• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kindred (203)

Visit the Episode GuideHEROES SEASON TWO
    KINDRED
    EPISODE NUMBER - 203

Sylar awakens to find that an unfamiliar face is helping him recover. Hiro helps Kensei live up to his legend, even though it means losing the woman he loves. As Niki and Micah leave Las Vegas to start a new life, Mohinder returns to New York. Maja tries to spring her brother from a Mexican jail, and Claire's secret is discovered.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    Last edited by GateWorld; 01 May 2015, 09:33 PM.

I finally figured out who Kensei reminds me of: Joxer the Mighty! I think it's just the helmet; it makes me grin every time I see him wearing it.

Another slow burn ep. I know a lot of people are cranky about the slow pace, but I think the lead up to the finale has simply spoiled the audience: they expect everything to be BANG! POW! ZOWIE! and they forget that there were a lot of eps where not much seemed to be happening. I'm sure the payoff will be worth the wait.

I'm a bit surprised by Sylar. I was sure that he was going to "kill" his keeper only to find out that it was another projection- kinda like the trick she pulled on Micah when he tried to escape. I also wonder if he really does have to "start over" or if his powers are being kept in check artificially.

Peter's storyline now officially pisses me off. It's that whole stupid thing from Lost all over again: Kate wanted to tell Jack what she'd done and he said no and they kept nagging us about it but we never found out until a season later or something. Now it's gonna be that damn box. Stupid Peter. Never liked him anyway. I was hoping the haircut had improved him a bit, but no, he's the same old wussy dumbass he was in S1. *sigh*

So! Nichelle Nichols! Can't wait to see more of her story.

And was I wrong or did the shadowy figure in the Mendez painting look a bit like Claire's creepy flyboy?

Comment

Very good episode IMO. It was great to see Sylar finally back. Looks like he's got some work to do (getting his powers back). As for why he can't use them, I definitely think they're being blocked by someone or something.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I think Sylar still is in an illusion and we just haven't gotten the reveal yet. Seriously - would Candice, knowing full well who Sylar is and what he can do, leave herself so open, especially considering that someone's more than likely looking out for the two of them? I don't buy that she's dead or that Sylar's now stuck by himself in the middle of some rain forest.

West is lame and entirely forgettable. I wonder if, when she was on the beach with him, Claire was thinking Jeez, my real dad can fly too... Will this start getting awkward? I hope he stops showing up so we actually CAN forget about him. The only interesting part came at the end, when we find out that he has those scars. I think he totally is the shadowy guy in Isaac's painting, and I lament that Noah's going to die. Maybe not yet, but he will.

Peter's lame, too.

Preview spoilers:
        Spoiler:
        I'm excited to see Nathan again, AND without the beard! That's just so much better.
        Words to live by: "When in doubt, shoot at the guy yelling 'Kree!'."

Let's try this again: Spoiler-free 'til Season 4.5.

EJO on the blooper reel: "I hope you like it... or I'll SQUASH YOUR NUTS."

Spoiler:
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lady Snow View Post
          I think Sylar still is in an illusion and we just haven't gotten the reveal yet. Seriously - would Candice, knowing full well who Sylar is and what he can do, leave herself so open, especially considering that someone's more than likely looking out for the two of them? I don't buy that she's dead or that Sylar's now stuck by himself in the middle of some rain forest.
          I really like the sound of that. The TV previews did say things wouldn't be what they seem.
          sigpic
          "...phu...ah..."

Comment

I saw that Candice killing a mile away. So like someone said, it could be an illusion too.

Good episode. I'm still wondering if that blond in the picture is Claire or Nikki. Nikki has to do something for the company so I wonder if they'll want her to kill HRG.

and interesting twist with Claire's new boyfrield and her dad abducting him.

Say hello to my little friend!!

Comment

Originally posted by Iguana775 View Post
              I saw that Candice killing a mile away. So like someone said, it could be an illusion too.

Good episode. I'm still wondering if that blond in the picture is Claire or Nikki. Nikki has to do something for the company so I wonder if they'll want her to kill HRG.

and interesting twist with Claire's new boyfrield and her dad abducting him.
              I kind of saw that part about her Dad being the abductor coming the moment I saw those marks on his neck.
              sigpic
              "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                I kind of saw that part about her Dad being the abductor coming the moment I saw those marks on his neck.
                Me too. I was just waiting for him to describe her dad.

Say hello to my little friend!!

Comment

I like where Peter is going. I'm not sold on the reluctance to open the box ... but he's quite kickass, and it's a nice way to force him to rediscover his powers.

Candace ... is she really that stupid? Assuming she's still working for the Company, I don't see any way they'd put her in a room with him. Sylar does as Sylar does. But she seemed legitimately surprised at the end that he didn't go head-over-heals for her wonderful Team Sylar idea. "C'mon, Sylar! We'll be the next great Odd Couple! Da do - da do - da do ..."

I'm not sure if something is truly dampening his powers (though he still seems to have his own innate ability, or at least thinks that he does), or if she's still in a virtual reality. If I had to bet after this episode, I'd say the latter. Based on "Five Years Gone," Sylar getting Candace's power so easily is a big red herring.

Hate Claire's stalker boyfriend. So far he's a self-centered, needy pain in the mikta, and there's utterly nothing redeeming about him.
                  GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                  The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                  Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

West/Claire is all kinds of ew. He stalks her, acts like a jerk to her at school, kisses her when she's mad at him, and she forgives him without any further discussion because he takes her flying? Um...no.

I'd like to see West meet up with a plane engine, but the HRG painting appeared to have him in it. So, more West on the horizon. Oh, goodie.

All in all, I find myself not as interested in many of the storylines this season. Wonder twins in Mexico? Eh. Peter in Ireland? Eh. Hiro in Japan? Eh. (I prefer Hiro when he's paired with Ando) The only storylines I like right now are Mohinder/Matt/Molly, Sylar, and the mystery of the paintings/parent killer.

Two Trek cameos this ep, heh.

Comment

Originally posted by Iguana775 View Post
                      Me too. I was just waiting for him to describe her dad.
                      Yup. And I went, "HA! And THAT's why fans still refer to him as HRG!" It was probably around here that I saw someone complaining about people still referring to him as HRG when we know his name. So there.

Two Trek cameos? Who was the other one? Unless you're counting Sylar, which is cheating.

Comment

Malcolm and Uhura!

Comment

Originally posted by Darren View Post
                          Malcolm and Uhura!
                          When was Malcolm in the ep? I'm beginning to think the Haitian has paid me a visit... *checks neck for funny marks*

Comment

Peter read his mind. He was in the mobster op. He turned on his brothers. Peter pinned him to a wall with freaky mind powers and almost crushed his throat.

Malcolm!

Comment

Oohhhh, gotcha! Wow, I utterly failed to recognize him. Of course, I only saw a few eps of Enterprise, so that didn't help either.

Meanwhile I realized that the Evil Company Man isn't who I thought he was. Or rather, he's exactly who I thought he was (the guy from Dweebs), but he isn't Ecklie from CSI. All these years I always assumed Ecklie was the guy from Dweebs. Huh. He was in CSI Miami, though.

And speaking of Miami, how realistic is Peter's girlfriend's accent? It reminds me heavily of Fianoa's on Burn Notice. I keep wanting her to say "Moy-ami."

Comment

Working...
                              X