No announcement yet.

The Kindness of Strangers (204)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, Sylar's more interesting as a character when he's (supposedly) powerless. That whole Claire thing still bores me though. Can't wait until Peter comes back next week.

Comment

The lack of Hiro made this episode overall boring.... for the most part anyways. His storyline seems to be the most intense and well developed; it's very imaginitive and fun-- it's what I enjoy of the show and the fact that the most enjoyable character didn't appear in the episode at all was just a let down.

Maya and Alejandro, for the past 3 episodes were boring, but once they crossed paths with Sylar, you could just tell things will get interesting! I don't think Sylar took her powers, but his eyes were turning black from the effect of Maya's powers, inwhich he was dying in the same way characters from the past 3 episodes were. You dig?

Sylar's weakness has really been developing his character, and I love the tradgedy of it.. I can't wait to watch more of his journey to recovery.

Claire is now a believable cheerleader: a liar, selfish, reckless and just rude. I thought she was rather out of character in this episode and that she's not really thinking for herself as she usually does-- maybe it's just the young girl in love with the bad boy thing, but seriously, Claire, smarten up!

It's no secret of mine that I'm not a fan of the children characters of the show. Micah and Molly bore the hell out of me and their powers aren't even that exciting. The writing for the characters is just dull and cheesy, while the best they can do is put them as side characters or have Micah get his cousin free Pay Per View.

Oh well, at least Nikki didn't show up.

Speaking of Molly, though... it was kind of a shame to figure out who the new big bad was so soon... let alone have it be a character with no past reference in the show. I was kind of hoping it'd be Claire's new boyfriend, but I guess now Matt will get the screen time he deserves.

Comment

So it seems everyones parents were in the original twelve, who wants to bet Sylar's dad was one of them to. So Parkman's dad is supposedly the Nightmare man, definitely interesting, but why does he have such an interest in Molly? Perhaps he's a pedophile, knowing NBC and their love affair with pedophiles I wouldn't be surprised. Of course I'm hoping it's just so she'll be too afraid to find him.
        All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
          I doubt you're the only one. In fact, there are probably legions of Claire/West shippers out there and hordes of Westians happy to support the character. I simply can't share in that enthusiasm. Frankly, I think I'd trust Sylar more than I'd trust West. But I'm weird that way.
          The thing is, West's manipulation (and yes, he MUST be manipulating Claire, I refuse to believe otherwise) just seems so much worse.....weirdly. Sylar is more forthright in his lying, he lies blatantly, but West is pulling this psychological "trust me" mind game crap on Claire, while Sylar with Maya and Alejandro just says (in short) "I know where this guys is, I can get you there".

West is playing on Claire's emotions, at least when Sylar comes to get you it's nothing personal.

Comment

Originally posted by nekoi View Post
            Speaking of Molly, though... it was kind of a shame to figure out who the new big bad was so soon... let alone have it be a character with no past reference in the show. I was kind of hoping it'd be Claire's new boyfriend, but I guess now Matt will get the screen time he deserves.
            Well, we don't for 100% certainty that Papa Parkman is the Boogeyman. Sorta like what someone up the page said, he might just be a puppet and the real Boogeyman may be controlling him.
            Folding@Home|Babylon 5 Canon Guide

Delenn: This is Ambassador Delenn of the Minbari. Babylon 5 is under our protection. Withdraw,...or be destroyed.
            Earth Captain: Negative. We have authority here. Do not force us to engage your ship.
            Delenn: Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else.
            --Babylon 5 - "Severed Dreams"

Comment

My working theory on Matt's dad is he's been on the run from company for all these years. He's one of those Linderman considered to have lost their way. The part about him stealing money may have been the cover story the company concocted for the family and any law enforcement agengies they may have manipulated into searching for him. Its possible that his 1st contact with Molly occurred because the company tried to use her to find him. She doesn't automatically know where everyone is she has to look for them. His power must allow him to detect and block her tracking ability. Mr Parkman may not know that she's a child or no longer under the company's control, so he when she tried to find him the this time he struck out to protect himself.
              Captain John Sheridan: [practicing his apology for blowing up a Centauri War Cruiser] I apologize. I'm sorry. I'm sorry we had to defend ourselves against an unwarranted attack. I'm sorry that your crew was stupid enough to fire on a station filled with a quarter million civilians, including your own people. And I'm sorry I waited as long as I did before I blew them all straight to hell! As with everything else it's the thought that counts.

Beta Ray Bill: “ I have battled in the vastness of space and bled in the depths of Hell! Come for me, and you come for death!!!” Omega Flight #5 of 5

Comment

Molly said that the nightmare man is worse than Sylar. What could his power be? All we know so far is that he can see Molly when she goes looking for him, and that if she gets too close he can apparently grab on to her consciousness.

I think it would be cool if he wasn't just a super-powered telepath, but if his ability was that he can use anyone's ability against them. Imagine him messing up Matt's mind-reading ability, or screwing with Nathan's ability to fly ... or going toe-to-toe with Peter. Anything that Peter throws at him comes right back to bite him.
                GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

This episode would have had an A+++ rating if Monica had of released a 'quit your jibber-jabber fool' as she king-pwned that noob that tried to rob the store ahahaha.

otherwise, A+

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
                    ...Am I the only one who noticed that big fat cockroach when we saw whats-his-name after Syler killed him?
                    Originally posted by Hypochondriac View Post
                    I'm hoping the illusion lady is still alive, and the 3 day trek through the jungle was an illusion. I can't believe "the company" could be that stupid.

I think that Candace is still alive! After I saw her with Sylar and she said that she had rescued him...I believe that she IS the cockroach (well...she's making it seem that she looks like that as a disguise).

I don't believe that "The Company" is that stupid and I believe that killing her was all an illusion to see what he'd do and where he'd go - that Candace is still following him...
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wwlh View Post
                      I think that Candace is still alive! After I saw her with Sylar and she said that she had rescued him...I believe that she IS the cockroach (well...she's making it seem that she looks like that as a disguise).

I don't believe that "The Company" is that stupid and I believe that killing her was all an illusion to see what he'd do and where he'd go - that Candace is still following him...
                      Uh why would she make herself look like a roach, when she could make herself look like nothing? Pretty sure the roach is just an allusion to Sylars true nature, he is a cockroach, it's a symbol of Sylar. Either that or Candace is really a superintelligent cockroach and the human candace is an illusion, hey it worked for a Godzilla movie.
                      All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

i think candice is indeed dead. as we know, the future sylar got her power so he would've had to cut her head open somehow. so i don't buy the candice could be alive argument.

Comment

Originally posted by eri-chan View Post
                          i think candice is indeed dead. as we know, the future sylar got her power so he would've had to cut her head open somehow. so i don't buy the candice could be alive argument.
                          I'm pretty sure Future Sylar doesn't exist anymore. Not that version, anyway. The present was changed to prevent that future from happening so those scenes are no longer applicable.

Comment

hmmm i dunno about that... just because that future doesnt happen anymore, it doesnt mean that some things won't be the same as that future. like in 5 years gone, we saw sylar with ted's powers although ted wasn't killed by sylar 'til after that ep in the present.
                            anyway i heard a theory from a friend that sylar might still be the bomb that blows up new york so i was going on that. but that discussion would be for another thread

i watched this ep again and now i think that the painting of noah being shot shows claire going out with a boy just for timeframe instead of noah being killed by mystery man/bf. he's meant to be going overseas with the haitian soon so i'm guessing he's going to die there.

Comment

Quick thoughts on KoS:

Geez, do all the Petrellis have to be so frickin' adorable. Simon. Monty. You guys so win in the gene pool. And Nathan thank you for listening to your boys - they knew what they were talking about. *pets newly shaven face* Back to the pretty!

Sylar. How do you just keep getting hotter and hotter? You know you want the Maya, Alejandro special to be added to you palette ;P And was it only me that was seeing the crazy hotness that could be Sylar/Maya.... yeah, I think I was. Alejandro, gwad the looks he kept giving them: "Mira, chamo, no te metas con me hermana porque si el hace dano no te tendria que matar - ella lo puede hacer..."

And for the one who no speaken the Spanish: "Yo, bro, don't start messing with my sister because if you hurt her, I wouldn't have to kill you - she can do it herself..."

Micha *huggles*

Oh, Claire. You too cute, the boy is, well, I'm still not behind him... The Hollywood sign date was sweet and even if you saw the jumping/fly/catching thing a mile away it was still sweet.

MmM!!!!!! OH. MY. *THUD* Dude! Daddy Parkman is a baddie - WOAH! I did not see that coming and I'm actually disappointed in myself, because it make complete sense that all the Heroes parents were connected in one way or another. As for Mo's and Matt's lovers spat fight, aww! And Molly. Molly. Has. To. Be. Okay. That's all I'm saying. And that Matt better whump daddy one.

And finally - where was my half nekkid Peter and Hiro? *stamps foot* But seriously, even though I missed them, the episode didn't suffer w/o them
                              banner by Stef

Comment

I think that the hooded man is Daddy Parkmans power and that he can only be seen by the person who's mind he is in thus Mrs. Pattrelli inflicting the wounds on her self. That would also mean that Hiro's daddy jumped.

Comment

Working...
                                X