Adam the first?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adam the first?

Aside from the obvious biblical parallel, is it pretty much the general consensus that Adam was the first of the mutants?
    sigpic

I'd say it's likely, and possible that all other "mutants" are related to him. I mean you probably get around when you're 400+ years old.
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

That would mean that all the current Heroes share an ancestor of 14 or less generations ago. 350~ years isn't that long ago really, I think... Could be wrong- anyone want to jump in with some population/ human migration data here? 14 generations to get a worldwide populace of Heroes?

And I think it's probably been going on longer than that, Adam's just the most recent Hero we've seen (due to no scenes, either from the episodes or from the the Comic existing from before then).

Comment

As things stand now, yeah, I think of Adam as the first of their kind.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by The Prophet View Post
          That would mean that all the current Heroes share an ancestor of 14 or less generations ago. 350~ years isn't that long ago really, I think... Could be wrong- anyone want to jump in with some population/ human migration data here? 14 generations to get a worldwide populace of Heroes?

And I think it's probably been going on longer than that, Adam's just the most recent Hero we've seen (due to no scenes, either from the episodes or from the the Comic existing from before then).
          think 6 degrees of seperation, think "perhaps adam lived in japan had a child there, worked his way across the planet on perhaps a merchant ship, doing as sailors do in ports for a couple of years, then think 3-5 generations a century, say adam has had 30 children over his whole life, and each of them passed the gene down on average say to 2 children, say on avarage 4 generations per century and 4 centuries... thats 1,966,080 and i agree it could be a lot less, but theres still a bit of potential for it to be more, and that's just using figures that aren't even particularly big.
          Spoiler:
          Disclaimer:
          I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
          Quotes!
          - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
          - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
          - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
            As things stand now, yeah, I think of Adam as the first of their kind.
            i think Adam is one of the first, but not the only Hero from that time frame
            People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint... it happens to kinda look like the name 'Jeremy Bearimy' in cursive English.

Comment

Originally posted by jds1982 View Post
              I'd say it's likely, and possible that all other "mutants" are related to him. I mean you probably get around when you're 400+ years old.
              O.o Woah.... I dunno about that. Even if he is the first, that doesn't mean there wouldn't be other people not related to him that have the new gene as well.

I think he may have been one of the first, but not necessarily the first.

Originally posted by AvatarIII View Post
              think 6 degrees of seperation, think "perhaps adam lived in japan had a child there, worked his way across the planet on perhaps a merchant ship, doing as sailors do in ports for a couple of years, then think 3-5 generations a century, say adam has had 30 children over his whole life, and each of them passed the gene down on average say to 2 children, say on avarage 4 generations per century and 4 centuries... thats 1,966,080 and i agree it could be a lot less, but theres still a bit of potential for it to be more, and that's just using figures that aren't even particularly big.
              It may be possible, but I don't think it's likely... I mean, that would mean that anyone who has the gene has to be part European. But there are people from all over the world that have powers.

Besides.... he seemed pretty upset about losing Yaeko's love. I don't see him immediately going off with half a dozen other women... but that's just me. I mean, throughout the course of his life he may have had maybe thirty children, but not early enough in his life to spread the gene all over the world by now.

Originally posted by stargatefan234 View Post
              i think Adam is one of the first, but not the only Hero from that time frame
              I agree.
              Last edited by Myn McGeek, Third Sentinel; 25 September 2008, 12:26 PM.
              Fandoms come and go, but geekiness lasts forever.

YouTube - DeviantART - Twitter - tumblr

sigpic

Comment

Adam is, I believe, THE Adam and older than 400 years. He could've been "killed" like claire and then suddenly woke up in Germany in the 17th century. Adam is the original hero his genetic material could've been passed by means other than mating you know. He could've pulled a captain cook and had his arm eaten and had his blood chemestry passed on in the womb.

Comment

Originally posted by Hotsauce00 View Post
                  Adam is, I believe, THE Adam and older than 400 years. He could've been "killed" like claire and then suddenly woke up in Germany in the 17th century. Adam is the original hero his genetic material could've been passed by means other than mating you know. He could've pulled a captain cook and had his arm eaten and had his blood chemestry passed on in the womb.

Your sir, need to find out how babies are made. Fast.

Then never have children.

Comment

Maybe he is the first, but I doubt it. Shows such as Heroes are likely exist in a universe where all ancient demi-gods such as Hercules, Hera, Zues...ect were "Mutants/Specials/Heroes" of some kind.

Also, if you have read all of the Novels/Comics we know that Adam ran into a multiplier a couple hundred years ago when he first came to America so we is definatley not related to each Hero and I doubt he is the first.

Just think, Heroes come from ALL races, and ALL parts of the world.
                    sigpic

Comment

He is probably the oldest curent heroe, but not the oldest. Although I'd agree with some being his descendent.
                      http://www.imagehosting.com/out.php/..._DanielSig.jpg

Comment

I have my doubts on this. Adam's 'rise to power' started around the time of the eclipse. Was there not also an eclipse based around our current heroes from when they found out their powers?
                        sigpic
                        It's Probin' Time!

Comment

Originally posted by Spimman View Post
                          Maybe he is the first, but I doubt it. Shows such as Heroes are likely exist in a universe where all ancient demi-gods such as Hercules, Hera, Zues...ect were "Mutants/Specials/Heroes" of some kind.

Also, if you have read all of the Novels/Comics we know that Adam ran into a multiplier a couple hundred years ago when he first came to America so we is definatley not related to each Hero and I doubt he is the first.

Just think, Heroes come from ALL races, and ALL parts of the world.
                          and adam has travelled the world, we know he's lived in japan obviously, i would say a good proportion could be his descendents for sure.

and yes, i would say eclipses definately have something to do with powers
                          Spoiler:
                          i heard an eclipse in an upcoming episode starts to weaken peoples powers !!!
                          Spoiler:
                          Disclaimer:
                          I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
                          Quotes!
                          - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AvatarIII View Post
                            and adam has travelled the world, we know he's lived in japan obviously, i would say a good proportion could be his descendents for sure
                            I wouldn't doubt at all that he is related to quite a few different Heroes at some point in their past, but I doubt he is related to more than a few hundred or thousand out of the world.

It is also quite possible that he has far fewer children than we think. It is likely that he married once every 50 years and had a few kids each time...it will be interesting to see if they ever shed some light on this.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Spimman View Post
                              I wouldn't doubt at all that he is related to quite a few different Heroes at some point in their past, but I doubt he is related to more than a few hundred or thousand out of the world.

It is also quite possible that he has far fewer children than we think. It is likely that he married once every 50 years and had a few kids each time...it will be interesting to see if they ever shed some light on this.
                              why would he need to be married, he would have been a sailor at some point, possibly leaving japan, so whoy could he not gone on a rebound and slept with loads of women at every port on the way to america?
                              Spoiler:
                              Disclaimer:
                              Quotes!
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X