Kindred (203)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
    So far, I really like how things are playing out this season. Just like last season, things are starting to build a bit. Probably to something very big. I really look forward to the next episode.
    I'm with you buddy... While I have a few niggles with a couple of the smaller arcs, I think the big picture is still fairly sound. I'll reserve my judgment till the end of the season.

Oh, another thing... Sylar appears to be LOST...
    sigpic
    "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily View Post

Oh, another thing... Sylar appears to be LOST...

You are so right!! Now that you said it...that scene was so LOST!!!
      sigpic

Comment

what in the name of jiminy cricket is going on! im all for suspenseful build up but this week just took the pish.
        Hiro and Peter's stories could have taken significant and important steps forward this episode and guess what, everything just stays the same.
        and thats the way we like it in tv land, everything must stay the same for as long as possible. great drama!

Sylar's return was a bit of a damp squib but maybe next week he'll eat Desmonds brains and get the power to see the future, wait.... oh ive gone wrong there somewhere.

west (who names a kid west honestly) is as annoying as ever and if he doesnt turn out to be a government ninja flying assassin and does kill Noah Bennett he might turn out to be the most hated character in a sci fi tv series since wesley crushinator.

not a great start, just dragging things out does not equal a well thought out storyline, it equals lazy writing but it'll pick up im sure like last season, it's just why not make the first few episodes interesting? the four months later thing just feels like such a ploy to fill episodes until mid season.

crazy idea i know but how about we have a story!
        To the Mandatorium!!!!!

Comment

I am glad I am not the only one who is bored by the Heroes' storyline to date. Early in the thread someone said that season one did not have a lot of early suspense. I respectfully disagree. I started to watch Heroes via torrents and ended up watching the first series in 5 days. I watched the last 7 or 8 episodes in a row and I would have watched the entire series straight if I did not have to wake up in the morning. IMO, it is one of the greatest single seasons of any show I've ever seen.

This season is being pulled down by just a lack of creativity. Is there even a point to the twins? If so they should just get into the US already. Their entire trek for the US is taking entirely too long and their whole power set-up is boring to watch.

As everyone has said the Irish accents are horrible. The girl at least has a credible accent and I also think she is attractive so I give her a pass. I was hoping Peter would open the box but then it took the whole I like you and what if I don't like whats in the box routine.

Sylar's screen time was fun until he killed Candace. Not only was it predictable but he did not even cut her head in the same fashion as in previous episodes. Typically he cuts the skull off at the top and performs whatever he needs to do to get the powers. In this case he went from the base of the skull. Someone I'd like to know how he had the strength to knock her out and what could he have used to cut her through her skull. The only explanation to me is that it is still an illusion. If it isn't then thats just piss poor writing.

O and the tattoo...how lame can you get?

I won't even touch the Claire West relationship. We all know that they were getting her together with some guy....but West?

Wow, what else can I complain about? Commercials anyone? Or how about Mohinder playing spy while using cell phones and then seeing Molly. How inept can you get? Grr.... so many issues. Maybe I could not see this in the first season because I watched them at such a quick pace.

Comment

Interesting that Heroes are showing up with the same powers. Claire + Takezo Kensei, as well as Nathan + that other flying kid.

Also unclear what happened with Sylar. Did her kill her, or was it all another illusion.

Was a good ep.
            Science Fiction is an existential metaphor; it allows us to tell stories about the human condition.

Isaac Asimov once said individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.

[/QUOTE]

SENFORUMS.com

Comment

Here are my oppinions and the theories I´m liking at the moment:

Sylar has contracted the virus and it has caused him to lose his powers. The extra vial that Mohinder got from the company man contained Sylers blood. Candice knew that Syler had lost all of his powers and therefore thought that she could handle him easily since he wasn´t dangerous anymore. She obviously over looked the fact that if you de-power a pychotic super villian then your still left with a pychotic villian . Candice is therefore most likely dead IMO.

Kenzie (english guy in the japan story) is most likely the guy who killed Hiro´s father. It makes sense since he would almost certainly have been the one or one of the main people who created the original company for the good of mankind. He´s now figured out that the rest of the group has gone bad and has decided to eliminate them.

West is propably a company mole, if not then I´d be really surprised. But then again you´d think a company agent would be more competent and capable then looking through windows... That strikes me more as the act of a stalker.

Peter is an incredibly strong, dangerous individual and if left with all his powers fully functional would act as a bit of an deus ex machina since he could handle just about anyone with ease. My guess is that the writers are going to wait quite awhile yet to bring him up to his full potential again.

The mexican girls black eye power is the only thing that can kill a person with the regen power and thus it is she who will kill Kenzie at the end of the season. Personally once she deliberatly used her power she became a very unsympathetic character to me and quite frankly I would support anyone who tried to kill her since she is to dangerous to be allowed to walk around.

Comment

Having rapid cellular regeneration means you can't die from disease. So Maya may not be the killing blow.

I totally forgot about the possibility that Sylar could have the disease. if he does, then he just killed Candace, and without the cure, he won't be able to glean her ability. He'll merely have a fat. smelly whino corpse. Good riddance.

Poo on West to. I hate Creepy Stalker.

Comment

The flying guy is working for the company... in my opinion they found out where the bennett's were living and sent the flying guy to woo Claire to get at Noah.

The flying guy teaches Claire to "rebel" because she's different when in reality he is filling her with hate against Noah, she will either be the one who pulls the trigger and kills Noah or she'll come to her senses in the last second.

Comment

Originally posted by knowsfords View Post
                    The flying guy is working for the company... in my opinion they found out where the bennett's were living and sent the flying guy to woo Claire to get at Noah.

The flying guy teaches Claire to "rebel" because she's different when in reality he is filling her with hate against Noah, she will either be the one who pulls the trigger and kills Noah or she'll come to her senses in the last second.
                    Oh god I hope Claire doesn't kill HRG. Or anyone.

West will do it, and Claire will have to opportunity to kill him, but she won't. Then someone else will have to get him out of the picture so he won't have to annoy us anymore in the next story arc.

Comment

What a disappointing episode! Who the hell wrote this? It's hideous!! I haven't seen this kind of awkward, forced story-telling for ages. Similarly frustrating is that Claire, Hiro, and Peter exhibit some disturbing and out of character scenes that damage some golden moments we've experienced thus far.

For the most part the episode lacks coherent pacing, with some pitiful scene transitions, likely due to poor editing. And finally, relatively nothing fresh happens in terms of the plot.

I don't know how drunk, tired, or spazzed-out the production team was when making this installment of Heroes, but if they don't snap out of it, more offerings like "Kindred" will damage the development of this show.

Muchly disturbing indeed..
                      sigpic

Comment

So we've just seen this episode in Australia.

So far, the build up is what would be expected.

My biggest gripe is the Peter sotry line. We had a season of him learning how to use his powers and being freaked out at being able to have multiple powers. Do we really need to have another season of him learning to use his powers and being freaked out at having multiple powers?

The story of the brother and sister tar from the eyes is getting dull rapidly. Move on, make something happen or have them disappear. The running from the police and being constantly scared is .. well we get the point, move on with it now.

Niki. So how many times can she be abused by "the company". Come on, the woman took part in the final showdown with Sylar. Suddenly she's a whimpering mother again who is afraid of her own shadow (or reflection)? This story like Peter's is basically a rehash of last season.

Stalker boy and Claire. All I can say there is wow. So stalking and being a peeping tom is OK provided you can fly the objection of your obsession off to the beach? How easily a girl can go from scared and feeling belittled to kissy kissy, all in one fell swoop - literally!

Comment

Originally posted by Nathan View Post
                          Stalker boy and Claire. All I can say there is wow. So stalking and being a peeping tom is OK provided you can fly the objection of your obsession off to the beach? How easily a girl can go from scared and feeling belittled to kissy kissy, all in one fell swoop - literally!
                          I absolutely agree- Claire has been one of my favourite characters on the show since the beginning, and this is just.....she's a smart character, but this compromises that, horribly.

Comment

OK...

1. Like the messages in the sword, not sure why Hiro's still hanging about in 1671!

2. Don't have an issue with the Peter storyline, thinking about it his decision to stay in Ireland for the time being sort of makes sense in a Bourne identity way.

3. Sylar, stuck without powers. Having killed Candice. Could be interesting.

4. Not freaked out by West yet. The Noah connection could be freaky though

S2's not hit awesome yet but still solid.
                            I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Mexico escape definitely boring

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                                I'm a bit surprised by Sylar. I was sure that he was going to "kill" his keeper only to find out that it was another projection- kinda like the trick she pulled on Micah when he tried to escape. I also wonder if he really does have to "start over" or if his powers are being kept in check artificially.
                                Spoiler:
                                they are being kept in check artifically cause of the disease he was given by the company before leaving him to rot down there.. Don't really know why though

Very good episode IMO. It was great to see Sylar finally back. Looks like he's got some work to do (getting his powers back). As for why he can't use them, I definitely think they're being blocked by someone or something.
                                After watching quinto play Spock in the rebooted Star trek, i am LOVING him as Sylar. he is really doing the villian role justice.
                                As for his powers, i love that you hear that 'clock ticking' in the backround when he tried to kick them in..

I kind of saw that part about her Dad being the abductor coming the moment I saw those marks on his neck.
                                Well we did know from last season when Matt was also taken and 'marked' that the company did that to quite a few powered individuals.. So it imo was only a matter of time before they came face to face (so to speak) with one of their former 'targets'.

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
                                Two Trek cameos this ep, heh.
                                It's actually three if you count the guy from Enterprise in the Irish crowd as the third.

Originally posted by jds1982 View Post
                                Loved Hiro leaving messages for Ando in the sword.
                                Which makes me wonder. Was Hiro 'fated' to have gone back in time, to leave those messages in the sword, knowing he would GAIN the sword later (in season 1 when he stole it)..

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                                Oh yeah, almost forgot the thing about Darth Peter. Given the way his tattoo reacted and then disappeared, is it safe to assume that Peter now has a Dark Passenger just like Niki does? Seemed pretty blatant to me, but I've been wrong before.
                                I disagree. I never remember seeing something like that happen with Niki.. BUT i liked that the tatoo went to the symbol for the heroes..

Originally posted by Hypochondriac View Post
                                I'm still pissed about all the cellphone use, there not secure means of communication. I thought they planted a bug on Mohinder, when the company guy patted his shoulder.

Hate West, the Season 1 kid was loads better. Hope he the one syler got his flying powers from in 5 years later and Nathan is alive but stuck somewhere else.
                                IIRC it was mentioned he got them from Nathan, when he killed him and took on his role as the president.

As for west, i am actually ok with him. Unlike most of you it seems.

Originally posted by cheese View Post
                                I'm not entirely sure but I don't think a private security guard would be armed with a gun.
                                Being i work with one private security company and worked for a 2nd last year, yes we CAN be armed..

DL being dead is was nice to finally get out of the way. Nikki doing bad is old news, has the company not screwed her over enough yet? And how is Uhura related to Mica? We've met his grandmother before, and it wasn't her.
                                From what i gather, she is DL"s mother.. So mom in law to Niki and grandma in law to Mika. BUT i am really starting to hate his 'cousin'.

The final scene was great though, a nice twist, though I'm sad Bennet's going to die, he's a good character.
                                We have seen Hiro and other's prevent those predictions coming true before. Afterall, Manhattan didn't go boom which was one of the bigger predictions that Issac made..

DOH! Of course lol. I'm sure Linderman at the very least would have taken a peak! Massive error there.
                                The only thing i can think of is maybe linderman didn't realize it was hollow??

Comment

Working...
                                X