Fight or Flight (205)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great episode.

Really glad to see things getting wrapped up with Peter in Ireland. I'm so glad lightning-girl killed Caitlin's brother, his accent was just so ridiculous. After all the hype it was a bit silly that the box turned out to be effectively useless. Though I'm sure now there are all sorts of things in there that will only become significant as Peter and Caitlin go off on their adventures.

HRG and Haitian scene looked cool, assuming it was a CG/bluescreen background, it definately looked like it.

The lack of West/Claire was a definate bonus.

The Nightmare man was fantastic, Nathan delivered my favourite line of the episode "I'm not a cargo plane". I'm wondering if he was telling the truth about Matt's powers being more that just mind reading, or if Nightmare Man actually has a power that's different

I'm not sure what was with Nikki, last time we saw her she was agreeing to do something bad for Bob, maybe she's going undercover against Suresh and HRG or something. Maybe it was Jessica that was violencing out, but something just felt off with that whole set up.

I really want Bob to turn someone into gold now, that would be awesome.

Hiro remains incredibly boring. If I thought for one second they were actually going to have that Massive battle that's been set up I'd be delighted, but they're not going to show that. The story doesn't seem to be going anywhere. I'm sure there has to be some kind of big pay-off but I think the writers are really taking too long to get there. Hiro feels like filler now, which is horrible considering how great he was in season one. Also, isn't Ando now completely giving the game away. Surely that scientist dude is going to be like "this is awesome, it proves time travel! Let's show the world!" I suspect that will probebly be conviently forgotten about.

Monica and Mica make a cute team, looking foward to seeing where this is going, Monica's power is a really awesome one.

The writing is continuing the improvements from the last episode, I was actually getting worried beacause the first few (ep three in particular) were pretty bad. If they can raise the game West/Claire, the twins and Sylar, and Hiro storylines Heroes is on course to reclaiming its mega-awesome status.
    I'm A Leaf On The Wind...Watch How I Soar

Comment

Originally posted by NationOfJoe View Post
      on an up note, micha and the muscle mimic are great together i can't wait to see how they go out and fight crime (as long as mohinder does the right thing). and i guess matt's dad implanted a nightmare that made hiro think he was being attacked and thrown over the edge. poor hiro watching his girl get wooed by an imposter that he created.
      I love Micha and the Muscle Mimic- and we saw another 9th Wonders comic! How long has it been since we saw one of those!

I liked that this episode jumped from story to story very quickly- it got things moving along, and progressing more than any other episode has so far this season = good thing.

Anyone know how many episodes Kristen Bell is going to be in?

Comment

I think I read she'll be in 13 episodes

Comment

Oddly enough, her imdb says nothing about Heroes.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0068338/

Comment

wow sure looks like i'm in the minority, lol.

another thing i'm glad to see now that the guy in the mirror was in fact nathan and people can stop arguing that it was peter. but while the fight between nathan and matt was cool. from what burned nathan and nathan were talking about i got a vauge sence he see's him because of guilt for peters death. but he says "everys ones dead because of you" does he blame him self for hiro's dad/ his own dad? they didn't really go into much detail about it

Comment

Originally posted by MmmmMcKAy View Post
              I'm really loving Monica. And Michah is so much happier around her than he ever was with Niki. Monica's very good for him. Wonder how she's going to take Mohinder's "explanation" and if he'll want her to go with him.
              I think Micah's is just finally glad to have someone around he may be able to convince to enjoy what they are. I think he's also really desperate for a stable family and that makes him draw closer to Monica even more now that he knows they have something in common.

I really like Monica too. I hope she gets the opportunity to really kick some ass.. Bruce Lee style. ahh.... my thirst for violence is coming back.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

Originally posted by NationOfJoe View Post
                wow sure looks like i'm in the minority, lol.

another thing i'm glad to see now that the guy in the mirror was in fact nathan and people can stop arguing that it was peter. but while the fight between nathan and matt was cool. from what burned nathan and nathan were talking about i got a vauge sence he see's him because of guilt for peters death. but he says "everys ones dead because of you" does he blame him self for hiro's dad/ his own dad? they didn't really go into much detail about it
                I actually got the sense that "Other Nathan" was referring to the people of NYC all being dead when he said that.

Moving on....looks like I'm the only one who actually mourns the passage of Ricky, accent and all, and yikes! What a way to go but hey, if it means Pete finally comes out of hiding and takes on the Company...I guess it works for me.
                Last edited by alaskannut; 23 October 2007, 07:10 PM.
                sigpic
                Eagles may soar free and proud, but weasels never get sucked into jet engines.
                "We're not going to Guam are we?"

Comment

Originally posted by alaskannut View Post
                  I actually got the sense that "Other Nathan" was referring to the people of NYC all being dead when he said that.

Moving on....looks like I'm the only one who actually mourns the passage of Ricky, accent and all, and yikes! What a way to gobut hey, if it means Pete finally comes out of hiding and takes on the Company...I guess it works for me.
                  I'll agree, it was a rough way for Ricky to go. No one deserves that, and he was trying to protect Peter. I really think we're about to see some awesome stuff out of Peter. All the power he possesses. It's about time he used more of it, and on his enemies.
                  sigpic
                  MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                  "...phu...ah..."
                  "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                  Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                    I'll agree, it was a rough way for Ricky to go. No one deserves that, and he was trying to protect Peter. I really think we're about to see some awesome stuff out of Peter. All the power he possesses. It's about time he used more of it, and on his enemies.
                    I think its funny that the Belle character things she can control or kill Peter. If its the company then they know he is an empath. They'd also know that he was capable of fighting Sylar and surviving. No one else has managed to pull that off. Well no one other than the Haitian.

Comment

Originally posted by MarshAngel View Post
                      I think Micah's is just finally glad to have someone around he may be able to convince to enjoy what they are. I think he's also really desperate for a stable family and that makes him draw closer to Monica even more now that he knows they have something in common.

I really like Monica too. I hope she gets the opportunity to really kick some ass.. Bruce Lee style. ahh.... my thirst for violence is coming back.

Wouldn't it be cool to see a fight between nikki/jessica and Monica over Micah? Imagine the possibilities

Comment

Originally posted by Aussie_86 View Post
                        Wouldn't it be cool to see a fight between nikki/jessica and Monica over Micah? Imagine the possibilities
                        Monica should get ripped to shreds. As a muscle mimic Monica can reproduce anything she sees but she can not reproduce Nikki/Jessica's strength. Even a glancing blow from Nikki/Jessica (Nikki) would seriously damage Monica. In fact it should break a bone or cause internal injuries. If Monca can also mimic strength then she should just be another empath.

The real question is does Sylar kill her? Even a muscle mimic can not resist Sylar's telekinesis abilities. And of course you have to wonder if Peter will run into Monica before Sylar.

Comment

Thoughts on the episode:

Oh, I liked this episode. *grins*

First of I think it's impossible for this cast not to have chemistry with one another. Matt and Nathan, Mohinder and Nikki, HRG and The Haiitan Sensation.

Even HRG and The Haitian Sensation who were barely in the episode were so Team Badass Spy that it's not even funny. They were WALKING and I was happy. Then there was Mo and Nikki who again had like 2.5 minutes of screen together, and MO was owned in the .5 and I still want to smile at the interconnections of them, which extends to later in the episode with Micha and Monica. I felt bad for Nikki, I don't knwo why she's being so stupid about her power, but I guess DL's death really hit her hard (I still can't wait for hopefully the flashback episode of what happened in those four months).

Then there was Matt and Nathan. This episodes Team Awesome. Though the spat with Matt and Mo was great too.

"I'm not a cargo jet." - hee! No, but you do need to run a comb through that hair.

But the Matt!Dad thing! Woah! And I liked it. Stay bad ass, they'll kick it later, but stay evil! I mean thank you writers for not making him stay all bumbly and scared cuz *disappointment* And way to work the power! Freaky! And also cool because we get a glimpse of the levels Matt can later reach.

Now to the best *winks* part of this episode. Peter being all hot. Yep, I'm secure enough in my shallowness to say that yep, I was looking forward to the Peter hotness in this - plot! PSHAW!! (Okay, I don't really mean that, but it's close). Oh and Hiro showed up too, the return of Team Waffles *points to icon* But back to Hiro which was a pretty meh in the episode. I mean sweetie, you're cute, Kensei is oddly cool being that he's kinda a of a drunk and Yakeo is pretty, but you're not really Obi-Wan Kenobeing it here like you want to be. You're giving shocking close emo looks at the hand holding KY are doing and well, three's definitely a crowd. One of you has to leave, which one? That's not up to me but I think this would work better with a twosome instead of a threesome. So yeah, Yakeo, you're pretty, you could be a bad ass swords woman, but can we just leave it at Team I Broke History? *grins*

Now for the goods. Mmmm Peter... Unfortunately for all involved he's not shirtless for half the episode, but he open the box - Oooh! And realized he's Peter "my names do the Stan Lee same letter for both names thing" Petrelli! He also becomes aware that he has a stalker - oh crap! Fangirls!! Nope! Just a semi crazy petite blond who can shoot electricity out of her hands - aawww! (I'm just waiting for the subtext to rear it's tiny head) I wonder if she'll take over voice over duties Hmmmm.... he also start to paint again and I love the WTF moment Caitlin had - heh! Yep, you're boyfriend is freaky unique. And then what does he paint? I very vague building, in MONTREAL *winks* with vaguer people, Petey, work on clarity. Caitlin, I'm sorry about the big brother *hug*

Ah but back to the Elle subtext! First we have Claire, who wasn't in the eppy, and she gets her emo!flying!outcast Stalker Boy *cough*PeterNathanZach*cough*. Now we have Peter who get a supposedly sociopath cute petite blonde (with a cheerleading background *wink*) Stalker Girl. Ah these writers, they know how to give what they people can twist in fic fodder and they do it well.

And whose her daddy I wonder? Bob? The man behind the Bob?

As for the kiddies: Molly!! *clings* Get better!! Micha! Oh kid, you are adorable! And Monica you are awesome!

To the missing characters: Claire! You are still awesome. Slyar and the Wonder Twin. I like you. Yep, I said. I like the Wonder Twins, I know many dislike them, but hey you know their powers are going to be importante ( and yes, they're representing the Latin community, hence more like) so I'm giving them a chance to prove their pretty selves. Plus the Sylar/Maya ship has evil like potential.. *grins*

Oh! Wait one last thing... Who is interested in the possibility of Slyar/Elle. I mean they already play up the Sylar-Peter similarities, and really, who does Elle resemble, you know except for the not crazy murdering thing... *evil grin*
                          banner by Stef

Comment

I´ve just seen it and I have to say one thing - I love the Matt and Nathan´s storyline.

It seems like Nathan and Peter changed their roles a little. But Nathan cared in S1, but Peter doesn´t. They are trying to find him and he simply doesn´t care. But it looks like Nathan is the active now, who tries to find the truth. I like it.

I wonder how far will Mohinder get with this "protect Molly" thing bc it looks like he is willing to do anything. I kind of like it bc who knows what does the Company do? We know nothing about them.

As I see it, parents wanted to make a little zoo of their kids. I think that Deveaux is related to Micah somewhat. And there are still couple of unknown people on the photo. I am anxious to know who they are.

But I don´t understand Niki´s storyline. I didn´t understand what her role in story was in S1, and I don´t understand it now.

But Matt and Nathan, great duo, I think.

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

Monica rocks!

Comment

Originally posted by Xicer View Post
                                Awesome episode, IMO at least. Matt's dad definitely had me going there, I really started to think he might be more innocent than he was made out to be, but then wham! Nightmare! Nathan is getting much more likeable now. I think Peter's story is also starting to go in the right direction, and I'm liking the new Hero so far. I couldn't help thinking of Emperor Palpatine, lol.

The Monica story is doing good as well, and I like that she and Micah are like a team now. Suresh coming to her was a suprise. And I liked the few Hiro scenes too. It was good to see Niki again too.
                                Papa nightmare... Damn he is scary!

As to Monica and the company, i was rather irked that they went after her so soon.. Especially since it seems that the new leader wants to reform them.. Seems more like he is doing business as usual.

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
                                Yay Kristen Bell! And she's kinda evil! But then again she took out one of the Irish guys, so maybe we should be thanking her. I'm betting her father is what's his name.....Bob? From the company.
                                That is my guess too.. Daddy is bob.

Originally posted by cheese View Post
                                The Nightmare man was fantastic, Nathan delivered my favourite line of the episode "I'm not a cargo plane". I'm wondering if he was telling the truth about Matt's powers being more that just mind reading, or if Nightmare Man actually has a power that's different
                                I think its more that Daddy has had more use of his powers so has refined them, where Matt still is getting used to them.

Hiro remains incredibly boring. If I thought for one second they were actually going to have that Massive battle that's been set up I'd be delighted, but they're not going to show that. The story doesn't seem to be going anywhere. I'm sure there has to be some kind of big pay-off but I think the writers are really taking too long to get there. Hiro feels like filler now, which is horrible considering how great he was in season one. Also, isn't Ando now completely giving the game away. Surely that scientist dude is going to be like "this is awesome, it proves time travel! Let's show the world!" I suspect that will probebly be conviently forgotten about.
                                This weeks ep was one of the few i actually didn't like the Hero back in time storyline.. it was rather.... dull to me. BUT on the Ando angle, why is that guy who ando is going through Not quizical as to WHY/HOW ando has these supposed old scrolls wrote TO HIM??

Monica and Mica make a cute team, looking foward to seeing where this is going, Monica's power is a really awesome one.
                                Which makes me wonder if that annoying brat of a cousin (dredlocks) has any?

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
                                and we saw another 9th Wonders comic! How long has it been since we saw one of those!
                                What i would love is if those comics were actually available!

Originally posted by Klenotka View Post
                                I wonder how far will Mohinder get with this "protect Molly" thing bc it looks like he is willing to do anything. I kind of like it bc who knows what does the Company do? We know nothing about them.
                                IMO it's standard fare though. I know plenty of parents who would be just like Mohinder was.. Going to the devil you know, to help your 'kid'..

Comment

Working...
                                X