 day span? You want to watch every single day?
              There are other things happening that need to be explained.

They can't fit everything into 42 minutes, so they are showing what happened from different viewpoints but all at once.
              I thought the first few eps, where we found out all the different things happening at once in the hatch was wicked great because we saw how everything came together.

And we all knew people from the tail section we alive, so...would you have been happier if they just showed up one day and said

"hi we're from the tail section. can we live here? oh by the way, so crazy people tried to kill us and they kidnapped others."

You'd be upset with that wouldn't you. Are you saying you didn't want to know what happened in the other 48 days? Why those people are the way they were when the people from the raft floated in?

They are progessing forward. It's a little slower only in the sense that they are telling MORE story.

Comment

See Morbo? That wasn't so hard, was it?

And I'm not looking for a daily blow-by-blow a la 24, but I would like some sense of the passage of time (and no more friggen backtracking) and I'd like to know that something is actually being accomplished.

I just felt as if we got quite a bit of info (or hints) in the first part os S1, but that we've been given nothing in S2. Yes, there's the whole increased mystery of the hatch and Desmond and the tailies, but... I still don't get the feeling that it's going anywhere. It still seems too much like they're stalling for time.

And have I mentioned how much I hate them using the same backtracking trick TWICE in the first half of the season? Because I do. I really, REALLY hate it.

Comment

Yeah ... Where is Desmond, do you think? Still
                  Spoiler:
                  running
                  ? Do you think
                  Spoiler:
                  The Others
                  got him him? Do you think he knew about
                  Spoiler:
                  The Others
                  when he went off
                  Spoiler:
                  running
                  ?

I wonder if we'll ever see him again ...

Adrianne
                  I want to see Desmond again, as well as Rosseau (the French lady). How do they keep away from the "Others"?

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

[Sarcasm]I just love how cute and innocent this reads. That you honestly believe these things will be answered and mentioned ever again. Just so cute. [/Sarcasm]

Adrianne
                    Hey, don't underestimate writers. We may seem stupid, but we're all thinking "Who's laughing now?"
                    TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
                      I want to see Desmond again, as well as Rosseau (the French lady). How do they keep away from the "Others"?
                      We might find out in the 3rd season. The priority right now is the Love Square with Sawyer/Kate/AL/Jack.

Adrianne

My LibraryThing.

Comment

I prowled around "thefuselage" a bit last night and apparently Desmond returns towards the end of the season and there is a rumor that we see his "backstory".

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

lol you people skip episodes because the story isn't progressing and the same time frame is being covered over and over? lol. I'm glad that I don't care about things like that.

Comment

How glad I am that I'm not small-minded enough to ridicule people over a difference of opinion regarding a TV show.

Comment

Originally posted by Erised
                              lol you people skip episodes because the story isn't progressing and the same time frame is being covered over and over? lol. I'm glad that I don't care about things like that.
                              uh, just to be clear - the backtracking is a problem BECAUSE the episodes are poor, therefore making people dislike backtracking. they can have an entire season where every episode is the same day for all i care, as long as the episodes are high quality. S2 is not high quality. S1 was.

Comment

Originally posted by Cinephilic TV Addict
                                uh, just to be clear - the backtracking is a problem BECAUSE the episodes are poor, therefore making people dislike backtracking. they can have an entire season where every episode is the same day for all i care, as long as the episodes are high quality. S2 is not high quality. S1 was.
                                I'm sorry, but the second episode where it showed the other happenings in the hatch was great.

Comment

Working...
                                X