No announcement yet.

Powerless (211)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think Adam would be able to get out of there for a very long time if at all. I'd imagine he'd have hard time breathing and would constantly die and come back to life. And considering how far down he is, it doesn't seem very likely.
    Folding@Home|Babylon 5 Canon Guide

Delenn: This is Ambassador Delenn of the Minbari. Babylon 5 is under our protection. Withdraw,...or be destroyed.
    Earth Captain: Negative. We have authority here. Do not force us to engage your ship.
    Delenn: Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else.
    --Babylon 5 - "Severed Dreams"

Comment

Originally posted by Xicer View Post
      I don't think Adam would be able to get out of there for a very long time if at all. I'd imagine he'd have hard time breathing and would constantly die and come back to life. And considering how far down he is, it doesn't seem very likely.
      i guess it depends on what the coffin is made of... but wouldn't he still die because the brain still needs oxygen to function? after you go a few minutes without it brain cells start to die, but they do kind of regenerate brain cells don't they? otherwise clair and peter would have huge holes in their brains from glass and a stick. AHH! the whole brain thing hurts my brain...wait...ow.
      Vice Admiral and occasionally the Acting Leader of the Gateworld Cantina
      sigpic

Comment

Yeah I was thinking that too but after the whole thing with Claire's blood this season, I wouldn't put a whole lotta faith in the brain.
        Folding@Home|Babylon 5 Canon Guide

Delenn: This is Ambassador Delenn of the Minbari. Babylon 5 is under our protection. Withdraw,...or be destroyed.
        Earth Captain: Negative. We have authority here. Do not force us to engage your ship.
        Delenn: Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else.
        --Babylon 5 - "Severed Dreams"

Comment

Something thats been bugging me. Why wasn't via laptop encrypted? I would have expected information like that to be protected. What if the computer got stolen?

Comment

Unless there is something in the brain, you'd still heal. That's what happened to Claire and Peter, an object stopped them from healing. Personally I think that even blowing off their head, the blood would regenerate it because that's what was needed for everyone else who's been healed by it.

Hiro was incredible. It was great to see him being able to master his powers like that, and for him to be so cruel as to bury Adam along side his father was just so dark side. I look forward to the new volume, because I think if Nathan does die we could see Peter being more.. well dark side.

I just wanted to skip the whole Maya/Nikki/cousin who's name I can't remember/ scenes but I was happy with how Nikki went boom.

sigpic

Comment

what do you suppose the key Adam was reaching for for?

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar1836 View Post
                How else was he supposed to get rid of him? I guess he could have cut his head off to see just what would happen but other than that, I can't see Hiro shooting him in the head. Anyway, I think Hiro wanted him to suffer.
                Hiro was originally planning to kill him with the sword. What did you think he was going to do, run screaming up to Adam and then bonk him on the head with the scabbard and drag him off?

I still think cutting off his head or otherwise destroying his brain is the only absolutely sure way to know that Adam is dead, but as for "what else could he do?" Let's see...

* Take him back to the Ice Age, strip him naked and leave him on a glacier. Heck, pour water on him first.
                * Take him back and feed him to a dinosaur.
                * Leave him on the moon (if Hiro can go that far).
                * Drop him in the concrete when they're pouring the Hoover Dam.
                * Drop him in a volcano.
                * Weigh him down and drop him in the Marianas Trench.
                * Bury him alive, but do it somewhere remote and maybe in a time when the general area is unpopulated.

There are a lot of creative options available and some of them could be quite vicious.

Comment

* Drop him in a volcano.
                  I like these 2. Take him back to before Pompeii and his body could just be another one of the populous entombed.
                  sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                    Hiro was originally planning to kill him with the sword. What did you think he was going to do, run screaming up to Adam and then bonk him on the head with the scabbard and drag him off?

That's what he initially was going to do, but after he teleported away with Adam, then why didn't he finish the deed? Didn't Adam have the sword in his hand? Hiro freezes time, takes it, chop chop, Adam's head rolls down the hill.

I still think cutting off his head or otherwise destroying his brain is the only absolutely sure way to know that Adam is dead, but as for "what else could he do?" Let's see...

* Take him back to the Ice Age, strip him naked and leave him on a glacier. Heck, pour water on him first.
                    * Take him back and feed him to a dinosaur.
                    * Leave him on the moon (if Hiro can go that far).
                    * Drop him in a volcano.
                    * Weigh him down and drop him in the Marianas Trench.
                    * Bury him alive, but do it somewhere remote and maybe in a time when the general area is unpopulated.

There are a lot of creative options available and some of them could be quite vicious.
                    #1 - Adam warms back up after freezing to death several thousand times, ends up surviving 10,000 some odd years and ends up irrevocably changing history.

#2 - Hiro gets eaten by the dino as well.

#3 - Maybe but then Hiro is exposed to space. I hope he held his breath. (I'm not sure he'd want to chance that.)Then Adam's body eventually floats away from the moon and earth's gravity pulls it back to earth. By some miracle his brain survives reentry and his whole body regenerates. Fine it's a possible solution but I had to give it a go.

#4 - Hiro takes cues from the mob now?

#5 Well I did think of that one.

#6 - He sinks down there and lands on the trashed Decepticons from Transformers who are then resurrected somehow (cuz you know there is going to be a second movie) and they bring him back to the surface.

#7 - Just as long as it's in an area that will remain unpopulated and unused by civilization for eternity because it only takes one farmer or some guy on a backhoe to stumble across him and dig him up.

I think hiding him in an already establish cemetery cuts down on the risk of him being dug up.

But I still think he wanted Adam to suffer hence the coffin. Adam put his father in one, so he put Adam in one.
                    IMO always implied.

Comment

If she wasn't already dead I'd think Candice was impersonating HRG

Since she is dead, I think its another Hero with shapeshifting abilities
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Steve_the_Wraith View Post
                        If she wasn't already dead I'd think Candice was impersonating HRG

Since she is dead, I think its another Hero with shapeshifting abilities
                        Thats what I was thinking. Something was off with that seen didn't seem like the HRG we know

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar1836 View Post
                          #3 - Maybe but then Hiro is exposed to space.
                          Two words: space suit. I was making a list, not going into all the specifics of how each would work or what Hiro would have to do to try and make them work. I could build quite an ugly scenario for the Ice Age option. And a nasty one for the dino one as well. Several of them do have built-in loopholes, yeah, and a lot of options (including stuff I didn't list here) would depend on whether or not he can survive without oxygen, but then so does what Hiro did. I was simply pointing out that burying him alive in a popular cematary was NOT the only choice Hiro had available to him.

Comment

Originally posted by tombombadail View Post
                            couldn't adam eventually escape by the coffin breaking down after a few years, or him continuously punching it and it just wearing down? i mean no matter how you look at it he's going to escape. why else would part 3 be called villains i mean there's the company, who's true intentions are still unknown, i'm thinking they're anti-heroic(they have good goals but their methods are wicked) , and Sylar but other than that who are the villains.
                            I highly doubt Adam could get out, especially with all the pressure pushing down on him from the dozen or so meters of dirt above him...
                            Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                            Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
                              I highly doubt Adam could get out, especially with all the pressure pushing down on him from the dozen or so meters of dirt above him...
                              Zombies do it all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
                                We are all obviously forgetting about "Kill Bill, Vol. 2." It can be done.
                                Words to live by: "When in doubt, shoot at the guy yelling 'Kree!'."

Let's try this again: Spoiler-free 'til Season 4.5.

EJO on the blooper reel: "I hope you like it... or I'll SQUASH YOUR NUTS."

Spoiler:
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X