No announcement yet.

Distractions (114)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought previews weren't considered spoilers? Or am I mixing up my sites again?

Anyway, looks can be deceiving and previews in particular can flat-out lie. I've a feeling you-know-who will be just fine in the end.

Comment

When will Niki control Jessica? I was hoping the Oprah shrink would help, but she got her ass kicked (and tased). I think I have an idea who
      Spoiler:
      may be dying
      But I'm not certain, but I'm reasonably sure.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily View Post
        I'm sure Christopher Eccleston is relishing this role... he gets to be obnoxious...
        He wasn't as the Doctor?

Anyway, I was a little disappointed at the reveal of Claire's father. Frankly I saw that coming a MILE away.
        Through Life's dull road, so dim and dirty
        I have dragged to three-and-thirty.
        What have these years left to me?
        Nothing, except thirty-three.

- Lord Byron

Dispatches From the Suburbs of Hell

The Pit

Comment

I agree that he was obnoxious to an extent as the Doctor, but it was because he'd been there, done that, bought the T-shirt and knew the best course of action.

As Claude, he's just obnoxious for the sake of being obnoxious.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos View Post
            Holy Crap. Nathan's the last person I'd expect to be Claire's Dad. Great episode, can't wait until next week's episode for the effects of "Nathan is Claire's dad" shocker.
            I actually expected it. We already saw that he's willing to fool around on his wife. no one else on the show made sense to me other than the Nathan.

Say hello to my little friend!!

Comment

Originally posted by KatG View Post
              I agree that he was obnoxious to an extent as the Doctor, but it was because he'd been there, done that, bought the T-shirt and knew the best course of action.

As Claude, he's just obnoxious for the sake of being obnoxious.
              I love how obnoxioes he is! But I think it's because he was burned by HRG at sometime.
              Doze Out...

I used to eat a lot of natural foods until I learned that most people die of natural causes.

Comment

I loved this ep & I rotflmfao at quite few lines. I believe there may have also been a "Woooohooooo!" outta me when Claude socked Peter, lol. (I just adore Chris Eccleston, he is fantastic!) I watched it again the next night, as I recorded it but didn't have time to watch it again Monday.

I feel so bad for Claude, you can tell that he has been through some rough times to make him the way he is. I wonder how much of that has to do with his past dealings with HRG (Claire's adopted dad)? And will we ever find out his real name? There is no way it is really Claude Raines, even the way he said it when he told Peter his name you could tell that he wasn't using his real name.

Re: HRG knowing Claude, I got less of a feeling of coworkers and more along the lines of Claude maybe being one of the first Heroes that HRG (Claire's dad - Horn Rimmed Glasses) had... experimented with the way he has with the current crop. That would explain Claude calling himself no one & being in hiding... literally. I would LOVE to know what Claude's real name is, though. Or will we never find out? It could become a running gag like the secret first name of Claire's dad.

I really loved this show before they had the wisdom to add Chris Eccleston, so I am really loving it now that there is someone like his character, who has experience with his powers and seems completely comfortable with them. I love how he compared Peter to a dog, Peter has always been puppyish to me, so it was perfect!

I didn't expect that Nathan would be Claire's dad, I actually thought it might be the mysterious and dangerous Mr. Linderman. Nathan seemed like such an obvious choice that I didn't think they would go for it. And I cannot BELIEVE that there are Claire/Peter 'shippers out there!!! Isn't that statutory rape fer cryin out loud?! Or close enough so that it falls under the heading of "Things that Make You Go 'EEEEEWWWWWWWW!!!'"?

I would love to know who else might belong to the older generation of Heroes that Claude seems to belong to (although it doesn't seem fair that Nathan Petrelli is old enough to have a daughter in the new generation of heroes, but he seems to be lumped in with the younger ones & not with Claude's group, like Claire's mother).

The license plate on Hiro's dad's car made me laugh, what a great license plate!

Also, I froze the frame where Sylar is holding up HRG's license and I couldn't see a first name at all. Everything else was pretty clear, although I couldn't see too well, it is only an old VCR, not a TiVo or something off HDTV. I would love to read the whole license... although something tells me they knew people would be looking for HRG's elusive first name & left that spot blank.

Comment

There IS no first name listed on the license. I checked a screencap.

Ya know, I didn't realize we didn't know his first name until that scene where Mrs. B was saying, "I always call him-" and got cut off.

Other than as a running joke, I wonder why it's such a secret?

Comment

I found a very clear screencap somewhere and not only was it missing the first name on his license, but the signature was just a last name as well. I would love to know if it is just a joke or if there is some other meaning to it.

Comment

Maybe his name is actually Bennet Linderman and he's just set up this entirely false life under the name of Bennet.

Impossible, of course, but that'd be hilarious...

Comment

we could start "name Bennet" contest ... maybe he is shy about his name?

(i think there is some significance about it, they went to great length not to reveal his name ... but i have no idea why)
                        VISIT AND JOIN

Comment

Maybe his name is Uluru.

Comment

I'll take Bob...
                            Doze Out...

I used to eat a lot of natural foods until I learned that most people die of natural causes.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                              Maybe his name is Uluru.
                              Ha! That has a nice ring to it. Maybe he just goes by one name, like Madonna.
                              Dr. Orpheus: "But Hank, no...Hank is quite upset! Rage, I can hear his rage! He calls you a crumb bum....or maybe a crampon. It's hard to hear him." - Venture Bros., 2x01 Powerless in the Face of Death

Comment

^Could be Elvis...

The whole "Mr Bennett" thing reminds me of The Pretender. Mr Parker, Miss Parker, Mr Lyle, Mr Raines... people with no first names and interestingly enough, people with no last names... Sydney, Jarod, Major Charles...
                                I suppose it adds a whole new level of mystery.
                                sigpic
                                "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Working...
                                X