Powerless (211)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HenryHayes View Post
    Am I the only one that missed & enjoyed Hiros "Flying Man" when he saw Nathan after they landed & you can just tell by the look of Nathans face that he was thinking "**** its him"
    Nah. You're not the only one. I love those little things about Hiro.
    IMO always implied.

Comment

A. Called Adam getting buried so

B. NATHAN!!

C. No Heroes for how long?! ^&&^%$!!
      sigpic
      Eagles may soar free and proud, but weasels never get sucked into jet engines.
      "We're not going to Guam are we?"

Comment

There seems to be some mixed reactions to this episode which kind of surprises me, since I can't wait for the next volume personally. Just the title is enough to get me watching. I love the motivations of villains a lot since sometimes they're more complex than that of the heroes.

So, anyway, I have to concur with mostly everyone that Hiro's method of dealing with Adam, though awesome and fitting, wasn't entirely unexpected. This definitely leaves the door open for him to come back and I fully expect him to. The next volume is called Villains after all...

As for the other big wow moments in the episode, I definitely expected Niki to die. I knew without a doubt that if she went in without her super strength, she was going down. I do think that her character had a nice run, although it really sucks that Micah's lost both his parents so quickly. It'll be interesting to see the dynamic between Micah and Monica increase, since I think they've had a good rapport going so far. As for Nathan dying, I would be lying if I said that I didn't sort of see this coming as well. After Mohinder, Nathan was third on my list of most likely deaths.

Nathan has been a bit underutilized this season and that's definitely unfortunate. Hopefully though, Peter will be encouraged to finally get his act together. I'm also betting that his Irish girlfriend either doesn't come back or will die. On a side note, I loved Nathan and Matt's whole arc together. They made a great team and it really all culminated in their moment outside Primatech, which has to be one of the more hilarious things I've seen in a while.

Now: as for Nathan's killer...I am almost 99% sure that he was killed by
        Spoiler:
        Mr. Bennet. It makes sense as he was rehired earlier and seemed willing to do anything to keep his family safe. Even if it meant killing his daughter's birth father...Oh and by the way was there a scene of Bennet making a deal with Bob, because it seems really odd that he rejoined the ranks of the Company so fast, since he of all people knows they can't be trusted.

What I'm wondering though is who Angela Petrelli was talking to! If it was Bob, which makes a lot of sense, or maybe someone else involved in the Company who wasn't part of the group of founders.

While I did like 'Powerless' and think it made a great finale, I do have an issue with the volume as a whole. I think a lot of people were led to believe that far more about the previous generation was going to be revealed than there was, their powers for instance (Bob's one golden spoon doesn't count, haha). Still, we did learn a lot more about them than we did, so I guess I do have issue and I don't.

Overall, I give the episode ***1/2 stars
        Spoiler:
        Check out my fanfiction! http://www.fanfiction.net/~memnarch

Comment

The writing for Peter is just getting ridiculous. He's overpowered, majorly forgetful and his plot is filled with holes.

Spoiler:
          Maya being revived was a HUGE let down.

Sylar returning to power was epic.

Hiro living was awesome-- not to mention his reunion with Nathan nothing short of adorable. Although shutting off Adam was WAY too quick and kind of confusing, it deffinately brought up a darker Hiro.

Nikki blowing up was expected... I somehow think she'll walk out okay next season, just because she's Ali Larter. SIGH.

Nathan being shot, I did not expect at all. Infact I was disapointed that it was him, over some other pointless characters... but I'm sure we all know that Claire will heal him.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
            I loved Hiro's use of his powers, but watching him get thumped down every time started feeling silly. He ended up with the last laugh, though. I just wish he'd chosen something a little more permanent than live burial. Poetic, but risky.
            "more permanent"...coffins aren't too quickly dug up.
            "The Clarke Postulate - One's ability to correctly explain advanced theoretical thermodynamics as applied to string theory within a fictional context is directly related to one's ability to cook the perfect lemon chicken with mushrooms in a nice garlic butter sauce. While some use this unexpected correlation as proof of intelligent design, I believe that its all about the person's choice of mushrooms.

I also believe that there is a tear developing in the space-time continuum which if left uncheck will allow Microsoft to become a world power. I suspect that unless we all download Firefox 3 on the same day, thus sealing the tear, that life as we know it may be over and children will have their teddy bears and blankets ripped mercilessly from their arms.

Comment

wow oh wow. this was such a cool episode. I loved seeing hiro go up against peter. I knew that he wouldn't just attack him. It seemed to be more a duel of words than a full on fight. gotta say that adam is awesome with that sword too. I was quite surprised that peter picked up on the idea of trying to influence people off parkman so easily but i suppose it was the only way he could counter it in the story.

As for Adam, Nathan and Nikki.............well i'm pretty sure Adam will be back somehow. Though i have to point out that there is only a limited amount of oxygen in that coffin so if he doesn't get out quick he will die, since isn't the running theory that if he and claire are dead for too long they won't heal? Nikki i doubt is dead personally that was too senseless. Unfortunately for nathan though i think that's the end for him. afterall those last words he said to peter just created this sense of the writers having them say goodbye.
              Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

None of this surprised me. They really left no option but to kill Niki and Nathan. If they killed Maya, it would have rendered her entire storyline pointless instead of simply annoying. For a moment there though, I was seriously excited by the possibility of her death.

As for Niki, she's been dead to me all season. Everthing about her life has been about tying up loose ends all season. She's been replaced by Elle as a hardass and by Monica as a mother and she's lost her status as a wife. Just another character given a meaningless life and death.

Peter, was as he has been for a while now, smackworthy. How many times do you have to hear from several different people that Adam is dangerous before you start plotting an out...just in case. so much power so little intelligence.

Seems Claire and her bio-Dad have equally foolish goals in life. Can't really see how they could think something positive would come of their revelations. But as much as I really resent the overused super-blood, if Nathan doesn't come back to life I am going to be beyond pissed. They have already ruined him by basically killing him twice already.

As for Adam, I really hope that tomb was in another time in the past. I was disappointed to see it was current era.

At the end there when I saw Sylar injecting Claire's blood i wondered if he had Mohinder's antibodies. If not, could he become a carrier for the virus although it no longer makes him ill?

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

I didn´t expect Nathan being shot I thought that he gets the virus or so. I swear, if he dies, I quit watching. Why him? He, Matt and Noah were probably the only characters with brain and some goals in S2.
                  Tim Kring apologized to fans for mistakes. It would be HUGE mistake to kill off Nathan. I will never understand why they have chosen him instead of Maya or Monica. I mean, the new characters were most of the time pointless, yelling, not-fitting into story.
                  I think this show became too Peter-centric and everyone else have to go. No matter that he was acting like an idiot. If Nathan dies, I am not sure if his character can be still interesting for me. He and Nathan give to the show dynamics, their relationship was a core of S1.
                  I am not glad that they are killing off the old characters because of the new ones, who were badly introduced into the show.
                  I don´t want them use Claire´s blood again, it would be too obvious. But Matt survived with four bullets last year so I can think Nathan survive, too.
                  I hope he will. Because if not, I don´t think something will keep my interest in the show He literally saved the world twice now (both after Peter messed up) and they would kill him? No way!

I wasn´t too suprised or sad by Nikki to leave since her character had really not much to do this season.
                  the end with Nathan completely destroyed my impression of the episode and I can´t think about anything else now Even about the awesome scene with Nathan and Matt landing in Odessa.

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

Pretty good episode, though it felt quite rushed.

I have a suspicion that the virus storyline isn't finished (if it is what the hell happens to Caitlin, the future she was in doesn't exist anymore!!). The remains of the virus being absorbed by Peter I think means that he's infected.
                    He's been walking a fine line this season, and we've seen hints of darkness. He almost killed Hiro, which I think indicates he's on quite the dark road.

Nathan was a shock, I knew something was going to happen, I knew the secret wasn't going to get out but I thought maybe Future Hiro would arrive and put a stop to it or something.

Adam's fate was nice. In some ways it would be good to leave him there, but with his history with both Hiro and Peter it could be great to see him back if they write it right.

The Nikki/Micah/Monica story was hopeless. It felt tacked on and took up valuable minutes that could have been spent on the main storylines. Nikki's death left me feeling blah. The writers are really screwing up Micah's childhood! Nikki got screwed this season.
                    I hope Monica sticks around. She has potential. But what the heck are they gonna do with Micah?

Sylar getting his powers back is much yayness, can't wait to see what madness he causes next. I hope they fill in exactly what happened to him next Volume.
                    I thought for a moment they were going to let Maya stay dead. She could be interesting, and a new house guest for the parkman/suresh household.

Claire was a bit blah too. I wanted to see at least one emo tear from her boyfriend before he flew away. Her plan was stupid. HRG's new deal seems like a backwards step, but who knows where they'll take that.

Mamma Petrelli being involved in her son's asssassination was a nice twist. She's still pure evil and we haven't seen what her power is yet. I'm presuming the assassin will be another new bad guy for the next Volume.

Overal not particularly satisfying as a season finale but a good continuation of the improved Heroes.
                    I'm A Leaf On The Wind...Watch How I Soar

Comment

Adam's not going to be buried alive forever eventually the oxygens going to run out. Rapid cellular regeneration isn't going to fix that I hope the writers realize that and don't bring him back. If he stays dead long enough there is no way he's coming back.

Nice way to kill him, remembered me of the movies Buried Alive

Still don't like the fact that Blood can heal a dead person. How the hell is a syringe of blood going to heal someone if it's not circulating

Comment

I'll make some allowances for the cobbled-together feel of the ep because I know they had to take a "regular" mid-season break and re-work it as a potential season finale, but that still doesn't excuse the general waste of characters or lack of development.

Comment

I really, really liked this episode, despite the fact that I originally thought I'd hate it.

For one, it was really interesting to see how Nathan and Matt finally managed to turn Peter back to the good side, and Hiro desperately trying to stop him and Adam from releasing the virus. I can understand why Peter was duped, though I still wish he hadn't been; Adam had just saved his brother's life, sprung him from jail, and was going to help him rescue Caitlin. Of course he'd trust him.

Speaking of which, is Caitlin really safe? The virus was vaporized, more or less, but could some of it have still survived? I think it's unlikely, but not entirely impossible.

Meanwhile, I'm loving how Claire's story got wrapped up. West finally goes from creepy-kid to hero and tries to stop her, but he's realized by now that it's near impossible to stop a Bennet Interesting to see HRG return, but I think we'll be seeing Noah again sooner than we're led to believe.

So Maya's still alive? The one downer for me, I really wanted her gone. But at least Sylar's back in action, and Elle may defect to the good guys pretty soon.

And, at last: Nathan. Oh, one of my favorite characters is "dead"... but I doubt he's down for the count. Peter, not having been told not to meddle in the past, could easily pull a Hero-Kaito and jump back a few seconds to save his brother. Or he could try and give Nathan some of his blood... but I think that's being overused at this point. Ironically, though, I'm not as upset as I thought I'd be by Nathan's death, probably because it was believable.

Nathan has always been the political one, so of course he'd want to come clean in a political way; a press conference. The Compaby, obviously, has to stop this. However my one gripe with the scene is that Matt/Peter didn't hear the thoughts of the assassin, as they have been shown to be able to pick up thoughts without meaning to before.

Anyway, overall: ***
                          Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                          Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Some things that have been irking me:

-Was Maya supposed to have a purpose? Because as it stands, she didn't really do anything other than bringing Sylar to Mohinder. This awesome power of hers felt wasted. And why was she so trustful of Sylar over her brother? I understand her guilt over killing people, but I find it hard to believe that she would bond with him over that guilt enough to openly reject her brother.

-Peter was way too trustful of Adam. Why? Because they were in jail together? Because Adam's blood saved Nathan? Okay, but why would Peter ignore the warnings of Hiro and Matt, people who he has trusted in the past. Why would he even be willing to fight them over it?

-What happened to Peter's Irish gal? Still trapped in the future? Can one time travel to a future that no longer exists due to the actions of the present (the virus wasn't released after all)?

-Was Monica supposed to have a purpose? Granted, it was fun to see someone discover and develop their powers, but in the end she didn't really do anything except get Nikki killed. And the Micah/Nikki plotline didn't fit in well with the other stories either.

Comment

Originally posted by HenryHayes View Post
                              Am I the only one that missed & enjoyed Hiros "Flying Man" when he saw Nathan after they landed & you can just tell by the look of Nathans face that he was thinking "**** its him"
                              I LOVED that.

First the Good
                              Nathan flying Matt to Odessa. Hilarious.

Niki dead. Yeah, don't really care for her at all, never much did. I'm glad she's gone, lets focus on some more interesting characters. Actually, her entire storyline felt completely out of place this season.

Elle. Yes! She's finally cool and worth watching- I loved it when she went after Sylar. After this Kristen Bell had better be back whenever the show resumes.

Hiro burying Adam alive. Yikes! Awesome! These kinds of well-played shock moments are a huge part of what made season one so great- we haven't had nearly enough (or really any) in season two. Hiro was excellent all ep.

Sylar's back. Finally!

HRG heading back to the company/being mysterious.

Matt has been great all season, and continually so here.

Mama Petrelli being so horrible.

The bad/iffy
                              Maya didn't die.

West didn't die.

Nathan being shot.....well, this is iffy. I hope he lives, but I hope that he doesn't live by means of super-healing blood. If he lives by non-means of super healing blood, him getting shot can go on the good list. If he does live by means of super-healing blood, well, it'll go on the bad list, but I'll still be happy that he lives. He hasn't had much of anything to do this season, he needs to have something to do.

Peter is an idiot. I want season one Peter back.

Destroying the virus was pretty anti-climactic. However all that other stuff in the vault.....looks cool, I want to know what it all is.

The Micah/Niki/Monica story didn't fit into this ep (or season) at all. This just proved it.

The characters didn't really all meet up in the same way. They were too far flung from each other all season long. One of the cool things about season one was seeing them all come together eventually. Here it didn't really happen. Though it was good to see Matt, Nathan, Hiro, and Peter team up. (apparently Matt and Hiro had never met?)

Anyway, hopefully the writers can put this messy season behind them and work on creating a tighter, better storyline next season. And stop making characters dumb to serve the not-so-great plot. I think that was this season's greatest failing.
                              Last edited by Trek_Girl42; 07 December 2007, 09:34 AM.

Comment

Am I really the only one who's not devastated by Nathan's death? He's an interesting character, but seeing the other heroes get by - particularly Peter - without him will be more interesting than watching Nathan pick up their - particularly Peter's - messes.

Also, I sincerely hope Caitlin is gone for good, with the eradication of that specific future. She was boring and mostly useless, except for brief moments of providing inspiration for Peter.

I originally thought Angela killed Nathan, but after seeing the HRG suggestion, I could buy that as well. I'd have to see that clip again to look at the body type of the assassin - unless they were somehow creative...
                                Words to live by: "When in doubt, shoot at the guy yelling 'Kree!'."

Let's try this again: Spoiler-free 'til Season 4.5.

EJO on the blooper reel: "I hope you like it... or I'll SQUASH YOUR NUTS."

Spoiler:
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X